Firmware Europe Netherlands N9005XXUEND3

Search This thread

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Last edited:
You can assume that upgrades are supposed to make things better so i`d upgrade if i we`re you, its mostly user settings and apps that destroy batterylife ;)

That's what they said about KitKat, yet it introduced the Android OS, Android Kernel and Mediaserver battery drains... And the new SD permissions that is a nightmare for anyone without Root.... And a bootloader that made it impossible to roll back.
That's what they said about the S3 update last year that caused te device to freeze over 50 times a day (the SDSfix caused it).
That's what they said about several updates that were recalled because of fatal errors...

So pardon our reluctance to trust in that principle. ;)

Reactions: antique_sonic

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
That's what they said about KitKat, yet it introduced the Android OS, Android Kernel and Mediaserver battery drains... And the new SD permissions that is a nightmare for anyone without Root.... And a bootloader that made it impossible to roll back.
That's what they said about the S3 update last year that caused te device to freeze over 50 times a day (the SDSfix caused it).
That's what they said about several updates that were recalled because of fatal errors...

So pardon our reluctance to trust in that principle. ;)

Strange: I've NO battery-drains at all, even with Gear 2 connected and 25 notifications active! My battery-usage is between 0,5-1,5%/hr!

SD-permissions is NOT the fault of Samsung: you'll have to blame Google about that!
Developers of apps were in-time informed about this change, but if they don't update their apps!

Reactions: stoney73
Strange: I've NO battery-drains at all, even with Gear 2 connected and 25 notifications active! My battery-usage is between 0,5-1,5%/hr!

SD-permissions is NOT the fault of Samsung: you'll have to blame Google about that!
Developers of apps were in-time informed about this change, but if they don't update their apps!

That wasn't the point. They were introduced with the updates, regardless of who caused them.

I don't have the drain issues either, but there are more than enough people here who do to warrant it an issue. Idle mine drains 1% in 10 hours. (Also, what is the point of 25 notifications? You can't see past 8 without scrolling a massive way down... And they don't fit in the small bar, either... :p)

I know it was Google's doing. I have about 35 posts telling people exactly that. I never said it was Samsung's fault.

Most app devs are simply too lazy. (Particularly the ones in this country.. Have you seen the RTLnieuws app? Good grief... And the Skyradio app is a direct iOS port that can't even run in the background..) Take OfficeSuite. one of the largest, most popular and most expensive Office apps... And still no updates permission. They're blatantly ignoring it!

Reactions: antique_sonic

Top Liked Posts