[Q] Galaxy Light No OS installed!

Search This thread

noggin9797

Apr 25, 2014
I am pretty new to this whole rooting process and stuff like that, but I rooted my phone and put the TWRP Rom on my phone. It has been running really slow lately, so I did a hard Advanced Wipe from the TWRP menu. I checked all the options in the Advanced Wipe area. Now when I try to reboot it, it keeps saying that there is No OS installed. And when I reboot it, it just feezes at the Samsung Galaxy screen. How do I install an OS on it? Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

Mufrad

I am pretty new to this whole rooting process and stuff like that, but I rooted my phone and put the TWRP Rom on my phone. It has been running really slow lately, so I did a hard Advanced Wipe from the TWRP menu. I checked all the options in the Advanced Wipe area. Now when I try to reboot it, it keeps saying that there is No OS installed. And when I reboot it, it just feezes at the Samsung Galaxy screen. How do I install an OS on it? Thanks in advance...

You formatted your whole device.... Go to sammobile website, download firmware for your device and flash using Odin.

[Galaxy Note 3 - Dr.Ketan's K6 ROM]
[Galaxy Note 2 - DN3 v4 RC2]
[Xperia Neo L - Customized Stock ICS]

gtsip

Mar 29, 2012
Patras

Since you have installed already TWRP, you have nothing to fear. Through TWRP and ADB drivers you can copy a new ROM zip file to your phone and install it.

Last edited:

noggin9797

Apr 25, 2014
Could someone please tell me where I can find a ROM for my Galaxy Light. Sammobile.com doesn't have the firmware for the Light. Thanks...

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Could someone please tell me where I can find a ROM for my Galaxy Light. Sammobile.com doesn't have the firmware for the Light. Thanks...

Doesn't seem like there is much love for your device. I did find someone who had made a nandroid of a fairly stock set up, but you need to switch to CWM recovery to utilize it.

Unzip to /data/media/clockworkmod/backup via adb or you will need to use an external SD card since it won't boot.:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e03mdebntt5ex2y/2014-04-23.02.15.09.zip

This is NOT a rom to be flashed, but a nandroid backup to be restored with CWM.

Thanks goes to http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52170299&postcount=700

noggin9797

Apr 25, 2014
Doesn't seem like there is much love for your device. I did find someone who had made a nandroid of a fairly stock set up, but you need to switch to CWM recovery to utilize it.

Unzip to /data/media/clockworkmod/backup via adb or you will need to use an external SD card since it won't boot.:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e03mdebntt5ex2y/2014-04-23.02.15.09.zip

This is NOT a rom to be flashed, but a nandroid backup to be restored with CWM.

Thanks goes to http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52170299&postcount=700

How do I switch to CWM? I am fairly new to this...

Nomiga217

Feb 8, 2015
I did this too!

I did this too and when I used Odin to flash stock rom it still got stuck at T-Mobile splash screen. To fix this take out battery, put it back in, start it up, and immediately keep pressing the Volue + and - at the sMe time until you get to the android is upgrading screen. I have a question though, after this happened I was no longer able to make any phones calls or connect to 4G, I kept getting a not registered on network error, my imei number and serial number changed, I didn't back up my EFS, and when I try to go into settings>more networks>mobile networks>network operators I get a message saying "error while searching foR networks" someone help me. I rerooted my phone, downloaded an posed module off the play store that allows me to change my imei and I changed it back to original but still no luck. HELP!

diaperfur fox

Feb 13, 2015
Adelanto
I have a twrp back up

I have a twrp back up if you want it. I will have to upload it though.