Wheres the Development??

Search This thread

royredman

Jun 30, 2011
Hi, I really love this tablet lineup alot. I have the tf300t and it has alot of Developer Support. I love this brand specifically because it allows me to type up school related documents when I need to and has an awesome battery life. I wanted to get the TF701, but it seems completely empty on the developer support. Why is this? Is it a crappy tablet? Does no one care about this tablet anymore?

If this isn't a suggested tablet, what is a suggested one that has a keyboard with it?

YayYouFixedIt

Nov 21, 2012
Hi, I really love this tablet lineup alot. I have the tf300t and it has alot of Developer Support. I love this brand specifically because it allows me to type up school related documents when I need to and has an awesome battery life. I wanted to get the TF701, but it seems completely empty on the developer support. Why is this? Is it a crappy tablet? Does no one care about this tablet anymore?

If this isn't a suggested tablet, what is a suggested one that has a keyboard with it?

This tablet is good. It may not be the best but people complain about everything even though ALIENS MADE IT! :eek:
Just look at all the complaints below this thread. They killed it. End of story.
No I dont know really. I think the developement is has been quite good so far. It might not be busy here but that could change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rikodu

royredman

Jun 30, 2011
I'm here. :)

New CROMBi-kk in the works for this weekend hopefully ;)

Hey man, I seriously am so appreciative for all you work man. I used CROMI-X all the time on my tf300t. Your Rom and the AOSP roms motivated me to stay with the tf300t. You have done an awesome job and I appreciate all your time with your ROMS.

I guess I have gotten spoiled with having the opportunity of tasting all the different Roms Available for devices like the the Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S4 and the TF300t.

I was just curious if the lack of developers on this tablet made me think there was a serious issue with the tablet.

Now doing some research, even the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet doesn't have much developer support either even after being so popular.

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Hey man, I seriously am so appreciative for all you work man. I used CROMI-X all the time on my tf300t. Your Rom and the AOSP roms motivated me to stay with the tf300t. You have done an awesome job and I appreciate all your time with your ROMS.

I guess I have gotten spoiled with having the opportunity of tasting all the different Roms Available for devices like the the Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S4 and the TF300t.

I was just curious if the lack of developers on this tablet made me think there was a serious issue with the tablet.

Now doing some research, even the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet doesn't have much developer support either even after being so popular.

And that's exactly it: The TF701 and the Z2 may just be so good on stock that there is very little demand for development. Any market is ruled by demand and supply - even free one's [emoji189]

blickley

Jul 27, 2011
And that's exactly it: The TF701 and the Z2 may just be so good on stock that there is very little demand for development. Any market is ruled by demand and supply - even free one's [emoji189]

I agree, that TF701 performs pretty darn well with the stock rom. While the TF700 begged for custom roms (to solve issues like the need to turn off FSYNC), it took me a lot longer to unlock the device and install the customized sbdags version. His version is awesome, but I agree that the need is not as apparent as it was on previous devices, presumably because the hardware is better.

That being said, it also seems like the user base for the TF701 is not quite there either....

YayYouFixedIt

Nov 21, 2012
I wonder if it might be also because the tegra 3 has been around since the tf300? along with the nexus 7. So they had something to work from. I dont know if that has anything to do with it though.

YayYouFixedIt

Nov 21, 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: Rikodu
Yes I was wondering if we could get that color adjustment tool(splendid?) to work as well.
Theres sbdags App installer remover as well. Cant recall what apps could be installed and working for cm.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2650721

Sbdags is a God, there is no question about it. His efforts and those of the other developers are the reasons Android is so great. :)

I wonder if the custom rooms have this feature present in the stock Rom where I could just bring up floating apps by just clicking the button on the left.

P.S. Don't know why the attached screenshot is blurry. It is clear when viewed through the gallery.

9ararapa.jpg

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: sbdags

badwiring

Dec 16, 2013
There have been PAC nighties for a while. I just came across them by checking their site. Don't know why there's no thread. It's pretty good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm here. :)

New CROMBi-kk in the works for this weekend hopefully ;)

This tablet is good. It may not be the best but people complain about everything even though ALIENS MADE IT! :eek:
    Just look at all the complaints below this thread. They killed it. End of story.
    No I dont know really. I think the developement is has been quite good so far. It might not be busy here but that could change.
    Stock when rooted is just so good, for me at least. I would hate to lose the productivity apps built into the stock Rom if I change it.

Yes I was wondering if we could get that color adjustment tool(splendid?) to work as well.
    Theres sbdags App installer remover as well. Cant recall what apps could be installed and working for cm.

Sbdags is a God, there is no question about it. His efforts and those of the other developers are the reasons Android is so great. :)

I wonder if the custom rooms have this feature present in the stock Rom where I could just bring up floating apps by just clicking the button on the left.

P.S. Don't know why the attached screenshot is blurry. It is clear when viewed through the gallery.

9ararapa.jpg