Sony Xperia Z Ultra NOT booting if any non-Sony ROM is flashed....

Search This thread

aarmath

Oct 20, 2011
Hola folks!

Thanks for taking time out to go through my post.

I have a Xperia Z Ultra with official Sony Kitkat FW 4.4.2. & it works absolutely fine. So I decide to go the CFW way in the following order:
- Use EasyRootTool v12.1 to root the phone.
- Install Recovery via ZU-lockeddualrecovery2.7.154-BETA.installer
So far so good.
Phone reboots into TWRP Recovery from where I installed (After clearing Dalvik cache et al) Candykat ROM. Note ONLY the ROM was flashed. I did not flash GAPPS or any other package ONLY the ROM & hope the phone would boot up.

This is where it gets bad...

- Phone refuses to boot up
- I see the notification/power/charging light now change color to a blinking Red

Anyways, I use FlashTool.exe (flashtool-0.9.16.1) & resurrect the phone, flashing a factory build FTF file (God bless them souls who created it!).

This time I do the whole process again & try CandyKat ROM. Same friggin problem!!! Am I doing something that is not correct? Am I supposed to unlock the bootloader? I checked the forums & everyone seems to be having a good time flashing them ROMs. What gives?

Any suggestions/recommendations are ever welcome.

Warm regards,
Aaron

*EDIT*
My phone is a C6802 model.

Last edited:

maxld

Mar 21, 2009
Łódź
Flash non-Sony ROM, then unpack boot.img from the rom you have flashed, and flash it manually via fastboot or flashtool. I think that your phone is not booting because of wrong kernel.

Oh, and btw. This thread has nothing to do with development section, it should go to Q&A.

Last edited:

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
Yes you need to unlock bootloader before flashing non stock based roms. Be sure to back up your TA partition before you unlock.

Reactions: maxld

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes you need to unlock bootloader before flashing non stock based roms. Be sure to back up your TA partition before you unlock.