Empty status bar

Search This thread

habitformer

Mar 23, 2012
daytona beach
Is there any way to have a 100% empty status bar,no signal bars of any kind?I am looking for a way do it.I can't seem to kind a way with using immersive mode,which I don't want.I looked for a xposed module and didn't find any.Thanks in advance.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Is there any way to have a 100% empty status bar,no signal bars of any kind?I am looking for a way do it.I can't seem to kind a way with using immersive mode,which I don't want.I looked for a xposed module and didn't find any.Thanks in advance.

Just to be clear, why would you rather have a status bar with no status icons instead of simply no status bar at all?

habitformer

Mar 23, 2012
daytona beach
Just to be clear, why would you rather have a status bar with no status icons instead of simply no status bar at all?

Personal preference. I want a change.I like immersive mode with pie.It's just not what I want to be honest.I would like it empty and to use a widget to relay the info that would show up.(I.e WiFi signal carrier signal clock )

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Personal preference. I want a change.I like immersive mode with pie.It's just not what I want to be honest.I would like it empty and to use a widget to relay the info that would show up.(I.e WiFi signal carrier signal clock )

Sorry, I get the "clean look" idea. I just don't understand what the difference is to you to have a clean status bar vs no status bar... I don't see why you would want the former not the latter. Or would completely hiding the status bar be an option too?

habitformer

Mar 23, 2012
daytona beach
Sorry, I get the "clean look" idea. I just don't understand what the difference is to you to have a clean status bar vs no status bar... I don't see why you would want the former not the latter. Or would completely hiding the status bar be an option too?

I would "hide it".I've never really been a widget person,so I'd like to try something new and use a widget to give me all the info normally displayed in the status bar,but I don't want to use something that takes away the keys I added and colored. Any thoughts?

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
I would "hide it".I've never really been a widget person,so I'd like to try something new and use a widget to give me all the info normally displayed in the status bar,but I don't want to use something that takes away the keys I added and colored. Any thoughts?

Widget is only good if you're in the launcher. What about in apps? Some custom laucnhers can hide status bar when you're in launcher (homescreen etc) but then not when in apps. How would that suit?

Reactions: habitformer

habitformer

Mar 23, 2012
daytona beach
Widget is only good if you're iniconslauncher. What about in apps? Some custom laucnhers can hide status bar when you're in launcher (homescreen etc) but then not when in apps. How would that suit?

I'm one of the small niche groups that actually really G.N.L.I like the functionality of swiping to my left for my cards.I think I had a ROM on my gnex that I was able to hide icons than make status bar transparent.I'll check out a few custom ROMs and see what I can come up with.If not I'll make my own build to suit my needs.won't be the 1st time...thanks for the feed back I was just looking for the cheap way out.

Lokke9191

Nov 20, 2013
Glenview, IL

Use the xposed module gravity box. And use the display setting called immersive status bar. It'll hide the status bar while keeping your navigation bar. You can keep your colored nav keys, not see the status bar, and you won't have to use pie. If I'm not misunderstanding, that's what you want?

Reactions: habitformer

habitformer

Mar 23, 2012
daytona beach
Use the xposed module gravity box. And use the display setting called immersive status bar. It'll hide the status bar while keeping your navigation bar. You can keep your colored nav keys, not see the status bar, and you won't have to use pie. If I'm not misunderstanding, that's what you want?

Thanks buddy,apparently I missed that set of options in G.B.That's what I was looking for.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Widget is only good if you're in the launcher. What about in apps? Some custom laucnhers can hide status bar when you're in launcher (homescreen etc) but then not when in apps. How would that suit?