[MOD] Insecure Boot.img

Search This thread

Versatile1

Aug 29, 2011
Texoma
This is for the Verizon Galaxy S5 Dev. Edition ONLY!!!
SM-G900V

Flash at your own risk!!!!

This mod will flash an insecure boot.img. Allowing you to ADB with root.

1. Download
2. Create back up or have Odin rescue files available.
3. Reboot Recovery
4. Flash sv_deved_insecureboot.zip
(Not signed so you will need to toggle signature verification)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Versatile1

Aug 29, 2011
Texoma
I can not add it in, all the usual methods do not work. Only way I know is to flash the kernel posted in Original Development. I'm not good working with kernels or I would try adding the modification.

jhanson

Sep 14, 2007
I can not add it in, all the usual methods do not work. Only way I know is to flash the kernel posted in Original Development. I'm not good working with kernels or I would try adding the modification.

No problem, thanks for the effort anyway. I'm currently running "the arkenstone", which sets selinux to permissive, I was just hoping to have a more stock kernel. Thanks again!

EMSpilot

Inactive Recognized Themer
May 31, 2012
Show Low
CD Installer

Any chance of modding the boot.img to remove Verizon's CD Installer that pops up when you plug into USB?

Thanks great job on this!!!

Versatile1

Aug 29, 2011
Texoma
Any chance of modding the boot.img to remove Verizon's CD Installer that pops up when you plug into USB?

Thanks great job on this!!!

You can do this without kernel mod.

First navigate to /efs/carrier/HiddenMenu and change from OFF to ON save and exit.

Next you will want to navigate to /system/etc/autorun.iso and either rename *.bak or delete it.

Now reboot

Finally enter into your dialer *#0808#
Switch to MTP hit OK
Navigate to developer options and enable USB debugging if applicable.

All should be good.

Last edited:

Versatile1

Aug 29, 2011
Texoma
Hmm... seems this doesn't stick through reboot. I will look into the kernel for you.

Last edited:

EMSpilot

Inactive Recognized Themer
May 31, 2012
Show Low
You can do this without kernel mod.

First navigate to /system/efs/carrier/HiddenMenu and change from OFF to ON save and exit.

Next you will want to navigate to /system/etc/autorun.iso and either rename *.bak or delete it.

Now reboot

Finally enter into your dialer *#0808#
Switch to MTP hit OK
Enter once again into dialer *#0808# and switch back to MTP + ADB then Reboot

All should be good.

There is no /system/efs folder on a Verizon S5

jp712

Sep 10, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Please! I really need permissive for the ability to override /dev/input for my appradio. I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

Wondering if you ever got permissive enabled to work with your app radio?
I have been working on this most of the week.
Have the S5 std edition not the dev ed. What phone are you using?

Thanks

jhanson

Sep 14, 2007
Wondering if you ever got permissive enabled to work with your app radio?
I have been working on this most of the week.
Have the S5 std edition not the dev ed. What phone are you using?

Thanks

Yes, I got it to permissive, but I've got the dev edition, so it's easy (and possible) to change the kernel. I know someone in the forums is working on permissive without kernel change, but last I read it's not completed yet. Best of luck!

jp712

Sep 10, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Yes, I got it to permissive, but I've got the dev edition, so it's easy (and possible) to change the kernel. I know someone in the forums is working on permissive without kernel change, but last I read it's not completed yet. Best of luck!

Gotcha, Thanks! Im figuring out the kernel stuff. Have been flashing custom roms for years never changed the kernels.
I was under the impression that you could just flash the .zip with safestrap on an std version?

I tried that , never saw the kernel actually change. I thought I was doing something wrong. Your reply leads me to think that changing the kernel on the stock S5 isn't exactly feasible yet?

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts