[Q] Unable to boot to fastboot or recovery

Search This thread

eldoon

Jan 13, 2012
www.high0101.com
Trying to install a new ROM on my Verizon HTC one, I went to flash a new recovery. Booted to fastboot, flashed recovery with an image and now the phone is stuck in a boot loop. The phone vibrates then the screen comes on. It shows the standard HTC splash, my computer makes the USB connected sound, then disconnected sound. Then the screen goes off.

I have tried to hold power and volume down. It doesn't change the behavior of the phone.

Any thoughts? What can i do if i cant get into fastboot?

mmuzzy

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
You should still have your bootloader. Hold power and volume until it comes up. Even during the bootloop.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

eldoon

Jan 13, 2012
www.high0101.com
You should still have your bootloader. Hold power and volume until it comes up. Even during the bootloop.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Thats the thing, Ive held power and volume (tried top, tried bottom, tried both) for 2-3 minutes at a time. No difference or change. the battery died from the loop. Now when i plug it into a power supply, it automatically starts the bootloop again.

geeibara

Feb 19, 2013
I had the same problem happen to me.
I searched around everywhere for a solution. If you couldn't get it into bootloader again there isn't much to do.
I returned mine into verizon and got a new one the next day.

bregga

Dec 23, 2011
if you cant get to bootloader i hate to say it your stuck

I would keep tryng to boot to bootloader a bunch of times might get lucky and have it go in other than that if you cant get into booloader there is nothing you can really do ill do some looking around for ya but dont get hopes up
just found this maybe will help

leave the phone charging for at least 10-15 min on the AC adapter. press and hold both vol buttons then press and hold power for 2+ minutes. after 2 minutes, let go of all buttons except volume down.

Last edited:

geeibara

Feb 19, 2013
That was my next step today. Sucks, I wont have the blue one anymore!

That sucks :( was the blue one only a limited time? You should still try to ask vzw if you can get a blue one. Honestly this was the easiest way instead of searching around for all this other stuff. vzw was very professional and fast about replacing the phone.

eldoon

Jan 13, 2012
www.high0101.com
That sucks :( was the blue one only a limited time? You should still try to ask vzw if you can get a blue one. Honestly this was the easiest way instead of searching around for all this other stuff. vzw was very professional and fast about replacing the phone.

I contacted vzw and they are sending me a new phone. Even blue! The blue htc one is best buy only. i think they are still available.

ColdStoner

Aug 25, 2010
Hold it up to a bright ( really bright ) light and reboot the phone by holding the power button for 10 - 15 seconds... Sounds strange yes.

Sent from my HTCOneVZW using xda app-developers app