Android : Apps not connecting via Wifi

Search This thread

Unamrakerag

May 29, 2011
Mumbai
Hi All,

I am a first time Android user (Galaxy S II),switched over from Symbian.

The apps on my phone which require data connection such as Gtalk, Gmail , Android Market, etc are not able to connect via Wifi.
But the stock phone browser works fine on wifi, no problems over there,I am able to surf the web. But when it comes to apps, they do not connect/sync over wifi.

If I disable wifi and use GPRS, apps connect to the internet, and sync in the background. But as soon as I enable wifi apps stop syncing / connectingot he internet.

GPRS plans are expensive and slow compared to my wifi. I want to use wifi to connect the apps also.
How do I do that, is there a setting which I need to enable.

I have to use a proxy server to connect to the wifi netwok, is that the reason the apps are not working. If yes, what is the solution, please help ??????

saintmagician

Jul 17, 2011
I have to use a proxy server to connect to the wifi netwok, is that the reason the apps are not working. If yes, what is the solution, please help ??????

This *could* very plausibly be the problem.

I know on iPhones, our university's network requires proxy settings. You put in proxy settings centrally, but only some software like safari will work. Most apps jus don't realize they need to go through the proxy.

I'd imagine it'd be more or less the same for android apps.

Shiva krishna

Nov 19, 2014
Wifi problem

Hi All,

I am a first time Android user (Galaxy S II),switched over from Symbian.

The apps on my phone which require data connection such as Gtalk, Gmail , Android Market, etc are not able to connect via Wifi.
But the stock phone browser works fine on wifi, no problems over there,I am able to surf the web. But when it comes to apps, they do not connect/sync over wifi.

If I disable wifi and use GPRS, apps connect to the internet, and sync in the background. But as soon as I enable wifi apps stop syncing / connectingot he internet.

GPRS plans are expensive and slow compared to my wifi. I want to use wifi to connect the apps also.
How do I do that, is there a setting which I need to enable.

I have to use a proxy server to connect to the wifi netwok, is that the reason the apps are not working. If yes, what is the solution, please ..Me also facing the same problem....