Porting ICS to Optimus Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ill be waiting as long it takes, playing Games on the Computer Wasting the Days ;D

thanks from me for your work since you started working, not everybody would do this.

There is a reason why I selected "Optimus Black" ... If you check the Desire HD thread, there are more than 20 custom ROMs for the device...but recently a good Dev said "Bye Bye" to DHD thread...

I asked him the reason and he said,

"here there are a lot of devs working to bring ICS ROMs for DHD, but the original Desire does not have any ICS port" .... "even HTC is not supporting the device, and the HTC desire users need me more than you people" ....

and so, I want to do the same with Optimus Black ... :)
    My/Our plan:
    We have 2 candidate base ROMs.
    One from Milestone 2 and other from Galaxy SL.
    Both need to be examined properly before taking any step.
    Port CM9 >> OB.
    Then CM9 >> Pure ICS from Google (IMM76D).
    I will not be wasting time on CM9 other then making it boot and extracting libs/modules becoz all CM9 are Nighties and CM9 has alot of bugs from source.
    I have 2 days every week to work on this...I'm busy
    Ics boot on my optimus black...:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
    This is what I got when I ask Ricardo if he can help a little or put us in the right way:

Ricardo Cerqueira - +Oscar Covarrubias If ICS on the Black was currently possible, you'd have it already. Any effort at doing it at the moment would result in incompatible crap, and thus a waste of my time.

1st of all in IT world nothing is impossible...
    If Nokia N9 can get ICS then why not OB...while its already an Android device...
    We are facing difficulty...all dev. face the same...even dev. @LG will be facing same difficulty even though they have 1000's of employees...
    I saw Ricardo's vid on youtube running ICS on OB...maybe LG paid him...thats why hez not sharing any stuff...bcoz I read somewhere on net that LG gave free OB to devs....

and one last thing....
    If I can't port it....
    I'm gonna build it from source !
    I'm ready for compiling a new Kernel from source! :D