[ROM][4.2.2][Linaro] CarbonRom 1.5 beta » Mar 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

iT0mm0

May 2, 2012
are you choosing a modem suited to your location and carrier ??

i use NELP4 as im on 3 network and live in England and it works perfectly

its no use flashing a Vodafone, Korean modem (if you get what i mean)

Take a look at this thread and read up on modems suited to you
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1131950

IonutP

Jul 13, 2011
London
are you choosing a modem suited to your location and carrier ??

i use NELP4 as im on 3 network and live in England and it works perfectly

its no use flashing a Vodafone, Korean modem (if you get what i mean)

Take a look at this thread and read up on modems suited to you
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1131950

Yes, I use BVLPB from Orange, it's recomended for Romania.
Can you tell me what steps did you make when you installed your kernel?

Last edited:

r3ptil3

Jul 5, 2010
@ toxic or any who's using 1.3 - is the "flip to silence" feature implemented? :)

@ ruicc - tried a quick search for the star2font2 and found this : http://d-h.st/XBE
does an .apk sound right for a font?
re the interface modding, sounds a bit too technical for me. mite stay away from that one :D

@ anyone - ive seen this siyah kernel vsync a few times. can anyone enlighten me as to whats the difference between that and the regular siyah kernel?

@ anyone using siyah b5 - ive just flashed this kernel and found that it doesnt have lots of preset performance options like "extreme battery" etc and the option to increase headphone sound/amp etc (when compared to dorimanx). was this just a feature in dorimanx's kernel? i had just assumed siyahs kernel would have had this, as dori's was based off the siyah kernel
or can u get a separate mod which allows us to increase the headphone volume and amp?

sorry for all the questions guys, but thanks in advance!

iT0mm0

May 2, 2012
Yes, I use BVLPB from Orange, it's recomended for Romania.
Can you tell me what steps did you make when you installed your kernel?

i use stock kernel, Kernel only affects WiFi, it has no bearing on carrier signal

quick look through that thread and found these
Romania Orange ORO - I9100BVLPH/I9100OROLPH/I9100BVLPE

you have not tried using GetRil by any chance ??

IonutP

Jul 13, 2011
London
what about your IMEI number?

I didn't tried to look at it. What should i do to have signal with another kernel?

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

i use stock kernel, Kernel only affects WiFi, it has no bearing on carrier signal

quick look through that thread and found these
Romania Orange ORO - I9100BVLPH/I9100OROLPH/I9100BVLPE

you have not tried using GetRil by any chance ??

No,what is that?
I experienced signal lost only with another kernel, so i guess it's kernel related somehow.

iT0mm0

May 2, 2012
reflash rom only wiping Dalvik and Cache then fix permissions (you will lose no apps)

whichever Kernel (im guessing Siyah) is messing the settings up

Siyah Kernel is not as good as it was back in the ICS days, CM team know what they're doing with the stock kernel

IonutP

Jul 13, 2011
London
reflash rom only wiping Dalvik and Cache then fix permissions (you will lose no apps)

whichever Kernel (im guessing Siyah) is messing the settings up

Siyah Kernel is not as good as it was back in the ICS days, CM team know what they're doing with the stock kernel

Thanks, I only want to use another kernel for the undervolt settings.

toxicthunder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 24, 2012
New Delhi
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][Linaro] CarbonRom 1.π » Feb 21

Apologies I won't be able to help out with certain issues like modem issues, LTE etc. Don't even have LTE in my country yet.

Some features you might have to discuss among yourselves and sort them out. Rest assured I am reading each and every post and taking note of everything. :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Reactions: ambuj

davidspwy

Nov 9, 2010

The time in the status bar freeze always . Need to solve by rebooting. :( any solution?

And can you add save to external for the camera in the next release?

r3ptil3

Jul 5, 2010

thx tequila

from reading the article, vysnc basically makes things/transitions smoother?
from reading through siaysh home page, im under the impression that siyah b5 doesnt have vsync included? but siyah s2-v5.0.1 does?
can anyone comment? has anyone used vsync vs the regular siyah b5 and is there a noticeable improvement?

betatalking

Mar 24, 2007

I can't access Access Point Name in Mobile Network.
Is there a workaround for this? I'm using stock kernel on this single rom - ignore my signature.

Anybody can help? I can't switch off fast dormancy by *#9900# too...

Sent from my GT-i9100 using xda app-developers app

arcopidia

Jul 18, 2012

Home button not working and no lockscreen
Is it just me?

It works. Go to settings> navigation> hardware keys. You'll find option to activate hardware keys.

Best of luck

Sent from my GT-i9100 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

I've been using this Rom for more than 12 hours. There were some problems but after done tweaking everything is very smooth.

I'm using stock kernel.
Un-installed stock browser and many other unused apps. Installed inverted gaaps.
So many options to customize.
Esp Pie controls.
I'm just loving it.
Outstanding work devs...

Sent from my GT-i9100 using xda premium

Reactions: toxicthunder
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. The team is composed of former members of Team Liquid who have forked the code in an attempt to bring greater speed, better coding, and full authorship to code. We are in no way affiliated with Liquid0624. The rom was forked at Liquid beta 3.2.1 and has since undergone major code changes and modifications.

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, AOKP, PA ,and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Screenshots:

Carbon Updates:

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users!

Download Carbon:

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features can be found on our goo.im page: http://goo.im/devs/carbon

Who is Team Carbon?

Ordered by join date:

dg4prez

nocoast

winner00

mattmanWRX

BigShotRob

pixeldotz

slick_rick

andros11

ToxicThunder

morfic

Kejar31

If you would like to support this and future releases, feel free to donate. All donations will be used to further development efforts.

Important Changes (1.4)

◘ Latest camera fixes and merges from CM
    ◘ New mali drivers (should hopefully give better UI performance)

◘ Hybrid DPI settings and PIE may not always work as expected. Please read what PA developer molesarecoming has to say about it -

Originally Posted by spaxx24
    One question.
    When I change system DPI to 240 the keyboard gets very small. I want it to be like 40-50% of the screen. If I raise SwiftKey DPI to 300 with system DPI 240 half the keyboard is not visible.
    I then tried 300 DPI system and lower other apps to 240. Everything is great, but the widgets on homescreen are so big. I tried lower DPI of launcher and the widget's parentapp, didn't work.
    Is there any way to have "big" keyboard and "small" widgets? Would make it perfect thanks!

theres no solution to this, except hybrid engine. i know what a plague it is sifting through the 4 gigabyte sourcecode to make it happen. it seems easy in the beginning but then youre bumping into all these issues. hybrid has them all figured out down to the smallest iota. we're soon merging hybrid² as an sqashed commit, i'd volunteer helping nocast merging it, if the carbon boys agree, that is. i understand the way it is implemented right now, ten bazillion commits, makes it pretty rough to be re-used by other roms but h² will change that - it will probably even sit after a simple git cherry-pick.
    New Build Uploaded.

Visit http://goo.im/devs/carbon to download
    Carbon dev team good job &thanks for the ROM.
    WiFi tethering issue is the only issue so far which is holding me back to use this as daily driver.
    I am with latest siyah b5 super smooth.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
    Expect a build by tomorrow (i.e another 12 hours)

1. Wi-fi Tethering fixed

2. APN issues resolved

3. Multiple-languages

4. π