[DUMP][DEVS ONLY] Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition

Search This thread

Mr. Droid

Mar 26, 2010
Toronto
Aww yiss! Thank you so much :cool:

Btw, i can't access this forum section from Tapatalk. Anybody else having this problem? I would like to give some thanks to some people in here, and i can't.

Same cant access via tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

ofcourse there will be a kernel!

but i will release it only for Z1

Hope to see a nice kernel from you :)

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
ok... This is a flashable zip that I BLINDLY made.. meaning I COULD NOT test it as we don't have recovery for the GPE so I couldn't flash it. I'm 99.9% sure it won't work or flash but if someone is brave enough to test it be my guest. Also I don't know what effect it has on the Xperia ZU because it has that dual kernel/recovery thing going on(this is my first sony device so I'm a noob when it comes to sony devices).. It should be rooted and should have busybox installed but again I have no way of knowing if this work work or not at this point. FLASH AT OWN RISK and make sure you have a back up or a way to recover. I take NO responsibility for this untested rom...
stock everything, just rooted and busybox (should be)

http://d-h.st/Z1l

Reactions: warfareonly

warfareonly

Dec 20, 2011
Mumbai
ok... This is a flashable zip that I BLINDLY made.. meaning I COULD NOT test it as we don't have recovery for the GPE so I couldn't flash it. I'm 99.9% sure it won't work or flash but if someone is brave enough to test it be my guest. Also I don't know what effect it has on the Xperia ZU because it has that dual kernel/recovery thing going on(this is my first sony device so I'm a noob when it comes to sony devices).. It should be rooted and should have busybox installed but again I have no way of knowing if this work work or not at this point. FLASH AT OWN RISK and make sure you have a back up or a way to recover. I take NO responsibility for this untested rom...

Why do I have an exam tomorrow?!
:':)':)':)':)'(

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

KLLSWITCH

May 19, 2007
NOR CAL
blownco.com

i have a gpe that ill give it a shot on will report back

edit : it failed to flash

Last edited:

ByakuyaEXT

Jan 18, 2009
Recklinghausen
Tested it with my Xperia Z Ulta international lte version.
Installation was aborted after flashing the kernel.

Reinstalled the Stock Rom with Flashtool, no problems.

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
thanks for the ZU 4.4.2 GPE dump!

i have ported this one too the Z1 :)

BbzxHtYCQAE5-z1.png:small

Reactions: LordManhattan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 4.4

Here's the system dump from the Sony Z Ultra GPE. All credits goes to @sfagundes (speak up if you or someone else are missing)

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLASH. THIS IS FOR DEVS ONLY.

- Download (Mega)
    - Download (Dev-Host)

Android 4.4.2

Many thanks to @graffixnyc for the pre-rooted 4.4.2 dump! Use at your own risk.

- Download (Dev-Host)
    thought of giving something to the ZU GPe community...

so here is the Advanced Stock Kernel with dual recoveries!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2579005

[ note on ZU GPE bootloader ]

so i have done some testing on a users @BLOWNCO device and here is what i found:
    • there are signature verification issues if u try and flash a modified OTA zip
    • even after unlocking bootloader we cant flash custom recovery to internal recovery (FOTAKernel partition)
    • i have tried:
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    • and
      Code:
      fastboot flash FOTAKernel recovery.img
    • it flashes correctly but device still goes to standard recovery
    • then i tried with rooted device and directly DDed onto the FOTAKernel partition, the device never entered that recovery
    • so i am guessing tht Sony has blocked access to the FOTAKernel partition for flashing custom recoveries

only option remaining... use the old recovery in boot kernel system...

regards,

DooMLoRD
    Here is a dump from 4.4.2

system is rooted,
    left out TA, userdata and cache

No warranty and I'm not responsible if you screw your device up.. Use at own risk

http://d-h.st/M4f
    well i got inside the system.img and there is the /system and i pushed it on to my device.

Trying a stock kernel but i highly doubt that will boot it at all :D

Edit: Stock Sony never gets past bootloader. no boot animation.

flash the boot.img from GPE files, dd it on the device from recoverymode ;)

Regards
    Getting a ZU. Will look into it