How to Backup EFS for SCH-I605?

Search This thread

JABOnline

Mar 27, 2014
Before messing around any more and getting myself in trouble I thought it would be good to backup the EFS.

The only thing is I only see references on backing it up for the N7000/7001. Will the EFS Pro Backup or Samsung EFS Backup programs work for the Verizon version?

Thanks

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
Before messing around any more and getting myself in trouble I thought it would be good to backup the EFS.

The only thing is I only see references on backing it up for the N7000/7001. Will the EFS Pro Backup or Samsung EFS Backup programs work for the Verizon version?

Thanks

Not sure about those app s but TWRP had the option in recovery;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

JABOnline

Mar 27, 2014
Not sure about those app s but TWRP had the option in recovery;)

Sorry, probably should have given you more information.

Anyways I'm new to the Note 2 and bought a used one that was already updated to 4.3 and therefore can't install TWRP onto it.

I did already get it rooted and figured out how to get into the hidden menus. So before messing with those, which from reading the settings in the hidden menus are stored in the EFS. So I wanted to make a backup in case as from what I am reading that EFS is where everything specific to your IMEI and such is stored, so you really don't want to mess it up.

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
Sorry, probably should have given you more information.

Anyways I'm new to the Note 2 and bought a used one that was already updated to 4.3 and therefore can't install TWRP onto it.

I did already get it rooted and figured out how to get into the hidden menus. So before messing with those, which from reading the settings in the hidden menus are stored in the EFS. So I wanted to make a backup in case as from what I am reading that EFS is where everything specific to your IMEI and such is stored, so you really don't want to mess it up.

Ah..ok well my suggestion to you is don't mess with them.. There is safe strap option now available..not sure if he has got restoring options working in TWRP but you might want to pop in on that thread and see..therfore you'll be able to back up and if you do change something you won't have to re flash via odin ;)

JABOnline

Mar 27, 2014
Ah..ok well my suggestion to you is don't mess with them.. There is safe strap option now available..not sure if he has got restoring options working in TWRP but you might want to pop in on that thread and see..therfore you'll be able to back up and if you do change something you won't have to re flash via odin ;)

Ya, mainly I just wanted the ability to turn on or off 4G service. If I am up in the mountains and know I won't have 4G service then I can turn it off to save battery life.

I did find the option under CDMA->COMMON->Band Pref->CDMA Only. To bad I have to restart to set it though as my previous phone the Droid RAZR Maxx could change it on the fly.

I did find one other good setting and that is to turn off WIFI sleep. I wondered why it kept disconnecting from my WIFI if I left it off for awhile. I use llama to turn off my pattern lock when connected to my home WIFI and I was wondering why it kept re-enabling on me at home. I truly hate that it is defaulted on most WIFI cards, even on a PC it generally is defaulted to be able to sleep.

JABOnline

Mar 27, 2014
Figured it out myself, but in case anyone else has my same situation of having a locked bootloader with 4.3 OTA with root access and want to backup all the important data, including EFS/RADIO/TOMBSTONES/ETC.

Then use the Tool EFS Professional from this thread: CLICK ME

I had to update my BusyBox to 1.22.1 as I tried both 1.20.2 and 1.21.1 (this was installed when root access was done). In the older versions it was failing at creating the archive at the end after copying the data.