[HELP] Video camera issues with CM11

Search This thread

falcon7204

Aug 7, 2012
Hi,

I have an HTC Vivid running albinoman887's CM11 4/24/14 nightly, and the 4/26a PA GApps. Everything seems to run smoothly except for the fact that the latest Google Camera update force closes, so I cannot use that app at all to take pictures or shoot video. I haven't yet found a way to revert to the older version so on a side note if someone can point me to that APK I'd be greatly appreciative.

At any rate, other camera apps like A Better Camera and CameraMX do a great job of taking still photos, but neither one will invoke the video recording function. I have updated to the latest nightly of both CM11 and PA GApps, and the reason why I'm on the older versions is because the newer builds caused problems, so I clean flashed back to the older ones.

I downloaded a couple of diagnostic apps and neither one seems to indicate the presence of video recording function. I don't know if that's normal for those apps or if there's some damaged hardware involved. I don't want to go all the way back to stock to test that theory, so if anyone has had any similar problems or has some insight to offer, I'd really appreciate it. The lack of video recording is not a backbreaker for me, but it's one of those minor annoyances that I absolutely hate - kind of like a wart. TIA for any help you can offer.

cmerlyn

Aug 17, 2011
Rohnert Park
Hi,

I have an HTC Vivid running albinoman887's CM11 4/24/14 nightly, and the 4/26a PA GApps. Everything seems to run smoothly except for the fact that the latest Google Camera update force closes, so I cannot use that app at all to take pictures or shoot video. I haven't yet found a way to revert to the older version so on a side note if someone can point me to that APK I'd be greatly appreciative.

At any rate, other camera apps like A Better Camera and CameraMX do a great job of taking still photos, but neither one will invoke the video recording function. I have updated to the latest nightly of both CM11 and PA GApps, and the reason why I'm on the older versions is because the newer builds caused problems, so I clean flashed back to the older ones.

I downloaded a couple of diagnostic apps and neither one seems to indicate the presence of video recording function. I don't know if that's normal for those apps or if there's some damaged hardware involved. I don't want to go all the way back to stock to test that theory, so if anyone has had any similar problems or has some insight to offer, I'd really appreciate it. The lack of video recording is not a backbreaker for me, but it's one of those minor annoyances that I absolutely hate - kind of like a wart. TIA for any help you can offer.

Yeah, I had the same problem with video on the older nightlies. I am now on 5/7 build and video works great using any of several different cameras.