[FIX] Direct MMS on Boostmobile HTC EVO AOSP & SENSE

Search This thread

joey72

Jul 3, 2010
I could not change the Sprint MMSC settings to mm.myboostmobile.com due to my ##3282# not working and my settings were grayed out in my stock messaging settings not allowing me to edit them. I tried qpst and cdma workshop and dfs and a couple other programs but none of them were any help. I finally used an app from the market APN backup and restore on a friends EVO first to create the backup file sent thE file to my email so I would have it, then used that file to restore my EVO settings and wallah its working wonderfully , I can send and receive picture mail without having to open download links , I have that backup file if I can find a way to share it with you I will .

Hey, Can I have a copy of that backup file?? I can't use MMS on my evo 4g on boost either

thanks

spinsat74

Jun 12, 2011
I was running Cyanogen 7 for a while and had no issues, everything worked flawlessly, till I wanted to try something new...I flashed a Stock Rooted Rom: 3.30.651.3-deodex-20110712-signed and everything went coput...For some crazy reason my phone got Verizon NAMs files or NV items... or I really didn't pay attention to the ROM...but I have never used Verizon before so I know I didn'd edit them, but that was weird...so I flashed back to 4.54.651.1-deodex-20120104-signed and everything came back on board, except the battery issue...remember I wanted to try something new so I wanted the newest Rooted Stock Rom, so I flashed the 3.30.651.3-deodex-20110712-signed ROM again...everything worked as planned for...a day or so... but today I get error after error when I text:

"SMS Error

SMS Error: Message to not sent, Saved in Undelivered messages.
Please try again."

...I've checked the settings with-in the messaging app that comes integrated in the ROM and this is what I see:

"Connection Settings:
Name
Production

MMSC
http://mms.sprint.com

MMS Proxy

MMS port
MMS protocol
WAP 2.0"

I cant get the EPST ##3282# to come up...whats up with that?...so I can configure MMS URL to http//:mm.myboostmobile.com and delete proxy settings cause boost don't use proxy

Everything else is working just fine though.

This is what I got right now:

Android Ver: 2.3.5
Baseband Ver: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel Ver: 2.6.35.10-g4b48446
Sftware/Build #: 4.67.651.3
PRI Ver: 2.15.003
prl vER: 61007

Any help is greatly appreciated.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

So...with-in the default messaging app in gingerbread 2.3.5...I have:

(Under "SMS Sattins" tab"

Priority settings: Normal

(Under "MMS Settings" tab)

Auto-retrive is checked

Roaming auto-retrive is NOT checked

Priority settings: Low

Maximum message size: 2M

Connection Settings:

Name
Production

MMSC
http://mms.sprintpcs.com

MMS proxy

MMS port

MMS protocol
WAP 2.0

...make sure "Priority settings" for MMS is set to the minimum...

Than I installed GO SMS Pro from the market and configured the settings there:
(Advanced Tab)

MMS Settings:

Fill APN configuration manually IS CHECKED and under that I have:

MMSC
http://mm.myboostmobile.com

MMS PROXY
(nothing here)

MMS PORT

...restart phone...

now the default messaging app is working, MMS and SMS are working just fine.

I was just trying it out and is working.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

YES SIR!!!

MMS SMS are working with native messaging app on Rooted Stock Gingerbread 2.3.5 or GO SMS Pro, your choice...

WebSlinger420

Nov 5, 2011
Pembroke Pines FL
MMS and YouTube

Like its been posted just dial

##3282#

Enter MSL go to Advance

Edit MMSC:

http://mm.myboostmobile.com

and for YouTube edit the the 4 proxy settings to:

Address: 0.0.0.0
Port: 0
Address: 0.0.0.0
Port: 0

And even after all that the MMS still doesnt work just do this:

Download APN Back Up & Restore from Market.

*** NOTE ****
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN SD CARD INSTALLED
*** NOTE ****
Then open it and hit backup

Connect phone as storage or mount same thing.

Go to the apn backup and restore folder.

delete the apns inside and put the ones I attached.

Make sure to unzip the folder and use the .XML file.

Unmount phone and open apn backup

hit restore and it should show the boost mobile ones.

then when it restores reboot your phone and you are good to go.

Also for those of you who have samsungs or anything different.

Most other non HTCs the only way to get MMS working is by using the APN BackUp and Restore method.

Hit me up if u need any more help.

Attachments

• BoostAPNs.zip
    361 bytes · Views: 202

WebSlinger420

Nov 5, 2011
Pembroke Pines FL
MMS

You dont need to use another apk a custom rom or any of that guys.

Trust me I flash for a living for wireless toyz.

Like I wrote in my instructions all u need is the mmsc url to be boosts.

And for samsungs you need to restore the xml because some other settings need to be nulled out.

Please remember that you don"t need to make or extract an MMS.apk

Thats only for Cricket, MetroPCS that you do things like that. And even those carriers its just running a script.

sdwyz74

Jun 23, 2009
Seattle
Your MMS don't come to your phone as 9000 media msg received? Do u have to go to the web to view it?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Not sure if I'm missing something, ..but i just dial ##DATA# > Enter msl > Advanced > MMS Server URL to http://mm.myboostmobile.com (w/o sprintpcs)
MMS send and recieve works with stock app

MY PIC MAIL WORKS FINE WITH THIS BUT I HAD MY EVO AND FLASHED IT ABOUT A WEEK OR TWO AFTER THEY FIRST CAME OUT SO I THINK THAT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT AS THE EVO OR EPICS OR EPIC TOUCH I DO NOW ALL HAVE THE PROBLEM AND MOST OF THEM WILL NOT UPDATE THE PROFILE EVER??? NOW ON THE NEW ONES I GET THE LINK TO PICMAIL RECEIVED BUT YOU MUST EDIT IT SO YOU DONT GET THE ACCESS DENIED PAGE I JUST BACK ALL THE WAY BACK ERASING ALL THE WAY BACK TILL I HIT THE .COM ( REMOVING ALL THE bLAH bLAH bLAH AT THE END OF THE LINK AND THEN IT TAKES YOU RIGHT IN YOUR PICMAIL ALL YOU NEED IS YOUR PICMAIL PIN# IF NOT SELECT YOU FORGOT IT THEY WILL SEND YOU A TEXT AND YOU LOG IN AND SAVE IT AS A BOOK MARK THEN WHEN YOU GET THE MEDIA MAIL 9000 THINGY YOU HIT YOUR BOOKMARK AND YOU SEE ALL YOUR PICS AS FAR AS SENDING THEM IT ALWAYS WORKS WITH THE http://mm.myboostmobile.com and its good! just my experience but hey mine works and ive changed to a E3D now and its still sending and receiving ??? but IM WITH YOU GUYS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ITS BUGGING ME!

PS.

the guy who taught me everything about anything about EVO,EPICS,FLASHING just doesn't Really talk to me anymore BUT HE KNOWS and thats for sure??? he's HERE BUT I CANT SAY HIS NAME BUT YOU GUYS HAVE PROBALY LEARNED SOMETHING FROM HIM TO!!!!!!!!! thanks to all and PLEASE ADVISE!

ugotnutz2

Feb 9, 2011
this fix works but....

Seems this works but I can recieve MMS but can not send.. I simply email pic's if i need to send them.

I'm using a sense 3.5 rom / v/m works great and mms recieves but doesn't send.

piggynuts

Mar 22, 2011
SOLUTION

a year later i post a fix easy:

any cyanogen based ROM without the ability to do ##DATA#, HERE IS A FIX!!!!

download GOSMSPRO, it's an amazing app everyone should have
go to settings
advanced
mms settings at the bottom
check fill APN configuration manually
mmsc is http://mm.myboostmobile.com
mms proxy BLANK
mms port 80

you will now be able to send and receive mms

if you hate having 2 mms apps, because this can lead to a tiny occasional bug, then use rootexplorer to delete your default messaging apk but u dont have to

this will provide a fix for ANYONE having mms problems with ANY flashed or cloned phone running an evo 4g that is not saving settings when flashing a sense rom then a cyanogen rom over it

oodork123

Nov 28, 2011
West Palm Beach, FL
So the guy that has the problem sending pics but can receive pics is what I'm having now for a year. I've done everything and the website isn't working for me and do I have to delete the apkmms file an put gosms apk into system files?
Or someone make a quick clip of how to do this.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

ChuvaloM

Mar 8, 2012
APN File

I could not change the Sprint MMSC settings to mm.myboostmobile.com due to my ##3282# not working and my settings were grayed out in my stock messaging settings not allowing me to edit them. I tried qpst and cdma workshop and dfs and a couple other programs but none of them were any help. I finally used an app from the market APN backup and restore on a friends EVO first to create the backup file sent thE file to my email so I would have it, then used that file to restore my EVO settings and wallah its working wonderfully , I can send and receive picture mail without having to open download links , I have that backup file if I can find a way to share it with you I will .

Would love to have a copy of that file...
omegasystempc at G-MALE dot com, Thanks...
Having a simular issue with my Evo 4G, No internet or 3G will pop up, have to use my wifi to get internet......what is that all about?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As always hit the THANKS BUTTON

work in progress as of 7/14 this isnt a full solution for receiving from others

Here is my guide to getting direct pictures on the HTC EVO BOOSTMOBILE NETWORK

ive been browsing around and havent seen a proper fix for this besides those who want to make a profit.

im currently testing this and can send mms to myself, by way of the go sms pro app....it allows sending mms to yourself with a viewing pic......

AOSP ROMS
    1. Delete the MMS.apk and mms odex if there is one from /system/app
    2. install Go sms Pro from the market
    3. Setup go sms Pro for Full features.
    4. in go sms pro app hit menu>settings>>MMS settings>Fill APN config Manually

MMSC: Http://mm.myboostmobile.sprintpcs.com
    MMS proxy: I left mine blank
    MMS Port: 80

SENSE

1. go into mms app and look to see if mmsc is editable. (sense 3.0 & some 2.1 allow editing.
    2. If not editable follow steps above for AOSP^^^^^
    3. EDITABLE change mmsc to

MMSC: Http://mm.myboostmobile.sprintpcs.com
    MMS proxy: I left mine blank
    MMS Port: 80

I will continue to update thread and test more roms FO DA Freesci!!. 7/13/2011
    Not sure if I'm missing something, ..but i just dial ##DATA# > Enter msl > Advanced > MMS Server URL to http://mm.myboostmobile.com (w/o sprintpcs)
    MMS send and recieve works with stock app
    Your MMS don't come to your phone as 9000 media msg received? Do u have to go to the web to view it?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
    i used a rant, what'd you use? maybe nand bckup, titanium bkup apps, and then factory reset wipe, cache and dalvik cache and start fresh with rom install. Maybe your attempts to get mms has tweaked something? the only thing not working for me is voicemail notifications from stock voicemail app----- i hear it works with Kingdom Rom though.
    If your donor provides 3g i'd be surprised if it didn't accept MMS.....try it after a clean install