WiFi is always On on battery sats

Search This thread

motogmoko

Mar 16, 2014
Below is the screenshot of my battery usage. I disabled cell radio and WiFi at 12 midnight until 6am. As you can see radio is off (see the gap) but my WiFi has no gap. I can assure you the WiFi is disabled. I don't see the WiFi icon during those time. FYI since I got the phone last January I really don't disable my WiFi even if not in use. Is this a bug?
haba2y3a.jpg

robin0800

Jan 22, 2012
Brighton
Google Pixel 7a
Below is the screenshot of my battery usage. I disabled cell radio and WiFi at 12 midnight until 6am. As you can see radio is off (see the gap) but my WiFi has no gap. I can assure you the WiFi is disabled. I don't see the WiFi icon during those time. FYI since I got the phone last January I really don't disable my WiFi even if not in use. Is this a bug?
haba2y3a.jpg
In Wi-Fi advanced settings make sure "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep is not set to always (Default)

motogmoko

Mar 16, 2014
Thanks man. What does "only when plugged in" mean. So even if I set it to always, it does not consume battery? Because I can see that I improve battery after disabling radios. Like I save 8% of battery.

motogmoko

Mar 16, 2014
Why does the never, increases the data usage? If its never On in sleep. Haha. I'm sorry I'm so dumb haha.