[ROM][Unofficial][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Droid Incredible [6/04/12]

Search This thread

roxylove

Jan 26, 2011
westerville, oh
Wow - rom runs very smooth. I love it.

Other than the panorama/video, this thing is literally perfect. Well there is ONE more thing...

Is there anyway to get the weather on the lockscreen like in AOKP or Abduction?

downset00

Sep 11, 2010
Waynesboro
Has anyone tried a different kernel with this rom? Was wondering if flash would still work or not.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

Konshu

Aug 17, 2009
Phoenix
Not getting any sound on incoming phone calls. phone vibrates only no ringtone

I have normal incoming call functionality, defaults to CM ringtone. are you using a1 or a2?

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Wow - rom runs very smooth. I love it.

Other than the panorama/video, this thing is literally perfect. Well there is ONE more thing...

Is there anyway to get the weather on the lockscreen like in AOKP or Abduction?

Not sure if it will be implemented but your more than welcome to suggest it in the feature request section. The primary objective is to get the base CM9 features all working so keep in mind it will be low priority if at all.

downset00

Sep 11, 2010
Waynesboro
Trying to run 3g scripts but keep getting cannot change, out of memory. Same goes for V6 scripts. Anyway to unlock home in memory? I can't find it in settings. Any other way to free memory?

Hero

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 15, 2010
Hidden Hills
Trying to run 3g scripts but keep getting cannot change, out of memory. Same goes for V6 scripts. Anyway to unlock home in memory? I can't find it in settings. Any other way to free memory?

You are probably going to have to open up the ROM (with root explorer or a computer) and disable the script that forced the home in memory. The loopy smoothness tweak may be causing this. Don't know of its in the ROM or not...

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

drk.hd

Feb 27, 2011
Huntsville
www.github.com
I just added build instructions to the second post. Let me know if I made any errors. I also put my changes to the Evervolv device tree on Github, here.

Right now, I'm looking for the cause of the rotation and LED issues.
And to everyone asking to add features: that's not up to me. I'm sticking as strictly as I can to CM9, with the only externals being specifically for the Incredible. If you want certain features, bring it up to the CM team.

So... thanks for all the kind words, they're really encouraging. :)

Last edited:

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
I just added build instructions to the second post. Let me know if I made any errors. I also put my changes to the Evervolv device tree on Github, here.

Right now, I'm looking for the cause of the rotation and LED issues.
And to everyone asking to add features: that's not up to me. I'm sticking as strictly as I can to CM9, with the only externals being specifically for the Incredible. If you want certain features, bring it up to the CM team.

So... thanks for all the kind words, they're really encouraging. :)

No problem, once rotation is fixed I'll be all over this rom.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

nicatronTg

Dec 5, 2010
Aurora
What editor do you recommend for working with Android? Are you just using an all purpose text editor with syntax highlighting (emacs, vim, vi, sublime, etc.) or something more attuned?

drk.hd

Feb 27, 2011
Huntsville
www.github.com

5thAgent

Feb 15, 2010
Lutz, FL
What I don't understand is why is rotation broken on this ROM when it's fully functional in pretty much every other ICS ROM for the Inc on XDA. Can't we just pull some files from AOKP to get the G-sensor working? I want the stability of CM9 with the working G-sensor for AOKP.

Konshu

Aug 17, 2009
Phoenix
What I don't understand is why is rotation broken on this ROM when it's fully functional in pretty much every other ICS ROM for the Inc on XDA. Can't we just pull some files from AOKP to get the G-sensor working? I want the stability of CM9 with the working G-sensor for AOKP.

If you can track down the changes needed and recommend them to the listed repo, or the form that is up, it would be helpful. Collaboration is definitely more effective if more people are working together to the same goal.

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
If you can track down the changes needed and recommend them to the listed repo, or the form that is up, it would be helpful. Collaboration is definitely more effective if more people are working together to the same goal.

From my understanding, the True HWA does something to the rotation and other things.
And these devs are working hard to fix it, so please don't gripe over one feature, it will be added I assure you.

The reason other ics roms have this feature is because they are running hacked Hwa, I believe in one of the abduction roms, namely test builds for true hwa the Rom either froze or rebooted.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible -
Clutch 3.5 - Sense 4.0 Theme

ardax

Jul 22, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I'd be happy with screen brightness working. That screen is eye searing bright at night. :) Had to go back to Evervolv until I see its fixed.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using XDA

mushat3k

Mar 12, 2012
Cleveland
Well the base rom is Evervolv alpha 1, which has rotation working. My guess is its something to do with the cm9 merges.

I haven't tried the second build of this rom yet, is the launcher fixed? I couldn't seem to change any transition settings in trebuchat or whatever its called so I changed to Nova

sent from my incredible

5thAgent

Feb 15, 2010
Lutz, FL

I just dev in my free time. I'm hardly a good dev. I'm not even a dev. I'm a well-versed consumer. I'll try to pinpoint what files are responsible but I think the person in the quote below hit the nail on the head.

From my understanding, the True HWA does something to the rotation and other things.
And these devs are working hard to fix it, so please don't gripe over one feature, it will be added I assure you.

The reason other ics roms have this feature is because they are running hacked Hwa, I believe in one of the abduction roms, namely test builds for true hwa the Rom either froze or rebooted.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible -
Clutch 3.5 - Sense 4.0 Theme

Personally, I feel HWA is overrated on the Inc. Our phones ran just fine without it, and with it there's only a slightly noticeable difference in 3D rendering and some 2D rendering. I'd rather have a ROM without HWA that has just about everything working.

Well the base rom is Evervolv alpha 1, which has rotation working. My guess is its something to do with the cm9 merges.

I haven't tried the second build of this rom yet, is the launcher fixed? I couldn't seem to change any transition settings in trebuchat or whatever its called so I changed to Nova

sent from my incredible

I think withbloodskies is right. I believe that when CM9 is merged, so is HWA. Evervolv ICS (from what I understand) doesn't have HWA for stability. I'm not sure if the HWA can be stripped from this kang of CM9, but we could always look into that option. Also, Trebuchet is still barely customizable, so I'm almost willing to bet whatever option you wanted or didn't work still isn't there or doesn't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This rom is built from CM9 source with device and Hardware trees based on Evervolv's. There are NO other customizations to this rom, just pure AOSP and CM9.

NOTICE:
    ** This CyanogenMod build is highly experimental and unsupported. Many things may be broken. I offer no guarantees as to this working at all on your phone.

What Works
    • Hardware Acceleration
    • Bluetooth, GPS, Wifi
    • LED notification, Rotation, etc.
    • Panorama
    • Barcode scanning
    What Doesn't
    • Camcorder

Instructions
    1. Download the rom and Gapps from below
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Make a backup! Don't blame me if you install this and can't go back.
    4. Wipe data/Factory Reset
    5. Under Mounts/Storage, wipe System
    6. Install the rom
    7. Install Gapps
    8. Reboot
    9. Enjoy

Downloads
    Dev-Host - Build a9
    Mediafire mirror - Build a9
    Gapps
    MD5 for Build a9: 9c0777a3c5462b7de1d16da2664b5e5b

Older releases
    All

NOTICE - HWA is included with the latest KGSL drivers, so the only kernels that work are the stock kernel and others built specifically for the drivers. This includes the latest Incredikernel HWA Beta and mamarley's Beta kernel
    Incredikernel HWA Beta 2 can be found here.
    mamarley's kernel can be found here

What's New
    • New KGSL drivers for smoother HWA
    • Many behind-the-scenes updates for a much smoother experience

Unofficial Changelog
    CM-Nightlies Kang

Credits
    • The CM team for CyanogenMod
    • Evervolv for the device tree, and getting ICS to where it is on the Incredible
    • The Tiamat team for the kernel source and HWA

My Github can be found here.
    I hope you aren't tired of flashing, because I have one more coming your way, and this one is big. The Evervolv team just pushed through some major fixes to the camera HALs just this morning that should enable barcode scanners and panorama mode. Additionally, rywri has just posted a new camera apk with some code that fixes the camera fc when using panorama. Check his thread out here.

What this means for YOU is that I'm (probably) going to put out yet another build today with working barcode scanner and panorama. :D

I've started to experiencing a weird issue with Superuser after upgrading to a7. When prompted, Superuser doesn't remember anything that I've allowed. I had to allow several prompts just to load Titanium Backup. This issues isn't limited to Titanium, but to any app that requires root access. Right now I have Superuser set to automatically allow anything, and I'm not fond of leaving it on that setting. I've tried clearing the cache. They only thing I haven't done is delete Superuser using Titanium (since it's a system app) and then reinstalling it through the market.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA

That's odd, it's working for me. I do know that CM made some changes to su recently to try to fix some bugs...
    New build is up! Get it while it's hot!
    Like the preview release, only kernels built for the new drivers work. This limits you to Incredikernel HWA Beta 2 and mamarley's beta kernel, along with the stock kernel, of course.

Get it here!
    New Build

New build is out! Get it here.

Changes:
    • CM9 updates
    • Evervolv updates
    • General cleanup

I'm done with finals now, so my dev work should be speeding up. The main thing to work on right now is actually the kernel, so we don't have to rely on outside kernels. Then comes getting the needed changes to the qcom libs into CM. Busy busy!
    New build is up! Various updates from upstream. On my end, I simplified the repo download process, so I'll write a new tutorial on building soon.

Get the new build here.