[Q] Key Factor: Battery Life

Search This thread

malimal

Man i am pissed with the screen on battery usage. I really wanted this to be my phone for a good amount time but this is terrible. I really have to consider returning. The reviews all mentioned it but thought I could look past it. I hate having to worry about battery life. Then add the fact that usb is a slow charging port anyway.

Just venting because I really want to love this device.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

spridell

Aug 17, 2010
Hopefully the update will address this problem.

From the people who have gotten the update they seem to say battery has gotten much better after the update.

DomCowell

Dec 4, 2010
so when exactly is the update being rolled out to everyone?

I emailed and asked and they just said there is no news yet, keep checking facebook and twitter

----------------

So, after football yesterday I have a friends party and the battery died on me at around 2am-ish. They involved taking a fair few photos, but nothing else. So lasted about 14 hours with 3 hours or so of pretty heavy use.

S

Slaytanic

These are my stats after the first charge (I'm at 1.26, made in Taiwan)
4f2d6f59-d539-53f0.jpg

4f2d6f59-d552-1426.jpg

Not too bad, waiting for 1.28 :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

tombik99

Jun 25, 2008
Praha
Just thought about a point of our personal feeling about percentage.
I usually get in panic when my LGO2X reaches 20% or so, even if i let it in my pocket without use.
But when you talked about such a low standby drain, maybe we dont have to...
Do you think that when you will be for example on party, with phone drained by daily use to 10%, it can pass the night till you get to charger at home in the morning? Just for being aviable..

Thank you for answers :)

S

Slaytanic

End of first day after first full charge:

4f1f2353-e29f-e1be.jpg

4f1f2353-e2b4-063d.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

mr.dj26

Oct 31, 2010
hmmm

In my opinion, the battery is very bad. i was thinking of getting the 1x but no any more :(

if I unplug it at 8am and at 6 or 7 pm its dead, it cant stay a full day thats really bad for a phone with these specs. i think HTC should not make this phone slim it just needs more battery!:mad:

schriss

Feb 6, 2006
Dublin
Just thought about a point of our personal feeling about percentage.
I usually get in panic when my LGO2X reaches 20% or so, even if i let it in my pocket without use.
But when you talked about such a low standby drain, maybe we dont have to...
Do you think that when you will be for example on party, with phone drained by daily use to 10%, it can pass the night till you get to charger at home in the morning? Just for being aviable..

Thank you for answers :)

That's how I sometimes treat my old GNexus, which has a drop of 1-3% over night. So I don't really care how much is left in the evening, I know it will be up and working next day.
I often leave office at 5pm with 20% left, then I actively use the phone on my way home, music, browsing, screen on, battery goes down slowly. Then I went to a store, had 5%, had to make phone call, was afraid it wouldn't last, but after I hang up it was still 5%. Used it for a while, dropped to 3% and thats when I arrived home.
I always have external battery in my bag so in case of emergency I can charge any micro-USB phone, but didn't have to use it.
We usually panic when we see less that 50% or even 20% and we run around looking for a charger. But if my phone lasts 1.5 days average use or over 2 days of very light use, then that 20% is like half day, when I realized that I stopped panicking :D

nickp123

Feb 28, 2011
The battery on this phone is fine. Dont forget, this is the early days, and with time developers will work on better kernels and roms which will further extend it.

I myself use tasker to extend my battery life and i can comfortably get through the day with plenty to spare.

One thing I will say is how good is the screen!!? My screen is turned right down and it still looks mega.

Jun 10, 2008
Can anyone tell me the scenario when battery isworn out in about 1.5 years. What to do with the handset.? Will HTC replace the battery or replace the phone?

schriss

Feb 6, 2006
Dublin
Can anyone tell me the scenario when battery isworn out in about 1.5 years. What to do with the handset.? Will HTC replace the battery or replace the phone?

I'm not sure but I imagine you get warranty from retailer and it might be for example 1 year for the phone and 6 months for the battery, or something like that, and you would get in touch with them. I don't think anyone would ever replace entire phone instead of built in battery. It might be that you will get battery replaced and as part of the process you could get outer shell (that shouldn't cost them much).

rizevnarastek

Apr 9, 2012

Li-Ion Polymer batteries have a much longer life span that ordinary Li-Ion. Unlike the latter, those are supposed to live through 10.000 cycles before reaching sub 80% of the full capacity they once had. So teoreticly even if you charge it TWICE a day it should hold at least 80% percent charge after THIRTEEN YEARS :) ..well, that is, unless it's defective of you misuse it into killing itself.

C56X

May 22, 2012
Battery percentage display

Hi all,

I just got my One X, and I'm loving it.

Could some of you kindly suggest how I could get the battery to display at what percentage it is currently at?
I guess on some phones, it is one of the widgets; not on mine.

I've also installed Juice Defender, and that shows up as an icon on the top left corner of the phone with a little red color. What does that indicate?
I was told to install this app; not really sure if it really helps prolong battery life.

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
Hi all,

I just got my One X, and I'm loving it.

Could some of you kindly suggest how I could get the battery to display at what percentage it is currently at?
I guess on some phones, it is one of the widgets; not on mine.

I've also installed Juice Defender, and that shows up as an icon on the top left corner of the phone with a little red color. What does that indicate?
I was told to install this app; not really sure if it really helps prolong battery life.

not being funny by why install something if you do not know what it does then:confused: why you not read about it first before going ahead and installing it.

Go here and read more about what that app does and how to work it out. Regarding having a percentage on your battery. If you are rooted then most roms now come with percentage in the battery..If you are not rooted then surely there are battery widgets that can display that for you. just have a little search in market

Reactions: C56X

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My Galaxy Nexus with 1750mah battery, roughly the same size screen (4.65"), also 720p but different screen tech lasted about 3h10m screen on time on average :/
    Which was obviously poor, but there are lots of factors that will affect this HTC, eg better processor (with companion core), Super LCD 2 might be more energy efficient plus HTC software should hopefully result in better battery but I'm not holding out for anymore than 4 hour screen on time tbh

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Continues video-playing (720p movie) @ 20% brightness.

attachment.php

attachment.php
    My Galaxy Nexus with 1750mah battery, roughly the same size screen (4.65"), also 720p but different screen tech lasted about 3h10m screen on time on average :/
    Which was obviously poor, but there are lots of factors that will affect this HTC, eg better processor (with companion core), Super LCD 2 might be more energy efficient plus HTC software should hopefully result in better battery but I'm not holding out for anymore than 4 hour screen on time tbh

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Truth be told, the reason I did not buy Galaxy Nexus was because the poor battery life and 16GB storage. If you go to gsmerana.com and find the galaxy nexus battery result, you'd be suprise because GN is MOST worst battery life test expecially in web browsing roughly survive 3 hour in GSM model.

Hey,

Like many of you, I am extremely interested in the HTC One X. However, my one concern is the battery life - and is the only thing that is preventing me from pre-ordering one (and claiming the free MediaLink HD included with phones4u).

I currently have a Motorola Milestone, and have had so for around 26 months now - I believe the battery in that is about 1,450mAh - however, is effectively dead now getting no more than two hours solid use (apps). Now, I could easily go and buy a new battery for the Milestone - but won't as I am hoping to upgrade within a month.

My concern is therefore the non-removable, 1,800mAh battery found in the One X. Does anyone have any idea how long the One X will last with a good amount of usage, as I don't want to buy a phone that is going to have a poor battery life, that will become even worse within one year (two year contracts, after all)?

This one don't worry about it. In my research, I found out that when on idle, HTC One X will use the fifth core to save battery life. Whenever you watch video(this one most benefit to me :D), it's up to 60% of power saving using 4 cores which is 12 hours. The lack of mirco SD card also helped to improve performance and battery life since don't require additional card reading. 4 cores actually increase performance while increase battery life when browsing, gaming, video and others.
    Hey guys, i decided to join this forum as im considering buying the One X as soon as it comes out and battery life is probably my only doubt as the rest of the specs esp the screen are great, so i'll share my thoughts.

First of all to comment on some things posts i read in this thread:

About the ATP: the tegra 3 really and i mean REALLY helped the tablet to achieve good battery time, it can last as long as the ipad 2 without a dock which is pretty F-ing awesome (those who have the ipad would understand). Someone said that because it doesnt have mobile networking it lasted longer over night, well king of true, depending on whether the wi-fi was on or not. I've done tests with many of my phones and i noticed that wi-fi does save your battery but only when in use compared to 3g, so if you are browsing or downloading then wi-fi will save your battery greately compared to 3g, HOWEVER in standby, having wi-fi on will use more battery because it has to power up an extra radio module (i guess), but the fact is that. I think leaving the One X overnight with 3g on will be just fine.

Someone was also commenting about the battery life in their sgs2 runnin cm9.. mate install the latest official ics and your battery will last two times longer than on the cm9 i promise, tried latest versions of both. I uderstand that this was an old post so thats ok. :)

Now onto the One X.
    If you are worried about the standby time, DON'T BE! I mean have none of you got any of the latest android models or gs2 running ics? or galaxy nexus? If you did you would've noticed that ics makes the battery life last really well (standby). My nexus lies there for a couple of days only to go down to 97 % (no sim) to compare this with my galaxy s2 which would go down to 90% overnight when i first bought it. Conclusion: with ics you shouldn't worry about standby time at all. it also helps if you know what you are doing when it comes to managing running apps etc.

But its not about standby to most people. Me myself i like to use the phone, i don't need it to last two or three days at all with normal/high usage but im the kind of guy who wants to wake up at 7:00, use the 3g to fetch emails news notifications etc do some browsing at uni on 3g or wi-fi, 2 hours of music and no signal (underground) come home at 5:00 take a couple of pics use maps for a abit maybe then be home for good in the evening at say 8:00 or 9:00 and still have about 30% left to play some games. (typical monday) :) and to be fair the only phones that have managed this so far are the iphone ( both 4 and 4s) and nokia n9 sometimes and sgs2 on the latest ics.

Now remember that its not all bout the processor! EXAMPLE: Sony Xperia S which i bought a couple of weeks ago for my Dad. compared to One X it has:
    smaller screen (4.3") same resolution! also lcd
    same battery (not sure if its 1750 mah or 1800.. but its very similar in size, Li-ion however)
    dual core processor but no power saving companion core
    no ics yet when i tested it

and what i have to say about the battery life might disappoint some people.. it was very bad.. i didn't have time to check the standby but when i was using the phone i pretty much just watched it drain. Seeing the battery consumption quickly pointed out the problem: DISPLAY - 75%. Those hd screens really eat the battery up. Well tbf it was only the first couple of days of usage and the battery will get better later etc etc but still very bad results.

The conclusion here is that the One x will be great in standby no doubt with ics and the 5th core it will last forever but the screen will make a difference when you use it. I can also imagine you'll have to forget about good battery life when playing games, using the screen and all of the 4 cores which is bad...

oh btw! to comment on the whole tegra 3 vs S4 thing:
    S4 is newer and better due to some cool memory management and is also quite power efficient. Those who have seen the new transformers(two versions: one with tegra 3 and one with s4) say that the s4 feels smoother when using the tablets ui.. but im thinking the tegra 3 will kill it when it comes to hard core games and apps. who knows?.. one x still looks better and has a way better screen than one s! and better gpu(which is a lot) :D
    Here you go :) costs about 32 euros and it's quite impressive.. Charging takes sometime of course but you can recharge your one x 3times with one charge!
    http://www.amazon.de/dp/B005BCGQ5U/ref=cm_sw_r_an_am_ap_am_de?ie=UTF8

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium