Evervolv 4 (4.4.4) [ION]

Search This thread

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
since I dont see it listed anywhere... and the change over to how the forum's are separated cause havoc on dual type phones... IE there is the stock forum section for GSM, stock section for CDMA, but the Original (aka not OEM) dev section is mixed, so without title or main post tags I am left to guess or ask! :/

this work with the CDMA version or GSM only? (CM11 variant as well?)

Thanks!

Last edited:

wabicek

Sep 18, 2007
Prague
Moto G 5G
since I dont see it listed anywhere... and the change over to how the forum's are separated cause havoc on dual type phones... IE there is the stock forum section for GSM, stock section for CDMA, but the Original (aka not OEM) dev section is mixed, so without title or main post tags I am left to guess or ask! :/

this work with the CDMA version or GSM only? (CM11 variant as well?)

Thanks!
These are GSM only.

Cuxx

Feb 22, 2010
Hey. The Rom is rly great. But there is a problem with bluetooth headsets. There are only creaky noises.

Shoaib05

Mar 18, 2013
A Short Review of this ROM. :)

I have used this ROM for about a day now and it is working fine. Though the bug list says it is not stable, I found this ROM to be quite stable. Apart from the disappearing of some apps on reboot, this ROM runs really good. This bug is not really serious as the missing apps come back after rebooting for a second time. However, rebooting the ROM takes a long time and that is quite annoying. Further, I found out that ART runtime cannot be used in this ROM. The camera in this ROM works good and I have been able to select 5MP and 720p quality settings in a third party Camera app. I have also noticed that the audio quality in headphones is not that good. No matter what equalizer or enhancements I use, the audio quality doesn't change. Further, the USB storage cannot be mounted in this ROM which restricts the transfer of files to and from the SD Card. However, the USB storage can be mounted correctly through clockworkmod. In this ROM, the total available RAM stands at 370MB which is little more than what is normally available on this phone (~360MB).
Overall, this ROM seems to be fine and with a little bug-fixing, it can become a stable and smooth ROM.
I don't know whether this is a bug of this ROM or a feature that the provided KERNEL is missing, the HW+ or HW decoder in MX player is not working. When opening a video using HW+ or HW decoder, the player gives an error stating that this video can't be played using hardware decoding. I have tried several videos of different formats but all of them refuse to play in hardware decoding mode. This is too bad as on this phone, .mkv files of 720p play smoothly only when they are used with HW+ decoder. I hope the developer can fix this.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Evervolv 4 - Beta-1
    h_1407400529_8306284_722a4532c6.png

What`s not work:

• Not stable

Download Links:

My GITHUB sources

XDA:DevDB Information
    Evervolv 4 [4.4.4][ION], ROM for the HTC One V

Contributors
    rastomanchik
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOSP+Evervolv

Version Information

Created 2014-08-07
    Last Updated 2014-08-07
    Great Job Aleksandar :good:
    I've managed to find some free time and to flash this evervolv build of kitkat.I must say that this is a huge progress since the first day you've started working on it.Cause I remember we didn't even have a Rom back then able to boot pass the black screen.Now,not only that it is booting just fine,but it also works quite good for a first build.
    Yeah...I konow there are some glitches and minor hickups,but that's all just need some ironing and it will be fine.At least now Rom can be tested properly ,and it's possible to take logcats to detect errors and what needs to be fixed one by one.
    So folks,chill....and relax,this is a first BETA build,you can not expect everything to work straight away,If some of you got time and knowledge,please do take adb logcats when you're using this Rom and post your logs here so that @rastomanchik and others can have a look at it,and try to fix the errors found.
    @rastomanchik Thanks once again for the efforts in making this Rom,and if you don't mind tell me which sources from your git did you use for compilation of Evervolv Rom kernel? I would like to clone the kernel source for this Rom so I need to know are all the files on git or did you use some of your local files too?
    P.S. Oh yea,I've noticed SElinux is disabled by default,is that supposed to be like that?
    Thank You :good:
    I am sorry. I do not have free time. New beta will be tomorrow or after too day
    A Short Review of this ROM. :)

I have used this ROM for about a day now and it is working fine. Though the bug list says it is not stable, I found this ROM to be quite stable. Apart from the disappearing of some apps on reboot, this ROM runs really good. This bug is not really serious as the missing apps come back after rebooting for a second time. However, rebooting the ROM takes a long time and that is quite annoying. Further, I found out that ART runtime cannot be used in this ROM. The camera in this ROM works good and I have been able to select 5MP and 720p quality settings in a third party Camera app. I have also noticed that the audio quality in headphones is not that good. No matter what equalizer or enhancements I use, the audio quality doesn't change. Further, the USB storage cannot be mounted in this ROM which restricts the transfer of files to and from the SD Card. However, the USB storage can be mounted correctly through clockworkmod. In this ROM, the total available RAM stands at 370MB which is little more than what is normally available on this phone (~360MB).
    Overall, this ROM seems to be fine and with a little bug-fixing, it can become a stable and smooth ROM.
    I don't know whether this is a bug of this ROM or a feature that the provided KERNEL is missing, the HW+ or HW decoder in MX player is not working. When opening a video using HW+ or HW decoder, the player gives an error stating that this video can't be played using hardware decoding. I have tried several videos of different formats but all of them refuse to play in hardware decoding mode. This is too bad as on this phone, .mkv files of 720p play smoothly only when they are used with HW+ decoder. I hope the developer can fix this.