Speaker problems?

Search This thread

badboyz

Jan 18, 2008
Denham Springs
When on a call the other person sounds very metallic, but when playing music through the back speaker it sounds fine. Also when on a call the speaker phone sounds fine. Is my speaker detective or is the quality just bad for the ear speaker?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA App

chocodough

Aug 28, 2003
When on a call the other person sounds very metallic, but when playing music through the back speaker it sounds fine. Also when on a call the speaker phone sounds fine. Is my speaker detective or is the quality just bad for the ear speaker?

HTC phones always have crappy speakers in them. I doubt you have a bad one, it's just that HTC is cheap and won't put in better speakers.

russell1997

Nov 13, 2007
Chelsea, AL
www.KV4S.com
of the 3 HTC phone i've had here is my raking
1. tilt... by far had the best speaker
2. vivid
3. aria

i'm not impressed with the vivid's speaker but it's not horrible. not something i would choose as to whether to get the phone or not.

deepsunn

Nov 15, 2011
I'm not having issues with my earpiece speaker but I am with the back speaker.. I can get a call and it is SUPER loud, so much so that the speaker actually distorts. I've tried turning it down but I have "pocket mode" on, so it boosts the volume, weird thing is, it's in a case, not my pocket. Could the case be screwing with the phone's ability to "sense" whether it's in a pocket or not? And why in the heck would the speaker even be distorting?! It does not do this when I play music thru it at max volume, by the way..

Mocaris

Oct 17, 2011

I'm having the exact same issue.