Xperia Z1 Compact discussion

Search This thread

Bossk128

Mar 7, 2011
OK successfully flashed the central European fw and now have the option for LTE, great!

However I've also got the update for kk in this fw. If I update to kit kat does that stop me from reloading my backup fw?

I know on my hox when bootloaders etc were updated old backups were hard to apply.

Sent from my D5503 using xda app-developers app

zike47222

Apr 12, 2014
Easy root

Hey has anyone found a easier way to root? Like just flashing a rooted official ROM with flashtool or something? I don't have the Internet time to do the whole root process and now with KitKat available it would be nice to root befor updateing.

Arup ZR

Aug 17, 2013
1020 is the best camera on a smart phone, next to none. No question about it. Leading one to believe the z1 compact is better, is ridiculous.

Check DxO mark rating of SONY's Z2 camera which is same as Z1's, it says otherwise to what your belief is about NOKIA. Btw last time I checked all major camera makers including NIKON and CANON use SONY's sensors, the 36MP Nikon D800 is one such example, since when did NOKIA start making professional sensors and cameras and broadcast equipment?

strahl2e

Dec 14, 2014
Z3 torch shortcut

There is a way to find it but u can only find it in stock camera app > Flash Light > Torch. Other than that u can install flashlight app from play store or if u r rooted you can try Xposed - Xperia Xposed.

Just to add to that, the z3 compact has a nice shortcut in the 'Quick settings' menu. Note that you need to edit the menu and add the torch.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally! Got my Xperia Z1 Compact hahaha time to do some back reading on compiling kernel for Sony. Seems like a lot has changed since I switched to HTC :D I hope I could contribute a lot on this device since there's not much development going on for now. :)

Any Sony Xperia developers from Z to Z1 willing to give me a boost by introducing basic things? Last development I made for Sony was when I was still using my Xperia Pro so I'm pretty sure alot has changed since then.
    Xperia Z1 Compact retail packing and more pictures.

Source Link at http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/01/19/xperia-z1-compact-retail-packaging-spied/
    http://www.digi-wo.com/thread-12893-1-1.html

Xperia-Z1-Compact-Retail-Packaging_1-640x359.jpg

Xperia-Z1-Compact-Retail-Packaging_2-640x359.jpg

Xperia-Z1-Compact-Retail-Packaging_3-640x359.jpg

Xperia-Z1-Compact-Retail-Packaging_4-640x359.jpg

Xperia-Z1-Compact-Retail-Packaging_5-640x359.jpg

Xperia-Z1-Compact-Retail-Packaging_6-640x359.jpg

Xperia-Z1-Compact-Retail-Packaging_7-640x359.jpg

Xperia-Z1-Compact-Retail-Packaging_8-640x359.jpg

Xperia-Z1-Compact-Retail-Packaging_9-640x359.jpg

Xperia-Z1-Compact-Retail-Packaging_10-640x359.jpg

Xperia-Z1-Compact-Retail-Packaging_11-640x359.jpg

Xperia-Z1-Compact-Retail-Packaging_12-640x359.jpg

Xperia-Z1-Compact-Retail-Packaging_13-640x359.jpg

Xperia-Z1-Compact-Retail-Packaging_14-640x359.jpg

Xperia-Z1-Compact-Retail-Packaging_15-640x359.jpg

Xperia-Z1-Compact-Retail-Packaging_16-640x359.jpg
    I'm a kernel developer. I can fully port doomkernel if I want to in Xperia Z1 Compact :) Still getting the hang of the device... Will start kernel development as soon as I unlock the bootloader of my phone. Right now I'm still bone stock just in case I notice issues I could still swap my phone. :p
    Just curious to know, If Doomlord kernel will work in Xperia Z1 Compact or not...
    Don't consider it to be noobish, cuz I don't have any knowledge bout kernels, bt I think it will work in dat cuz same chipset, same processor and GPU as that of Z1..
    Obvious some editing will b done wid dose kernels bt might get worked on our devices...!!!! :D:rolleyes:
    this should be of interest to you guys

[D550X] CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.4.6 + ROOT for Xperia Z1 Compact

@OP
    can you add this to OP?

regards,

DooMLoRD
    Sony Xperia Z1 Compact "UNBOXING VIDEO" - RUSSIAN