Which accessories have TWO versions - AT&T and International?

Search This thread

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
I have an International Galaxy Note (White - 16Gb) and I noted that some Samsung Original Accessories have 2 versions - International and US AT&T.

For example:
1). Samsung Original Flip Cover
The US AT&T version does NOT fit in the International version, even though both have the same physical dimension. I even tried this myself in the local Best Buy store.

2). Samsung Original battery
Many Amazon seller noted that the Samsung Original battery does NOT fit the International version.

Problem is, I don't know WHICH accessories, even Samsung Original one, that have TWO versions. Can anyone tell me WHERE can I purchase the following that WILL work for my International Note?

- Samsung Original battery (not extended one)
- Samsung Original Car dock
- Samsung Original Desktop Dock
- Samsung Original Flip Cover
- Samsung Original charger

Last edited:

tbong777

I have an International Galaxy Note (White - 16Gb) and I noted that some Samsung Original Accessories have 2 versions - International and US AT&T.

For example:
1). Samsung Original Flip Cover
The US AT&T version does NOT fit in the International version, even though both have the same physical dimension. I even tried this myself in the local Best Buy store.

2). Samsung Original battery
Many Amazon seller noted that the Samsung Original battery does NOT fit the International version.

Problem is, I don't know WHICH accessories, even Samsung Original one, that have TWO versions. Can anyone tell me WHERE can I purchase the following that WILL work for my International Note?

- Samsung Original battery (not extended one)
- Samsung Original Car dock
- Samsung Original Desktop Dock
- Samsung Original Flip Cover

There are some websites selling the Flip cover as fitting BOTH... Not happening LOL

Only buy accessories specified for the N7000. There are far more of them in numbers than the ATT variant as they are International. I have three Hyperion batteries and cradle that fit the N7000.

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
There are some websites selling the Flip cover as fitting BOTH... Not happening LOL

Only buy accessories specified for the N7000. There are far more of them in numbers than the ATT variant as they are International. I have three Hyperion batteries and cradle that fit the N7000.

Could you tell me where you got it from? I usually buy stuff from Amazon but not much for the N7000 out there.

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
Oh, forgot to ask: How's the quality and battery life for the Hyperion? Any problem? Does it last the same as the Samsung original battery?

BrokenPixel

Dec 28, 2007
Valle de San Isidro
www.google.com
Speck Case

I bought a Speck "Candyshell" case from AT&T for my N7000 (Box doesn't specify which Note it is for), fitted as I read in some forum.. hard as hell to take it off but fits tight. I don't think I'll see any pocket lint between the case and phone. Its perfect if you carry your note in your pocket, slips in and out better than any otterbox or tough case I've had before. Price is way off (40 bucks). I'm happy with it, i can see where it will start to break apart but, there will be something good by the time it breaks.

tbong777

Oh, forgot to ask: How's the quality and battery life for the Hyperion? Any problem? Does it last the same as the Samsung original battery?

LOL I have three of them a cradel and wall charger and rarely use them as I get 12 hours from my phone with everything going. MAPs,FB Twi syncing 30 minutes, Gmail x2 Screen at 75%, BT on Wifi On all the time.

But when I have used it I noticed little difference. I don't play a lot of games except at night with the phone plugged in to the wall. Never watch movies on it unless I am flying somewhere.

Hyperion is a quality company with a quality product IMO. Not cheap China knock offs.

CyberGhos

Jun 1, 2010
Memphis, TN
I have both notes. The original batter for both phones are the same and interchangeable. I am using the intl battery in the AT&T phone right now.

ChicoKiri

Dec 28, 2010
kourikustoms.com
As far as I can tell, the battery covers and face buttons are the only physical differences between the two phones, which is why the flip covers and screen protectors aren't compatible. Everything else should be cross compatible, including batteries, external cases, docks, chargers etc...

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
I have both notes. The original batter for both phones are the same and interchangeable. I am using the intl battery in the AT&T phone right now.

So the AT&T battery is the exact match as the International battery and a genuine Samsung battery? If yes, I'll buy one from AT&T.

It just that the AT&T Note battery is described as NOT COMPATIBLE with the Note Int'l version. For example, the one in Amazon state so, even though the battery looks the same (see pics below)
6uxpj.jpg

6uxpj

Last edited:

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006

Hey tbong777,

I bought the dock from Amazon, based on the link you provided, but I noticed when I connect the dock to the AC adapter (not USB) and dock my Note, the Note show that it is charging via USB instead of AC. This ended up making the charging process really slow.

Not sure if this is an issue, but could you let me know:
1). If this happen on your dock?
2). There are 2 USB port in the back of the dock, one with the USB "icon" and the other with some other icon. Which one you connect to?

Just want to check if this is by design or defective product.

Thanks!

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
Just a quick update:

I emailed Hyperion, the manufacturer of the dock, and it seems they do not know whether the dock will charge at USB or AC capacity. They said they'll have to "test" this.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence to the Hyperion product now. So I will stay away from their battery. Who knows what kind of QA they'll have if they don't even know about their own docking station charging capability.