Losing Data Connection on Idle

Search This thread

android06

Jun 5, 2014
Hi all,

Im on Viper Rom 6.2.1 Rom, Elite Lunar Kernel, and latest OTA radio.
My 4G connection is great when connected, I hit the 40s and 50s download speed.

The problem im having is that when the data connection is idle for like 30 seconds, all of a sudden I lose data connection. the 4G LTE logo is still showing but the download/upload activity arrows no longer flashes. It goes back when I turn mobile data off then on again. Then I lose connection again when idle.

What could be the problem?
Thanks

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
Hi all,

Im on Viper Rom 6.2.1 Rom, Elite Lunar Kernel, and latest OTA radio.
My 4G connection is great when connected, I hit the 40s and 50s download speed.

The problem im having is that when the data connection is idle for like 30 seconds, all of a sudden I lose data connection. the 4G LTE logo is still showing but the download/upload activity arrows no longer flashes. It goes back when I turn mobile data off then on again. Then I lose connection again when idle.

What could be the problem?
Thanks

I just had a similar problem recently like this. Turns out i burned out my 4g sim card. Before changing roms or firmware i would suggest going into a VZW store and get a new one. They are free, they dont even look at the phone. Just tell them LTE connectivity isn't working correctly and that the sim card is bad. they will give you another one.

android06

Jun 5, 2014
I just had a similar problem recently like this. Turns out i burned out my 4g sim card. Before changing roms or firmware i would suggest going into a VZW store and get a new one. They are free, they dont even look at the phone. Just tell them LTE connectivity isn't working correctly and that the sim card is bad. they will give you another one.

Thanks. I figure it was probably the sim card. I will try that.

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
I am having a similar situation. I have data loss after having hotspot on for a little while and any type of reboot is the only remedy (restart of shell, full reboot, adb reboot, etc). I already swapped Sims at the Verizon store, tried different roms, tried flashing different firmware and radio combinations. Any suggestions?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

elarson006

Oct 5, 2010
I am having a similar situation. I have data loss after having hotspot on for a little while and any type of reboot is the only remedy (restart of shell, full reboot, adb reboot, etc). I already swapped Sims at the Verizon store, tried different roms, tried flashing different firmware and radio combinations. Any suggestions?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

I too am having similar issues, though it appears more random than associated with using hotspot.

Every few hours, all radio connectivity but Wifi shuts off. I get the no service icon in the status bar. Only a reboot fixes the issue.

Running teamEcliptic Rom 4.4.3 v1.4, kernel: EliteLunar 3.4.10, baseband: 1.13.41.0421, build: 6.06.401.1.

Soff, unlocked, root, etc.
When I have time to spare plan to restore a stock rom (keeping S-off though) to see if that fixes the issue.

Any advice from those more versed in the One M7 would be appreciated!