Cheapo micro USB cables

Search This thread

Quickfire

Jan 1, 2014
I've read that low quality micro USB cables are inefficient at charging your devices and will take longer to fully charge your phone. My question is will these cables damage the battery or the phone? I can live with slower charge times, but I do not want any possible damage to my device.

It's hard to come by good quality USB cables in my country. Does anyone know if I could get them from eBay? Good quality ones that are still inexpensive. Any reliable sellers there?

Thanks.

DummyPLUG

Dec 18, 2007
Hong Kong
I've read that low quality micro USB cables are inefficient at charging your devices and will take longer to fully charge your phone. My question is will these cables damage the battery or the phone? I can live with slower charge times, but I do not want any possible damage to my device.

It's hard to come by good quality USB cables in my country. Does anyone know if I could get them from eBay? Good quality ones that are still inexpensive. Any reliable sellers there?

Thanks.

same here, it is had to tell until you test it, currently the S4 USB cable, Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard (such as come from K800) are good enough.
avoid all of those flat cable by the way.

you may find more info in the S4 forum as people are try hard to find a good usb cable suitable for quick charge.

bradputt

Jun 16, 2010
I've been looking for good quality cables too.
So far the ones from monoprice seems good.
But their shipping price to asia is outrageous.
I'm using the original N7 cable from asus for the time being

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app