Help me with my rom pls!!!!!

Search This thread

thecoolster

Feb 10, 2014
Johannesburg
well this is a development issue ...

my frnd and i made this rom by porting cm 10 and x rom{awesome rom check it out }

so wen i tried to flash it something went wrong ...

it said installation aborted ... something about it being a bad file !!!!

i changes some stuff in the updater script !!!

check it out pls......

only for testing .... i am not responsible for bricked devices ......or if anything else happens

pls help me and test this rom and then tell me if it works and if it does not.... Then tell the problem...

Still a noob...

thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B44hh95qQ6iYVEtDQnc5akRLekE/edit?usp=sharing

check this link for downloading........]

My device is xolo q700i

Sorry pls ignore this I accidently made a extra thread pls check the other one and pls help......

Sent from my xolo q700i using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Hi,
Can you give some more details
Did you build from source?
Port it from another devices?
Simply unzip a ROM for your device, make changes and rezip?
When you flashed the ROM was it a status7 error?
You say you made changes in the updatet-script, what were the changes?
The more details you give the better answers you will get

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

A

androvista

Hi,
Can you give some more details
Did you build from source?
Port it from another devices?
Simply unzip a ROM for your device, make changes and rezip?
When you flashed the ROM was it a status7 error?
You say you made changes in the updatet-script, what were the changes?
The more details you give the better answers you will get

He did it porting the old way. It was the status 7 error

BTW coolster I m back only to help you

Sent from my A114 using XDA Free mobile app

thecoolster

Feb 10, 2014
Johannesburg
Dude I took my base rom as the standard custom rom for xolo q700i- the x rom and I ported it with the galaxy Quattro stable cm... it had almost the same specifications........ I had updated the updated script of x rom by cm rom but then I used original updater script of x rom... This guide I took was from YouTube on porting and he was from XDA.....

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
So you took a ROM from a similar device, replaced some files, apks and libs, then changed some things in the updater-script and rezipped and signed?
Is this about right?
If so you will need to be a bit more specific about what you changed in order to help you fix your issue, again, the more specific the better your help otherwise I and others helping can only give the best guess on what to do

thecoolster

Feb 10, 2014
Johannesburg
Dude the guide i saw told us to just take files from the port and put it into base ...... i had seen another guide and had replaced the meta inf file but then wen i flashed it said something about
It being a bad file so i replaced the new meta inf file with the original meta inf file but i dont know now what will happen shuld i flash it .......(u can ignore this) i also had a question dat when u rezip with winrar should the zip file be normal or best mode .........it asks .........when we archive it .....(u can ignore this)
Sent from my xolo q700i using XDA Free mobile app

thecoolster

Feb 10, 2014
Johannesburg
So you took a ROM from a similar device, replaced some files, apks and libs, then changed some things in the updater-script and rezipped and signed?
Is this about right?
If so you will need to be a bit more specific about what you changed in order to help you fix your issue, again, the more specific the better your help otherwise I and others helping can only give the best guess on what to do

so dude yes it is the status 7 error regarding the build.prop ....... so i need help to edit my updater script so should i use the updater script of the base rom .........or do some major editing ...

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Thanks for supplying more information, now I have a better idea of how to help.
You should use the update-binary for your device, not the one ported,
All editing of the updater-script will need to be done in UNIX format, not windows as EOL differs, if your using windows be sure to use notepad++ and set it up properly,
I use 7zip normally not winrar but it shouldn't matter, you need to have compression set to store,
It has been years since I have tried to make a ROM in this fashion but I don't think much would have changed, the point your at now is to get it to flash (not get the ROM to work) this means you need to fix the status 7 error, which will be done by fixing your updater-script
If you want, post a copy of the meta-inf folder for your device and the one you are porting from an I can help further

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: thecoolster

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Take a meta-inf for your device and replace the updater-script from the other one and swap it. Then you'll more than likely need to edit it to flash on yours

thecoolster

Feb 10, 2014
Johannesburg
Sorry I didn't understand anything.... I just swapped the cm 11 meta inf file with the original meta inf file.....

Last edited:

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Well you can't do this, you need to have the update-binary for your device specifically and you need to edit the updater-script to work with yours as well.
So keep meta-inf specific for your device, and only swap updater-scripts, then you need to edit this updater-script to match the partitions of yours as well as make sure there aren't any get_props that conflict.
I highly suggest reading up on updater-scripts so you understand the changes that need to be made

Reactions: thecoolster

Vivek_Neel

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Dec 23, 2012
Chennai
Sorry I didn't understand anything.... I just swapped the cm 11 meta inf file with the original meta inf file.....
@demkantor has guided you very well.
U should take advantage of it.:)

I repeat once again.
get the update-binary from any other ROM specifically made for your device.
Then modify the existing updater-script.
Make sure Mount points are correct.

That's it.

USE NOTEPAD++ else surely if you would get status error.

Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @demkantor has guided you very well.
    U should take advantage of it.:)

I repeat once again.
    get the update-binary from any other ROM specifically made for your device.
    Then modify the existing updater-script.
    Make sure Mount points are correct.

That's it.

USE NOTEPAD++ else surely if you would get status error.

Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
    Thanks for supplying more information, now I have a better idea of how to help.
    You should use the update-binary for your device, not the one ported,
    All editing of the updater-script will need to be done in UNIX format, not windows as EOL differs, if your using windows be sure to use notepad++ and set it up properly,
    I use 7zip normally not winrar but it shouldn't matter, you need to have compression set to store,
    It has been years since I have tried to make a ROM in this fashion but I don't think much would have changed, the point your at now is to get it to flash (not get the ROM to work) this means you need to fix the status 7 error, which will be done by fixing your updater-script
    If you want, post a copy of the meta-inf folder for your device and the one you are porting from an I can help further

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Well you can't do this, you need to have the update-binary for your device specifically and you need to edit the updater-script to work with yours as well.
    So keep meta-inf specific for your device, and only swap updater-scripts, then you need to edit this updater-script to match the partitions of yours as well as make sure there aren't any get_props that conflict.
    I highly suggest reading up on updater-scripts so you understand the changes that need to be made