About to purchase Moto G. Question.

Search This thread

xzifi

Sep 1, 2014
Hi. I'm new and I hope you can help me.

My Moto G is about to arrive and I was wondering what's the first thing I should do with it? Should I charge it right out of the box? Should I turn it on and then charge? How long should the first charge be?

Also, I have read this phone has alot of problems with charging, especially when the battery gets to 0%. What are your suggestions to prevent these problems (such as the phone not turning on/charging, etc)?

Thanks in advance.

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
Just take it out of the box and use it like you have it for months. No special care needed.

The battery drop problem occurs to some users due to unknown reasons, possibly coz of use of noisy/bad charges or improper charge via computer usb port.

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina

My Moto G is about to arrive and I was wondering what's the first thing I should do with it? Should I charge it right out of the box? Should I turn it on and then charge? How long should the first charge be?

Also, I have read this phone has alot of problems with charging, especially when the battery gets to 0%. What are your suggestions to prevent these problems (such as the phone not turning on/charging, etc)?

Thanks in advance.

OMGoodness..Sir..
Certainly, Moto recommends a full charge before using the device, like everyone else does..but..consider the battery is at a low activity state, and charge at least to 50%..because you'll need it for initial setup..its just a precaution..you certainly can wait for a good charge on the device..boot to stock settings..charge..then proceed..

Everyone has opinions on this matter..but..boot, charge..surely one CAN wait that long, for a 50% charge..LOL

I own (1) XT1028 and (2) XT1045's and have no trouble with battery issues..its all in how you maintain the charge..A backup, external battery that is OTG USB is nice to have with you at all times, just incase..

The way we treat/maintain the device battery, is the life of that battery..

Anyhow..you will certainly be pleased with your new Moto G..

Sent from my 4.4.4_21.11.56_peregrine
(Unlocked) XT1045 Moto G 4G LTE #1
http://waynekent.com/page6.html
"Praise Jah" YOU people.!

Last edited:

ZareliMan

Sep 2, 2013

Thanks in advance.

Battery-wise since Li-Ion it isn't better to perform full cycles, in fact, the most healthy thing for a Lithium based battery is to keep it between 40% and 80% all the time, and to store it at 40-60% charge.
That full cycle and stuff are useful for other kinds of batteries, but on Lithium you there's little you can do as the battery isn't new when you buy the device (they charge it and let it go 40-60% charge to store it for retail since it is the best for lithium). It is actually bad for the battery to go over 85% charge as it increases the chance to get undesired reactions in the cells that degrade the capacity. I'm impressed at how manufacturers confuse people with weird battery myths in their user manuals...