{GOOD NEWS | FOR CM7 DEVELOPERS, COME HERE} Force Broadcom to Release The Driver

Search This thread

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
I've downloaded the firmware package, but I can not unpack system.img, Can you tell me the way you got the libs from that package? really importnat, thanks.

Using 7zip won't work? Or try mounting it in virtual disk like ultra iso

bieltv3

Jun 12, 2012
Barcelona
U need y2affs binary file and cygwin dll file to extract it and you can do it on windows .
Search on xda

Sent from my Xperia P using Tapatalk 2

Anyone to do that for me and push it systemo somewhere, Ill be very thanked, I dont have time, pretty busy...

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk 4 Beta

Leonda

Apr 20, 2009
Probolinggo
This thread is no need anymore....cause Percy already make almost 100% stable CM 7 on galaxy young....it mean Broadcom already done with it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For Moderator, please do not delete this thread. This for all of us.

GOOD NEWS !!

I got a message from Nick Lambourne :D
    5.jpg

FOR THE DEVELOPERS, I'VE BEEN STARTED A SPECIAL THREAD ABOUT OPEN DIALOGUE WITH BROADCOM. NOT HERE BUT IN MADTEAM FORUM. SQUADZONE MUST BE THERE.
    AND THIS IS ONLY FOR THE DEVELOPERS !!
    IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS PROBLEM ACTUALLY, PLEASE DO NOT POST COMMENTS THERE !!
    LET THE DEVELOPERS DO IT FOR US.

Here is the link : http://madteam.co/forum/general-77/(dev's)(broadcom)-open-dialogue-with-broadcom/
    =============================================================================================================
    UPDATE SEPT 14th :
    My email have been replied by Charles last night (Charles is Sr Product Line Manager at Broadcom). This is the screenshot :
    SC20120913-190845.png

He says :
    "Arby
    I’m still confused since the BCM2763 is not in this Samsung device. Your information is not accurate, please advise where you got this information.
    I am still reviewing with my colleagues regarding driver release.
    Regards,

Charles"

SO WHAT ??
    I send him this screenshot to make him sure that our device is Using Broadcom Videocore IV or BCM2763.
    I take this screenshot using Quadrant Standard, Antutu Benchmark, System Info, and NenaMark

SC20120914-070731.png
    SC20120914-094105.png
    SC20120914-094354.png
    SC20120914-094426.png
    SC20120914-102646.png

I'll do my best. Lets pray together..
    =======================================================================================================

UPDATE : My Conversation with Customer Support Broadcom

To: <csp_help@broadcom.com>
    Subject: Driver BCM2763 for Samsung Galaxy Young
    "Dear Broadcom,
    I am a representative of the users of Samsung Galaxy Young from XDA. We want our device can be developed, but we are constrained by the driver from Broadcom.
    Can you release drivers for Samsung Galaxy Young?
    Bcm21553 CPU and GPU bcm2763

We hope Broadcom could release the drivers soon.
    Please do not ignore this email. Give us the answer.
    Thank you"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    to William, me, csp_help
    "Hi Bill,
    Could you help to find someone to help Arby from ‘Samsung Galaxy Y XDA Forum’ with his request on BCM2763
    Thanks Ferde"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    to Charles, Ferde, me, csp_help
    "Charles,
    Please advise Arby.
    Thanks,

Bill"

to William, Ferde, csp_help, Charles
    "Sorry before.
    I am a representative of the users of Samsung Galaxy Young from XDA. We want to develope our Samsung Galaxy Young GT-S5360 to AfterMarket ROM.
    As we know that GT-S5360 used chipset Broadcom bcm21553 wich has GPU bcm2763. The developers are hardly to develope this device caused of graphic problems on Aftermarket ROM.
    So that we ask for Broadcom to release GPU Driver BCM2763 for us to develope it.
    We have sent feedback to Broadcom but still got no respon
    I know you are nice and smart guy. Help us, Please :(
    We are like beggars who beg via Facebook, Twitter, Sending petition and Feedback just hope Broadcom release the drivers. In fact, we also contacted samsung to talk to Broadcom, but no results, how ironic :'(
    Please guys, we just want to grow :(
    Thank you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    to csp_help-pf, csphelp, David, James, Naga, Ritesh, Shengjun, Wai-Yin, Wei, me, William, Ferde
    "Hi Arby
    There is misalignments in your communication. Why do you say the BCM21553 has BCM2763 GPU Driver?
    I will review this request with my colleague but it is unlikely this is something we will release.
    Thanks,
    Charles"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    to Charles, me, William, csp_help, William
    "Charles – thanks for your update
    Hi Arby,
    Charles is helping you with your request, please contact Charles for further assistance.
    At this time we will proceed to resolve the ticket.
    Please let us know if there is anything else we may assist you with, by contacting the CSP Help Team at email]csp_help@broadcom.com[/email] we will be happy to open a new case.
    Thanks Ferde"

Charles Macfarlane charles.macfarlane@broadcom.com
    to me
    "Hi
    I'm out of office with very limited email, returning Thurs 13th Sept. Call or text my mobile if urgent.
    Regards,
    Charles"
    The most important thing is THE PETITION. Please submit the petition as much as you can. Because, if until Sept 13 there is no confirmation from Broadcom, We will DECLARE THE PETITION to 4 Broadcom Principals in 4 different country.
    Because with submitting the petition, percentage of success could be 85%.

===========================================================================================================

Yesterday we just got message from Yanuar Harry (Squadzone) that he want to giving back the SGY that we have given to him, because Broadcom won't release the Driver. So, CM7 will never be on SGY.

Support us to force Broadcom to release the Driver for our device. Because w/o driver, we will not see CM7 and other Aftermarket Rom in our device.

How?

1. By submitting the petition here http://www.change.org/petitions/bro...k&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=27816658. Just fill out your name, email, and a bit of comments.

2. Follow our twitter @Forum_Gyoung and make a twitt to @Broadcom wit hashtag #prayforBroadcom

3. You can send feedback to Broadcom http://www.broadcom.com/contact/feedback.php

4. Ask Samsung for help to talk to Broadcom to immediately release the driver http://www.samsung.com/id/info/contactus.html

If our force in cyberspace has not been responding by the Broadcom until October 6, 2012, then we will act immediately from the REAL WORLD!
    GATHERING JABODETABEK #4 will Perform Demonstration demanding release of Broadcom drivers. Forces of the real world will be shared via Youtube, Facebook, Twitter and other Social Media. And I hope all Galyoungers in XDA will do the same thing. It’s for all of us.

C’mon Galyoungers, we must go on.
    For problems like this, I will be in the front line

EDIT :
    take a look at this thread :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1821297

Share and give 5 star rating to this thread in order to stay in the first page

Sorry for my bad english.
    keeping you guys informed (hopefully not see much spam!)
    nick of broadcom back for egl binaries
    i and him debug the apks (games )

i hope soon news !

bye

white!
    This is the latest email I receive from Nick. Good news :)
    I will update the thread later.

" Dear Arby,

My name is Nick Lambourne and I look after MultiMedia and Android porting for Broadcom baseband chips, based in California.

Thanks for reaching out to us – Broadcom is a keen supporter of the open source community and are actively interested in seeing our SoC’s used by the community. Most recently, the Raspberry Pi has been a great success in and previously, items like our WiFi open source push have been well received by Android ROM builders.

Please understand that we run an extremely busy ‘ship’ at Broadcom and I hope you can excuse our delay in getting back to our customers ‘customers’. I have only just become aware of this request, through your contact here and then checking up on twitter for the #prayforbroadcom campaign then a longer search into XDA forums communications.

With regards to your request, I would like to start an open dialogue with you and the community on a public forum to find out what exactly you need and work with our engineering team to see how to resolve this request. Can you point me to a place where I can start a thread on this request? XDA or cyanogen?

Thanks,

Nick."

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app