Q&A/T Thread for SlimKat 4.4.4

Search This thread

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
So how is it running? You did there were issues with caf in the development thread, unless I misunderstood.
It's coming along fine now :) I just needed to step back and fix some other things that were causing issues. As you can see in my SIG, I have a lot of builds now, so I'm trying to find a way to get some money atm for an amazing server. Because servers are cool :p

Reactions: ToyKalibur

jezi251

May 11, 2014
Buttons

from last 2 months slim rom was working gr8 then suddenly button ( < ^ [] ) stop working i was confuse what happened..i thought this might be slim rom bug..so i did following procedures...
1..factory reset and then install slim rom + gapps
no result button no functinal
2.factory reset install backup of stock version
no result..
3.hard reset delete usb otg,david,cache and then install slim with kernel torched+ g apps
no result....

oranget

Feb 14, 2013
Anyone else having problem with "Calendar Storage" force closing over and over?

ToyKalibur

Feb 9, 2011
Grants Pass
Ring Tone

Just curious if anyone has experienced this problem I have all of a sudden got.

My phone rings just once, (cycles the ring tone only once) but keeps vibrating until answered or goes to voicemail. This just started yesterday and I have since reinstalled the rom fresh. Still does it. I have read that this could be a glitch or bug. I also checked all the ring tones and they are OGG file format. I have tried to add the tag "ANDROIDLOOP=TRUE" to the ringtone and still no luck. I have quiet settings off. I didn't change anything in the OS that was sound affiliated.

Now the only change I have made to the phone is I upgraded my Hboot to 2.18 a few days ago. The easy way out I guess is to revert back to 2.14 but it was working just fine after the update.

Any suggestions anyone?
Thanks y'all.

ToyKalibur

Feb 9, 2011
Grants Pass
Just curious if anyone has experienced this problem I have all of a sudden got.

My phone rings just once, (cycles the ring tone only once) but keeps vibrating until answered or goes to voicemail. This just started yesterday and I have since reinstalled the rom fresh. Still does it. I have read that this could be a glitch or bug. I also checked all the ring tones and they are OGG file format. I have tried to add the tag "ANDROIDLOOP=TRUE" to the ringtone and still no luck. I have quiet settings off. I didn't change anything in the OS that was sound affiliated.

Now the only change I have made to the phone is I upgraded my Hboot to 2.18 a few days ago. The easy way out I guess is to revert back to 2.14 but it was working just fine after the update.

Any suggestions anyone?
Thanks y'all.

Reverted back to 2.14. All is working and back to normal. The ring tone issue is the actual file not having the tag ANDROID_LOOP=true. I'll figure that out later. I was having other sound issues though so not sure what's up with updated Hboot. It was Evita and AT&T and for my HOX. Oh well.

*Edit If making your own ringtones, I used Audacity. To save use the export option. It will automatically bring up the metadata editor before save.Click add then enter ANDROID_LOOP in the description box then next to it enter; true. I used ES File Explorer to transfer the file to /system/media/audio/ringtones and then changed the permissions on other so that it can read, write and execute. Works perfect.

Hope this helps if anyone was wondering.

Last edited:

xeno81

Aug 5, 2009
Detroit Metro
I'm having one problem with this ROM right now, and this has persisted despite flashing the latest nightlies for the past 3 or so versions. Everything else is fine or such a small issue I can't think of it, and I solved my ****ty WiFi/Cell signals by flashing an older radio....

Occasionally the phone battery will drain rather quickly, and the phone will be warm to the touch. Just sitting on a desk.

When I check the battery stats, it will show as much as 45% battery usage from "Android OS".

Additionally, even with the screen off and plugged in to a 1A car charger, if I use Navigation it will eventually either overheat and shut off, or the screen will refuse to come on and I have to force it off. When it comes back on, the battery will be significantly drained. Typically it's under 20%.

I have even started Navigation with the screen off, sitting on the seat or on the floor, shielded from sunlight with the AC on, with 100% battery. After about 20-30 minutes, it will finally die one way or the other like above.

Whatever I need to do to give you info, just let me know. Thanks.

mawoods75

Apr 17, 2010
Lost my network connection and APNs after flashing 8.0. Anyone else?

My apn's and network are fine, but the DPI setting with 8.0 is much higher and I can't seem to change it (seems to be standard 320dpi rather than the 245-250 of prior versions). I've even tried to edit the build prop but the LCD density is not showing up in the file. I did find a menu setting for font size, but it doesn't seem to change overall resolution.

Anyone else have a different DPI with 8.0?

Mark

Edit: after a logic break, I think the LCD density line may missing from the build.prop file altogether. I was using a build.prop editor before when I said the entry wasn't showing. I then tried texdroider and it could not find the current DPI. Changing it and rebooting had no effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: oranget

cbasse

My apn's and network are fine, but the DPI setting with 8.0 is much higher and I can't seem to change it (seems to be standard 320dpi rather than the 245-250 of prior versions). I've even tried to edit the build prop but the LCD density is not showing up in the file. I did find a menu setting for font size, but it doesn't seem to change overall resolution.

Mark

Edit: after a logic break, I think the LCD density line may missing from the build.prop file altogether. I was using a build.prop editor before when I said the entry wasn't showing. I then tried texdroider and it could not find the current DPI. Changing it and rebooting had no effect.

I was unable to change DPI either. I'm back on 7.9 due to the network issue.

Reactions: oranget

mawoods75

Apr 17, 2010

Mark

OK, a little backtracking here... Perhaps my apn's and network were not fine after all. In 8.0, although my apn's were listed and mobile data worked fine, I noticed late yesterday that I was completely unable to make an outgoing phone call. No matter which number I tried, whether picking a contact or dialing manually, every call would automatically end prior to the first ring. I thought maybe I messed up something when I modified my build.prop file, so I clean flashed and tried again... Still no luck. I will post in main thread as well as a bug report.

aintno

Oct 4, 2009
LG V60 ThinQ
Network, APNs, and DPI after flashing 8.0

Lost my network connection and APNs after flashing 8.0. Anyone else?
I also experienced both the DPI issue and Network and APNs loss.

Following the suggestion here, I resolved DPI by using Buildprop Editor (direct edit didn't work and I'm inexperienced) to add property, ro.sf.lcd_density, of value 260.
Still lost with the network & apn issue and may go back to 7.9.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

I also experienced both the DPI issue and Network and APNs loss.

Following the suggestion here, I resolved DPI by using Buildprop Editor (direct edit didn't work and I'm inexperienced) to add property, ro.sf.lcd_density, of value 260.
Still lost with the network & apn issue and may go back to 7.9.

Network and APNs are working fine on 8.0 after flashing Torched Kernel 4.8 (will try 5 also).

EDIT: network/apns not working after a backup in recovery. radio is off.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try the 2.18 firmware. By the way guys, I've been distro hopping and haven't had the time to set everything straight by the weekly release. So tonight's build will be delayed. Along with that, I'll try and sort out all the issues we're having
    Haha thanks @ToyKalibur so much. Idk man, you made my night :)

As for the Google Camera, I'm not sure if I'm allowed because it's a Google Application. I'll try and look into it for you

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created for Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

SlimKat
    slim_op_v05.jpg

For the HTC One XL

Click link here>> [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4]SlimKat [evita] <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help.

It's always best to thank a ROM OP in lieu of simply posting "thankyou".

z7e6jQa.jpg

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP.
    z7e6jQa.jpg
    As of today, I decided to make AFH our download location for now. I love their service and it feels like the place it belongs. Enjoy!

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=16262
    New build is up in the main thread- Slim Stable 6.0!. Super smooth, super stable. Enjoy!

Changes:

• Fix Topmost feature
    • Fix battery charging percentage color applier
    • Fix Battery stat app
    • TRDS: Fix Volume panel background
    • Add ASCII logo to edify script
    • more translations
    • CM kernel updates