Sprint is pushing KitKat OTA!!!

Search This thread

jonathan3579

Mar 12, 2010
Houston
I got my update. Sadly, I was at work and couldn't contain my excitement and went ahead and installed.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

logikzzz

Dec 1, 2013
well hopefully an RUU isnt far off. Anyone able to update with their phone being rooted, S-OFF and on a custom rom?

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage
As long as I flash stock recovery I should be able to do this stock rooted correct?

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using xda app-developers app

ericksoncl23

Jul 7, 2010
As long as I flash stock recovery I should be able to do this stock rooted correct?

Yes. I locked the boot loader. Then flashed the old RUU to get stock recovery. Then upgraded OTA. Then unlocked the bootloader again through HTCDEV. Then put TWRP on and rooted again. Long process but it works.

FunkEIzMyName

Mar 19, 2014
Yes. I locked the boot loader. Then flashed the old RUU to get stock recovery. Then upgraded OTA. Then unlocked the bootloader again through HTCDEV. Then put TWRP on and rooted again. Long process but it works.
Please excuse my noobishness, but I've been trying to find the RUU and cannot seem to locate it. Can you post a link or direct me so I can flash the OTA as well. And thanks, been waiting since last night for someone to clarify OTA installation for root users. Also does it matter what ROM I am currently using? And one more thing(lol sorry,) please clarify or direct me as to how to 're-lock or lock boot loader. Thanks! Your all awesome!

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got my 4.4.2 update from Sprint for my Max. Here are the details:

Baseband: 1.48.50.0109
    Build Number: 2.09.651.1 CL322272
    Kernel Version: 3.4.10-g156c304
    HBOOT: 2.49.0000

Did you happen to grab the zip for us unlucky ones who Sprint hasn't deemed worthy of an update yet?
    No it's just a system dump, but I'm wondering @Jm@n if I could use this dump, deodex it with Universal Deodexer, & than make a flashable stock rooted ROM out of it? It would be my first time trying this but it seems simple enough.

Sent from my HTC One Max

I already have a deodex rom and when I fixed the few fc problems it has, I'm going to share, but yea, I uploaded that so others can do their own thing too

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk
    It's not in /cache. Was in sdcard/download. Anyway I'll share ☺

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I posted the new rom deodexed here if anyone wants to try it out