[GAME] Iron Soldiers, the begining !

Search This thread

cyberniko

Jan 15, 2007
intro.jpg

/!\ Important
This game HAS BEEN STOLEN by an other developer.
I just published a new version of the game and desactivate the actual version (you can't make fights or add contact anymore).
Please update from the link below to have the new version.
Sorry for inconvenience.

He unpublished the game from his account but androlib already referenced it. So I may have to change the name of the game.

Today I would like to share my last 6 month of developpement !

This new game mixes arcade, strategy and social.

This game is about Building, Teaching, Training and Betting on your Iron Soldier
You customise whats on your iron soldier, you choose what to teach him and choose how he fights...

Its only the first test of several and there is content missing but we need your help to improve this game, there is information in the game missing but i would to know if you can understand the interface and concept of the game we have created so far

You can find the APK file here :
http://vuxia.com/ironsoldiers.apk

img.php

After the creation of your robot, you could go in the account tab and change the group from "beginners" to "XDA", so we could make the first XDA team

This game is free and will integrate some paid content soon (like new weapons, credits) But for everybody who helps test this beta version,
I will remember you and give you the paid content for free

The first tournament is scheduled on Saturday, at noon, in London.

Enjoy and leave comments !

Things I would like your opinions on :
Do you think I should ask the email at the account creation ?
It could be used to send email notifications of finised challenges.

Every update will be done by replacing the apk by a newer, with the same name on my server.
I will notify here, by editing this first post.

Day 1 (6 december)

2613 views of this post (Wow !)
375 accounts created !
98 bug reports... gulps

Points to improve :
-98 bugfix
-game play of the mini games
-contact finder to improve
-the player don't know yet wich robot he is in the fight (I will make 2 colors, put the avatars...)
Later
-extend the game by adding more battle fields and weapon
-improve artificial intelligence

Day 3 (8 december)

57984 views of this post (!)
751 accounts created !
so much bug reports...

I updated the game on the server !

Here is the changelog :
- contact finder improved, but the next week if will be much better
- the tab bar icon at the bottom of the main screen works better
- new notifications available : updates of the game, missing email, missing avatar can be notified
- loading of a fight (test tactic, minifight, challenge) don't stop anymore at 60%, so you should not have problem anymore
- update button on the minifight, challenge and tournament screen in the title bar
- fight improved : the robots have colors (red and blue), you see your avatar here so now you know who you are :)
- lot of bugfix for more stability

Day 6 (11 december)

10 072 views of this post
1300 accounts created !
1350 fights

New update :)

For the last time, you will have something to do to keep using your account. After it will be automatic.
You can update from the link on this thread.

Once updated, open the game and click "transfer my account..."
In the new page, in the "Second step", type your old nickname as password and it will work :)

Sorry for this process, I developped a solution so the next time you will not have to do it again.

Here is the changelog :

-bug fixed (but not all, sorry, and thank you for your reports!)
-some countries added to the list
-credits are updated automatically after a challenge and displayed on the phone
-I'm curious to know how it work on BIG screens, I worked on the compatibility for tablets

-more notifications availables : I can send you notifications for votes. So I can ask you a question and by clicking "yes" or "no" I can see the trend of the community.
You will have notifications also for updates and a direct link to download.

- contacts : you can find friends easier, look for new peoples, most active peoples... and for each of them you have : their number of fights and the last time they played.
So you will not challenge anymore a guy who created an account just for 10 minutes.

-we created more battlefield. they will be available tomorow and you will not have to do anything to see them.

-I'm still working on artificial intelligence and a lot of stuff so... be patient. The work is not over !

I read every reply of this thread, I glad you like it :)

Day 29 (4 january)

19 550 view of this post
2550 accounts created :)

And, yesterday the game has been stolen :(
A thief, took the apk, replaced the signature (this is actualy not too hard), and put the game on the market under his name, as a paid app !

I had to desactivate the actual version because of that. In the actual version, you will have a notification saying that you have to update. You can't create nor answer a fight, and can't add contact anymore.

In uploaded a new version on my server (0.9.4), it's registered on the google market, but not visible. So this guy will not be able to steal a second time the apk.

To avoid misunderstanding, the actual name (iron soldiers) will be replaced for the official launch.

Anyway, the version 0.9.4 does correct a lot a bugs and I hope it will work better on your phones :)

Every update will be done by replacing the apk by a newer, with the same name on my server.

Thank you everybody :)

Last edited:

Sting17

Nov 28, 2008
Sounds like an awesome idea for a game. Grabbing it now, will definitely leave you feedback

Sent from my Desire HD with LeeDrOiD HD loaded goodness

cyberniko

Jan 15, 2007
Actually I would like to improve the artificial intelligence part.

I want to do something more graphic, step by step, and easy.
I have an idea... I should do it this week :)

Guys, how would you see it ?

Reactions: patriotaus

Sunjhoon

Apr 9, 2005
London
so i have played it but it has crashed on me three times :(

set my tactics and done a simulation version.
one thing maybe i have slow reflexes but its pretty hard to get a high score in shoot reflex?
seems a prettly interesting game though.

have not played against anyone but i have sent a challenge so i am waiting to see how i stand up against one of the creators hehe! :)

cyberniko

Jan 15, 2007
@Sunjhoon
You dismissed my challenge ! ;)
The crashes you had are very interesting for me. Don't forget to send me automatic reports.
I will see them tomorow at work and fix them.

Sunjhoon

Apr 9, 2005
London
@Sunjhoon
You dismissed my challenge ! ;)
The crashes you had are very interesting for me. Don't forget to send me automatic reports.
I will see them tomorow at work and fix them.

Sorry i thought the challenge was for now but i read its for the saturday right?

i won't be in the country however if you fancy a challenge now then game on :) !

UpSpin

Aug 20, 2010
Stuttgart
I also tested the game, and it looks fun. The graphics are nice, the GUI is good.
However, the short games to train the robot are a bit boring.
It's impossible to get scores higher than 700 in the reflex game without luck. The time frame is too narrow. Better increase the time frame and let the target appear on random places.

The concept is pretty nice, but the possibilities get very fast very limited.
However, it's in the beginning, so you'll probably add a lot of additional gadgets and items in the future.

But I also have to agree, it's very unstable, and crashes very often.

Sunjhoon

Apr 9, 2005
London
I also tested the game, and it looks fun. The graphics are nice, the GUI is good.
However, the short games to train the robot are a bit boring.
It's impossible to get scores higher than 700 in the reflex game without luck. The time frame is too narrow. Better increase the time frame and let the target appear on random places.

The concept is pretty nice, but the possibilities get very fast very limited.
However, it's in the beginning, so you'll probably add a lot of additional gadgets and items in the future.

But I also have to agree, it's very unstable, and crashes very often.

I think what you said is spot on

I have to agree on the reflex part it was pure chance that i got over 700.

I think that as it is a new game a lot of the options are limited currently as they are currently in development but it is an interesting game and the i have enjoyed playing it so far

One thing i will mention though is that i do like the fact that you have to choose a form of strategy to play. it will interesting when/if more people play how your own strategy works against others. :)

cyberniko

Jan 15, 2007
@UpSpin and Sunjhoon

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

This game is limited right now because it's only a frame. After you will have weapons, goodies, more battlefields...

I have a ton of idea like :
- a magnetic bomb who paralize the ennemy 5 secs, so he is vulnerable to anything
- an oil bomb... so the ennemy loose control
- a nuclear bomb who make both of the player loosing 20 health points
(if you have some ideas, you can share :))

But I need time to do it and first, I have to get rid of the bugs (and it's a pretty hard challenge for me !).

halrulez

Nov 30, 2007
I just downloaded too. I will send reports.

If you have a problem talk to my butt. Cause he is the only one that gives a crap!

Sk17z0

Nov 29, 2010
OK. I just downloaded this and Im installing now. My username is the same as my name here. Sk17z0 (thats a zero)

cyberniko

Jan 15, 2007
If you want to see a lot of people, go in the contact section,

+ add a contact

change "nickname" to "group"

type beginner

search :)

because by default everybody is in this group.

It's 1am for me now. Tomorow morning I will update the game and fix some bugs !

See you guys :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    intro.jpg

/!\ Important
    This game HAS BEEN STOLEN by an other developer.
    I just published a new version of the game and desactivate the actual version (you can't make fights or add contact anymore).
    Please update from the link below to have the new version.
    Sorry for inconvenience.

He unpublished the game from his account but androlib already referenced it. So I may have to change the name of the game.

Today I would like to share my last 6 month of developpement !

This new game mixes arcade, strategy and social.

This game is about Building, Teaching, Training and Betting on your Iron Soldier
    You customise whats on your iron soldier, you choose what to teach him and choose how he fights...

Its only the first test of several and there is content missing but we need your help to improve this game, there is information in the game missing but i would to know if you can understand the interface and concept of the game we have created so far

You can find the APK file here :
    http://vuxia.com/ironsoldiers.apk

img.php

After the creation of your robot, you could go in the account tab and change the group from "beginners" to "XDA", so we could make the first XDA team

This game is free and will integrate some paid content soon (like new weapons, credits) But for everybody who helps test this beta version,
    I will remember you and give you the paid content for free

The first tournament is scheduled on Saturday, at noon, in London.

Enjoy and leave comments !

Things I would like your opinions on :
    Do you think I should ask the email at the account creation ?
    It could be used to send email notifications of finised challenges.

Day 1 (6 december)

2613 views of this post (Wow !)
    375 accounts created !
    98 bug reports... gulps

Points to improve :
    -98 bugfix
    -game play of the mini games
    -contact finder to improve
    -the player don't know yet wich robot he is in the fight (I will make 2 colors, put the avatars...)
    Later
    -extend the game by adding more battle fields and weapon
    -improve artificial intelligence

Day 3 (8 december)

57984 views of this post (!)
    751 accounts created !
    so much bug reports...

I updated the game on the server !

Here is the changelog :
    - contact finder improved, but the next week if will be much better
    - the tab bar icon at the bottom of the main screen works better
    - new notifications available : updates of the game, missing email, missing avatar can be notified
    - loading of a fight (test tactic, minifight, challenge) don't stop anymore at 60%, so you should not have problem anymore
    - update button on the minifight, challenge and tournament screen in the title bar
    - fight improved : the robots have colors (red and blue), you see your avatar here so now you know who you are :)
    - lot of bugfix for more stability

Day 6 (11 december)

10 072 views of this post
    1300 accounts created !
    1350 fights

New update :)

For the last time, you will have something to do to keep using your account. After it will be automatic.
    You can update from the link on this thread.

Once updated, open the game and click "transfer my account..."
    In the new page, in the "Second step", type your old nickname as password and it will work :)

Sorry for this process, I developped a solution so the next time you will not have to do it again.

Here is the changelog :

-bug fixed (but not all, sorry, and thank you for your reports!)
    -some countries added to the list
    -credits are updated automatically after a challenge and displayed on the phone
    -I'm curious to know how it work on BIG screens, I worked on the compatibility for tablets

-more notifications availables : I can send you notifications for votes. So I can ask you a question and by clicking "yes" or "no" I can see the trend of the community.
    You will have notifications also for updates and a direct link to download.

- contacts : you can find friends easier, look for new peoples, most active peoples... and for each of them you have : their number of fights and the last time they played.
    So you will not challenge anymore a guy who created an account just for 10 minutes.

-we created more battlefield. they will be available tomorow and you will not have to do anything to see them.

-I'm still working on artificial intelligence and a lot of stuff so... be patient. The work is not over !

I read every reply of this thread, I glad you like it :)

Day 29 (4 january)

19 550 view of this post
    2550 accounts created :)

And, yesterday the game has been stolen :(
    A thief, took the apk, replaced the signature (this is actualy not too hard), and put the game on the market under his name, as a paid app !

I had to desactivate the actual version because of that. In the actual version, you will have a notification saying that you have to update. You can't create nor answer a fight, and can't add contact anymore.

In uploaded a new version on my server (0.9.4), it's registered on the google market, but not visible. So this guy will not be able to steal a second time the apk.

To avoid misunderstanding, the actual name (iron soldiers) will be replaced for the official launch.

Anyway, the version 0.9.4 does correct a lot a bugs and I hope it will work better on your phones :)

Thank you everybody :)
    Actually I would like to improve the artificial intelligence part.

I want to do something more graphic, step by step, and easy.
    I have an idea... I should do it this week :)

Guys, how would you see it ?