[Q] Strange video playback issue

Search This thread

TFreds

Jan 9, 2014
Please note the biggest and most likely factor is this device I have is factory refurbished.

I currently have the Nexus 7 2013 WiFi 4.4.2 device and I am irritated it took me two months to actually use it for video because my warrenty and return ability are now gone. As I have tested multiple times, using several apps, I cannot view any video unless its streamed on my device (I.e. Skype) now an image is attached. What could the issue possibly be?

What I have done so far to test:
Used different apps - YouTube, Google chrome, MX player, native player, es video player
Wiped the device several times
Replaced all images with stock images of 4.3 then went back to 4.4.2 neither worked
Changed any video playback settings I could

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-14-01-25-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-14-01-25-05.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 66

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
Please note the biggest and most likely factor is this device I have is factory refurbished.

I currently have the Nexus 7 2013 WiFi 4.4.2 device and I am irritated it took me two months to actually use it for video because my warrenty and return ability are now gone. As I have tested multiple times, using several apps, I cannot view any video unless its streamed on my device (I.e. Skype) now an image is attached. What could the issue possibly be?

What I have done so far to test:
Used different apps - YouTube, Google chrome, MX player, native player, es video player
Wiped the device several times
Replaced all images with stock images of 4.3 then went back to 4.4.2 neither worked
Changed any video playback settings I could

Update to 4.4.3. Report back if it's still an issue. You have center clock, so that's a custom ROM or Xposed. Either of those could cause the issue. Remove it from the equation.

TFreds

Jan 9, 2014
Bump and update

The issue may be since I got this refurbished, something went wrong with internal codecs, because vary rarely I run into a video I can watch. I'd say 1 in 1000.

This is the video I found, I can't post links yet so replace the periods
Www youtube com/watch?v=5JyvmcoyHdw