Droid Razr M xt907 Kitkat Update Failed

Search This thread

shadowwolfsl

Mar 22, 2014
I'm using a droid razr m xt907 by verizon. Yesterday an update was released for 4.4.2 kitkat, my phone is still rooted and i can't find the safest way to unroot it so i can get the update. Does anyone know the best way to unroot and make sure everything's normal again so that the 4.4 update will work this time? It stops at around 25% into the update. Thanks for any help.

Edit: I've tried a factory restore, i unrooted completely. My kernell is normal, my stock recovery is normal. The update just isn't working, and i don't know the best way to fix it. My bootloader is locked, so there was never any custom recovery or ROM's installed.

Last edited:

mikegt11

Dec 20, 2011
Washington DC
I'm having the same problem. I unrooted before the update but still not working. The update get's to about 25% of install then fails. I've tried about 4 or 5 times today. Factory rest and uninstalling root didn't help either

shadowwolfsl

Mar 22, 2014
I'm having the same problem. I unrooted before the update but still not working. The update get's to about 25% of install then fails. I've tried about 4 or 5 times today. Factory rest and uninstalling root didn't help either

Exactly, i can't figure out what i'm supposed to do. Ive tried about that many times, and i've tried factory restoring, i've wiped the cache, etc.

shadowwolfsl

Mar 22, 2014
Factory reset.
RSD to stock 4.1.2 in case some system app is missing.
Skip setup.
Try the update again.

Or just RSD to the new version.

Those would be my next steps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

do you know any good tutorials for how to use rsd for this? cuz i want to just rsd to the new version if you can help me find the files to do that, i have rsd lite already.

supercahyo

Feb 1, 2010
help

do you know any good tutorials for how to use rsd for this? cuz i want to just rsd to the new version if you can help me find the files to do that, i have rsd lite already.

i got same problem. after download 446 mb update. try to instal. work about for 30 percent then suddenly restart and says that update failed
my device is rooted. then i remove root from the SU menu and keep failed to update

what should i do?

shromy

Apr 8, 2013
i got same problem. after download 446 mb update. try to instal. work about for 30 percent then suddenly restart and says that update failed
my device is rooted. then i remove root from the SU menu and keep failed to update

what should i do?

Personally i just modified the .xml file and loaded it via RSDLite.

ljs247

Mar 21, 2014
Carson
Im mid process but heres the only answer ive found....

THERE IS HOPE HERE LOLZ

If ya all do let me know how the full strip and downgrade went....
If u find another way pls share info w me as well...

Lj-
Sorry all being a new user they would not let me post a link so I cut it up.......Still would not le5 me send it but u can email me directly and I'll gladly send u a direct copy or look on andromods the answer is there

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

what should i do?

Step by step on andromods...and how to reroot there as well

Lj-
Sorry won't let me post links yet....

Steve977

Apr 17, 2013
Bandung
It just won't work !

I'm using a droid razr m xt907 by verizon. Yesterday an update was released for 4.4.2 kitkat, my phone is still rooted and i can't find the safest way to unroot it so i can get the update. Does anyone know the best way to unroot and make sure everything's normal again so that the 4.4 update will work this time? It stops at around 25% into the update. Thanks for any help.

Edit: I've tried a factory restore, i unrooted completely. My kernell is normal, my stock recovery is normal. The update just isn't working, and i don't know the best way to fix it. My bootloader is locked, so there was never any custom recovery or ROM's installed.

I also had a Razr M. i unroot it by SuperSU, but it won't update properly, same like others, 25%, then fail.

galestz

May 28, 2014
because you have not modified the xml file after decompressing the entire zip.

I have found the solution, you have to edit the XML file that is in the ROM. and delete the lines containing the words ("oem" and "var"). then you put the phone in fastboot mode and use the rom with the modified file will have only about 18 steps then when the last file billboards will ask you turn on the phone manually and status, restart your phone and enter mode fastboot again and finished well. NOTE: remember to put the usb debugging before starting everything. everything you do will be at your own risk, but so what I Realize, and it worked and I have my razr m with kitkat and before I could not for the same reason of the root. thank you all :) :D

Adriantech

Jun 2, 2014
Santo Domingo

:victory::victory::victory::victory::victory:

I can resolve if u want reply me

Steve977

Apr 17, 2013
Bandung
Does it work while it is Rooted ?

I have found the solution, you have to edit the XML file that is in the ROM. and delete the lines containing the words ("oem" and "var"). then you put the phone in fastboot mode and use the rom with the modified file will have only about 18 steps then when the last file billboards will ask you turn on the phone manually and status, restart your phone and enter mode fastboot again and finished well. NOTE: remember to put the usb debugging before starting everything. everything you do will be at your own risk, but so what I Realize, and it worked and I have my razr m with kitkat and before I could not for the same reason of the root. thank you all :) :D

I'm sorry, but dows it work while my phone is rooted ? before i noticed your solution, i had to delete all root apps and SuperSU (along with the root) to update it. And Failed.

djdrews4357

Jun 24, 2014
Samsung Galaxy A71 5G
im getting phone returned fail y

Top Liked Posts