How should the perfect Vehicle Dock for Note II look like? From iBOLT...

Which type of microUSB charging connection should the new Car Dock have?

• Fixed microUSB position (does not work with cases)

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Flexible microUSB "arm" (works with all cases)

Votes: 23 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

MikaelPe

Jun 8, 2012
Stony Brook
Updated driving video posted

All, here's a new video that we just posted. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k97vG2Fjvkg This is showing how the default Samsung Dock application interacts with our car-dock. Since Samsung have dropped support for the dedicated car-mode we are switching and using the "SmartDock mode" (as Samsung calls it) instead. Essentially the same but the default screen works differently. Feel free to post questions or comments and I'll try to answer... The video will be updated in a few days with additional information. We will update on shipping and availability by tomorrow Saturday.

farfromovin

Aug 15, 2011
Oxnard, CA
Cool, so while in Smart Dock Mode we can use any 5 apps that we configure with audio out of the 3.5mm if I understodd that video right? Should be great!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

rph10319

Feb 8, 2009
Hello Mikael. I need the tracking number for my order. I hope i will recieve soon as you send the dock. Thanks

Last edited:

ntron1

Apr 11, 2009
Amazon USA now shows a release date of January 31, 2013. Disappointing if it is correct.

MikaelPe

Jun 8, 2012
Stony Brook
Message from iBolt on Amazon.

Cool, so while in Smart Dock Mode we can use any 5 apps that we configure with audio out of the 3.5mm if I understodd that video right? Should be great!

Yes, as the video shows the Samsung "Smartdock" mode allows for five apps to be placed at the bottom in addition to the mandatory alarm clock on the left. This works exactly the same on Note II and Samsung S 3, both US and International versions of the firmware. The "Dock mode" now becomes your new "home screen" so when pressing the home button it goes back to this screen. You can also expect to see more advanced "car-home" styled apps on Google Play that are compatible with our Docks, we expect them to show up by February the latest. I'll notify this thread when our developer friends have posted something.

finalhit

Jan 12, 2009
Please confirm the January 31 shipping date...that would be disappointing.

swyped all these spelling errors from my galaxy note 2

Tomo1971

Apr 21, 2012
Fife
@MikaelPe.... How is the best way to buy the dock and the AMPS adaptor for UK delivery. I have an account on Amazon but its the UK site.

Many thanks

GNex_vik

Dec 10, 2011
T DOT
Canadian pre-order options

+1...as I'd really like to purchase this mount in Canada/on Amazon.ca. Please don't forget about us Canucks up in the Great White North! Many carriers up here have the Note 2, and there are NO vehicle docks of this quality available (I wasted 3 hours going from store to store to store today :()

no Canadian link yet :(?

It is available for pre order in Canada on

Androidcentral > shopandroid - 39.95+shipping

Blueshop.ca - 44.95 (Free shipping)

Tomo1971

Apr 21, 2012
Fife
The offer is on the www.Amazon.de site but we ship to UK. You can also send an email directly to matthias@ibolt.co for any European sale. Feel free to cc me on info@ibolt.co. Thanks!

http://store.androidcommunity.com/ibolt-xprodock-for-samsung/3A78A13400.htm Can only find the Dock, not the Amps plate but DO ship to UK.

http://www.amazon.com/iBOLT-xProDock-Kit-for-Samsung/dp/B00AOCSFYC Dock and Amps plate are there, but DONT ship to UK

http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-xProDo...r_1_11?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1357466559&sr=1-11 Only the dock is there, NO amps plate.

As I asked, where can I get the dock AND the amps plate that ships to the UK please?

Last edited:

finalhit

Jan 12, 2009
Amazon is showing Monday the 7th for me but I preordered before xmas...

So did I.have you checked lately? Because it used to be that, but it's different now.

Edit: although looking at my preorder, is still says January 7...So hopefully that's true.

They did say they were going to enable prime before it ships, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen.

Edit 2:

i found a response from their youtube video:

Just go to Amazon.com or .de if you are in Europe. Type in "xProDock" and you should find it immediately. Right now we have this scheduled for shipping end of January with the aux-out cable. Without this 9ft cable we can ship much quicker (we'll send the cable later in a separate package).

i personally don't really plan on using their cable (too long, and i have a bluetooth setup going). So is this something we can opt-in for my order?

Last edited:

farfromovin

Aug 15, 2011
Oxnard, CA
So did I.have you checked lately? Because it used to be that, but it's different now.

Edit: although looking at my preorder, is still says January 7...So hopefully that's true.

They did say they were going to enable prime before it ships, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen.

Edit 2:

i found a response from their youtube video:

i personally don't really plan on using their cable (too long, and i have a bluetooth setup going). So is this something we can opt-in for my order?

I just hope that early pre-orders made the cut for shipping Monday with the cable. Guess we'll know soon enough.

ntron1

Apr 11, 2009
So it appears that these will be shipping sometime between January 7, 2013 and some date in the distant future. Just have to wait for a shipping notice from Amazon.

Tomo1971

Apr 21, 2012
Fife
I have ordered from amazon.de.

Quite an ordeal TBH, would of preferred to be ordering from amazon.co.uk, I hope I aint messed up in the translation of the page!

finalhit

Jan 12, 2009
My order just went to "shipping soon"...

No amazon prime though =(
I hope it gets shipped from Amazon warehouse in ca.

Last edited:

ntron1

Apr 11, 2009
Don't get too excited, mine has said "Shipping Soon" for 17 days....but does still have an estimated shipping date of today. I am not holding my breath.

Travyevo

Jul 1, 2010
Apparently it's the 31st.

That's going to be hurtful on thier Amazon account as it will probably show up as a bunch of cancelled orders. I believe most orders auto chancel at 30 days so a lot of us will have to reorder next week (assuming you pre-ordered on Dec. 15)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, we at iBOLT (www.ibolt.co) are working on a "real" car dock for the Note II. As we are finalizing the details it would be great to have feedback and input from this knowledgeable user community. Here's some of the questions where it would be great to have some feedback on: which type of microUSB charging is optimal (fixed position or flexible so it works with cases), car mode (good or not?), wireless charging (does anyone care?), aux-out through microUSB with 9ft cord (too long?). Well, sound off and let us know and we'll read every comment:) Thanks!
    I'm afraid that video confirms to me that you haven't managed to create a dock with one handed operation - you have to use 2 hands tu plug the usb cable in!

There seem to be a lot of one-arm persons in this thread. Don't see what's the big deal of using 2 hands to plug in a cable.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
    nice, i was hoping you guys would make one for the note ii.

please have a stiff-necked cup holder version. i find them much more stable and secure. i personally have a mini cooper, and the cup holders are right in front of the console. the usb cable/aux are right behind them, so it's perfect. 9ft is definitely too long, and would just clutter up the car.

as per the connection, consider the samsung infuse route...where it snaps into the bottom of the phone. wireless charging is nice, but i wouldn't pay more than +20 bux for it.

speaking of which, please do portrait mode, not landscape. portrait is way better for navigation.

last and the least, consider changing your company name.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
    So being ever curious I wanted to see the mechanism that they designed this with so I popped it apart. If you want to do this also just slide the bottom mounting points upward off the main back that houses the spring loaded top clamp, Once you get that off remove the four screws and you can open the main housing up which is pretty simple really...

While I had it apart I played around with stretching the springs out a bit to loosen things up since I knew I could replace them after seeing them. I started by just removing one spring but that was to loose so I then hyper stretched just one to see how that changed things up but it was still a bit tight... So I finally stretched the other to around the same amount and reassembled and I like the feel much better... The mount still flexes just a bit under the pressure but not near as much as it did before to the extent of causing the ball joint to move.

If you do this be careful as you can easily over stretch the springs... I stretched mine to the point that they still had light tension when closed all the way. Also, be aware that doing this would probably void any warranty this has.
    xProDock for Galaxy Note II ready soon

All, we are overwhelmed here at iBOLT by the level of interest for the new car-dock. Today we received the first production units and we are shipping by the end of December. We will post images and spec by Monday and also a link to where to purchase. It works with all cases and extended batteries. Stay tuned and thank you all for excellent comments and great discussions!