Search This thread

996gt2

Mar 28, 2012
First, some pictures:

CiCYU.jpg

e3l8J.jpg

Phone with extended back cover, compared with TPU case:
jxLyJ.jpg

Front and back of phone, with extended battery cover on. The cover is quite solid and fits flush with the phone. The build quality is very good, quite similar to the stock back cover IMO.
dZFEc.jpg

gHwDQ.jpg

As far as the performance goes, I'm pretty happy so far. After I got it, I charged it completely, and then started using it. Here is my usage graph so far. I accidentally left TuneIn Radio running in the background overnight, hence the big "awake" section. Even after 16 hours of some decently heavy use, I've still got 34% left. And this is on the very first charge, before any calibration has been done. The stock battery definitely could not last through this much use on one charge.

djSBp.png

Last edited:

996gt2

Mar 28, 2012
Update:

Here's the battery life on the second charge.

The vertical line in the middle is from when I shut off the phone to flash a new nightly.

udLa7.png

Reactions: DroiDIY and stemalo

noobsquared

Nov 30, 2011
Thank you for the review and pics, very helpful!

I am debating to order one for myself or not. I am wondering if anyone knows about these batteries if they have all the stuff built-in to stop charging once the battery is full and something to turn them off if they overheat. I know all OEM/expensive batteries come with all those things included in the battery. I know on Atrix forums on xda or some other forum I was reading on, someone opened them up and tested and a lot of cheap China batteries were missing the features of stopping when the charge is full and turn off when heated and all that.

Just wondering if this is a well known and recognized brand so it won't blow my phone or mess it up. Any info on that part? It seems like other people who bought this brand for their phones are quite happy. Now that you've had yours for almost 5 days, what do you think? Has the life of battery gotten better with more use?
Thank you once again.

DroiDIY

Jun 9, 2011
I received mine yesterday, and that night put it on the initial 12 hour charge. Started at 40%, and after around eight hours, it said battery full, and gave me the popup notification. (I have a slow charger) Battery did not overheat, either.

EDIT:

The build of the back cover is very good. OEM quality, IMO.

Last edited:

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
Does this company have any plans for a case to accompany the bulky cover? I really like having a case on my phone, but if I go with this battery and cover then I wouldn't have that option.

996gt2

Mar 28, 2012
Does this company have any plans for a case to accompany the bulky cover? I really like having a case on my phone, but if I go with this battery and cover then I wouldn't have that option.

Just buy a new cover if you scratch it. For $15 with an extended battery included, it's quite cheap.

I'm using an invisible shield on my screen to protect it, but leaving the back cover exposed since it's so cheap to replace.

miguellopez12

Apr 2, 2012
I just got it in and it feels bulky but doesn't look bad. I was tired of my phone dying in 6 hrs so I hope this can last me all day I'll update as soon as I try it out.

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA

noobsquared

Nov 30, 2011
I just ordered a battery as well from amazon. Should be here next week or so. Will post more once I actually get it.
Thank you.

youngv408

Dec 7, 2010
Just buy a new cover if you scratch it. For $15 with an extended battery included, it's quite cheap.

I'm using an invisible shield on my screen to protect it, but leaving the back cover exposed since it's so cheap to replace.

the deal with having a case even if its just a rubber one is that atleast if you drop the phone the case cusions the impact....

Cam R

Jan 29, 2012
Edmonton
Well there was one review.. I'm assuming that out would be pretty much identical.

BeatByte

Dec 11, 2011
Dumont
www.youtube.com
I CANNOT for the life of me get the new back cover off. Other then that, its really good.

Also, anyone else know how to get it off? Lol

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium

DroiDIY

Jun 9, 2011
In order to get the back cover off, I have to start at the bottom, and run my (nearly non-existent) fingernail up the sides of the phone, alternating until it clips off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First, some pictures:

CiCYU.jpg

e3l8J.jpg

Phone with extended back cover, compared with TPU case:
    jxLyJ.jpg

Front and back of phone, with extended battery cover on. The cover is quite solid and fits flush with the phone. The build quality is very good, quite similar to the stock back cover IMO.
    dZFEc.jpg

gHwDQ.jpg

As far as the performance goes, I'm pretty happy so far. After I got it, I charged it completely, and then started using it. Here is my usage graph so far. I accidentally left TuneIn Radio running in the background overnight, hence the big "awake" section. Even after 16 hours of some decently heavy use, I've still got 34% left. And this is on the very first charge, before any calibration has been done. The stock battery definitely could not last through this much use on one charge.

djSBp.png
    Update:

Here's the battery life on the second charge.

The vertical line in the middle is from when I shut off the phone to flash a new nightly.

udLa7.png
    important read
    I purchased the hyperion battery a couple of months ago and just last week I started to see what looked like a little drop of water in the middle of the screen. I taught for sure that the screen was going on the fritz then today noticed that my case was not closing properly. opened it up and found that the battery started swelling which cause the little drop in the screen and the case not closing poorly.
    just reverted back to the initial battery.

just wanted to let you guys know.

Sent from my LG-P935 using Tapatalk 2
    I really want this but don't want the added thickness.. :(

How thick is it with the extended battery and cover?
    For me the way I would normally hold the phone, there is a small gap between the inside of my fingers and the phone, so the added bulk makes it feel a little more natural. Yes, it looks really thick, but in reality it feels fine. But, I wouldn't use it with tighter pants (jeans,khakis, etc...) because it would look massive in your pocket.
    Hey guys, i just got mine in the mail today at 5pm just put it on charge until i have to go to work at 5:30am tomorrow. just wondering if i should run it down to 0% and then recharge? or start charging it at 1%? hope to here back soon. thanks for your reviews guys and hoping the battery meets my expectations. I'm running Ho!no! Full Throttle at the moment for the under volt to try and get the most out of the stock battery. My last Discharge was 18 hours with stock battery with light to medium use with brightness turned as far down as it will go. i am normally a heavy user but have found i have to resist using my phone due to stock battery drain. i will let you know how it goes!

I would say charge it for however long it says, run it completely down. As in, let it die... run Netflix or something for a few hours until it dies. Then plug it in and don't turn it on until it's completely charged.