[ROM][WWE][16-Jul-10] Timolol's stock-like WM6.5.5 ROM (Build 23569)

Search This thread

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
timololbanner.png

5.10.071.6TH (b23569)
showcasev.jpg

The rationale behind this ROM was to make it clean and stock-like. It was made for the HTC Touch Pro and is my interpretation of what a WM 6.5 ROM would be like if HTC had designed it themselves (minus Manila/TF3D). Only HTC applications (or applications which have been included in official HTC ROMs) have been included in this ROM, and any third-party applications must be installed by the user. No weird and wonderful customisations have been made to this ROM in keeping with the stock-like philosophy. Everything that you might expect HTC to include in their official ROMs (with the exception of TF3D) has been included, in addition to standard WM6.5 features. Another goal in this ROM was to keep it as bug-free as possible and thus the absolute latest and usually buggy versions of applications may not be included. I have used the latest bug-free versions of applications.

This ROM is similar to Da_G's clean ROM, except it is customised for the Touch Pro, and includes more HTC applications than his ROM. These include the Comm Manager, Calculator, Album, MP3 Trimmer, Power Off Warning, Connection Setup plus others. .NetCF 3.5 and Opera Mobile browser are also included in this ROM. This ROM is UC enabled.

Note that this ROM is for a generic HTC Touch Pro and is NOT customised for any particular carrier such as AT&T. The keyboard layout is for the Touch Pro, so if you are using a Fuze please download and install this file found in post #2. If you are using a Fuze and wish to remap the PTT button, please install this cab. This ROM has been tested extensively and undergone many updates and bug-fixes. Having said that, if you find any bugs, please don't hesitate to describe them below.

Lastly, for your information, this ROM uses the 1.14.25.35 rilphone.dll. Enjoy the ROM!

Here is the link for the latest version of this ROM (5.10.071.6TH - 23569):

- DOWNLOAD -

• This ROM is for GSM Raphaels ONLY
  • HardSPL is required prior to flashing this ROM. Also, please remember to HARD RESET at the screen alignment screen following flashing.
  • For best results, please remove the SIM card prior to flashing and re-insert it after automated customisation.
  • Please allow the post-flash customisation process to complete which can take several minutes. At the end of the process the device will automatically reset.

----------------------------------------------------

Change log

The version number represents the date on which the ROM was created

5.10.071.6TH (23569)
  • Updated theme
  • Upgraded Office Mobile 2010 icons to 192 DPI
  • Updated Adobe PDF, Contact Utility Engine, HTC Framework, IE Enhancement, Ringtone Plugin, Shared Modules, Shared Resource, SIM Mgr, Wi-Fi Wizard, Notification Enhancement, New Contact Card and Streaming Media
  • Updated Opera Mobile 9.7 to 36009
  • Opera now pre-installed
  • Updated ResLoader.dll
  • Fixed Streaming Media corrupted video on changing point in video

For older changes see this post

Older versions

ROMs older than 5.10.020.7TH have been deleted - see this post for details

Known Issues

• The task manager is no longer accessible by a single click. To access the quick task manager in the homescreen, press the top right corner once to get the drop down icons, then press and hold the top right corner until the drop down icons retreat. Upon releasing your finger, the task manager will appear.

Donations

Thanks for using my ROM! For months and months I've kept this ROM free and donation-free, but recently I've become low on cash (I'm an unemployed university student haha) so I've decided to start accepting donations. I will always keep this ROM free to download and use but if you appreciate that huge number of hours of work that I've put into it, please donate to keep this ROM going. I don't demand or even expect donations, but every cent donated will definitely help me out! All donations of any amount are greatly appreciated, and will get you onto the list of supporters displayed below!

- Donate to Timolol! (Paypal) -

Supporters (thanks so much!)

• Marco V.
  • Eric R.
  • Niek W.
  • Christopher G.
  • Balazs B.
  • Matthew J.
  • Dmitry R.

Last edited:

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
Optional modifications

The cab files attached to this post may be optionally installed if you so desire:

• Fuze Keyboard.cab - Adjusts the physical keyboard mapping for HTC Fuze users (only install if your device is a FUZE)
  • 4 Row Start Menu.cab - Makes the start menu 4 icons wide in portrait mode, and 5 icons wide in landscape mode
  • Original Fonts.cab - Changes the enlarged HTC start menu labels back to the original Windows Mobile 6.5 font
  • Disable HTC Dialer.cab - Disables the HTC Dialer, and re-enables the default WM 6.5 dialer (note: not video call capable)

Screenshots

mosaic.png

Last edited:

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
I would love to, but unfortunately I don't have a Rapidshare account. I can upload it using a free account, but that would be somewhat pointless because it would get deactivated after 10 downloads. Can someone who has a rapidshare account please kindly mirror the file? Thanks!

Tim

V0rt3k

Jun 17, 2009
I'll go try this one, many thanks!

UPDATE 1: I upload the file on some mirrors... sorry, I uploaded on Rapidshare without a premium account...
UPDATE 2: 2 Mirrors added!
UPDATE 3: MORE MIRRORS!!!

@Topic: This ROM rocks my Touch Pro to the limit! Before this one I used the clean fuze rom from Da_G which is also cool, timolol did a good job!

MIRRORS
Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/246636556/tim_rom_21815_mirror_v0rt3k.rar.html
Zippyshare: http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/83174673/file.html
Easyshare: http://www.easy-share.com/1905938768/tim_rom_21815_mirror_v0rt3k.rar
ZShare: http://www.zshare.net/download/616252086f8de58a/
2Shared: http://www.2shared.com/file/6384519/17b2ef2b/tim_rom_21815_mirror_v0rt3k.html
MegaShare: http://www.megashare.com/1109102

Last edited:

majkeljj

Nov 28, 2007
timolol great indea of ROM!
please tell me if TF3D 1 or 2 is included? in stock HTC ROM there is TF3D "1"

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
timolol great indea of ROM!
please tell me if TF3D 1 or 2 is included? in stock HTC ROM there is TF3D "1"

I have chosen not to include TF3D in this ROM because in my opinion TF3D2 is too buggy, and TF3D1 is not any better than the WM6.5 titanium interface. If a newer version of TF3D2 is released in the future, I will consider cooking it in at a later stage. However, currently one of my major aims with this ROM is for it to be completely bug-free which is at odds with the inclusion of TF3D2.

Tim

majkeljj

Nov 28, 2007
ok. I understand that TF3D2 is buggy and you don't want to include it. I don't use it and wait for released version. TF3D1, If you prefer to use titanium you can always disable it on Today settings. I like TF3D and I think that i'm not only one person who would like to have it and your rom will be much closer to stock rom. maybe there is a cab file with TF3D1?

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
ok. I understand that TF3D2 is buggy and you don't want to include it. I don't use it and wait for released version. TF3D1, If you prefer to use titanium you can always disable it on Today settings. I like TF3D and I think that i'm not only one person who would like to have it and your rom will be much closer to stock rom. maybe there is a cab file with TF3D1?

Sorry, I don't have a cab file for TF3D1, but for TF3D2 look here. Another reason for not cooking TF3D in is that it consumes a LOT of memory, and this is a waste if you're not going to use it (I personally don't think the tradeoff is worthwhile).

dialupboy

Oct 21, 2008
I like it without TF3d.

Have several question, are these included in the ROM;
What version HTC Album used?
HTC YouTube Included?
Msn weather?
TouchPro softkeyboard Compaq Querty?
HTC Audio Manager?

Thanx.

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
I like it without TF3d.

Have several question, are these included in the ROM;
What version HTC Album used? Album 2_5_18201831_1
HTC YouTube Included? Yes
Msn weather? Yes
TouchPro softkeyboard Compaq Querty? Yes
HTC Audio Manager? Yes

Thanx.

Basically, you get the message. Everything that you'd expect HTC to include in a WM6.5 ROM (with the exception of TF3D) has been included in this ROM in addition to all stock WM6.5 features.

Top Liked Posts