pac man rom phone

Search This thread

epicdumdum

Feb 24, 2014
hey im not sure why but when i call some one while having the pac man rom or any of the aosp roms i cant get my screen to turn back on while in a phone call and wanted to know if theres any one that knows whats wrong with it:confused:

jimzweb1

Nov 13, 2010
hey im not sure why but when i call some one while having the pac man rom or any of the aosp roms i cant get my screen to turn back on while in a phone call and wanted to know if theres any one that knows whats wrong with it:confused:

Hey if you might try this. Go to settings/device/call and uncheck " Turn off screen during calls" the screen will stay on during calls, or is supposed to. You might test your proximity sensor, here is a link to Galaxy Tools app http://xdaforums.com/note-3-sprint/themes-apps/app-one-click-hotspot-enabler-menus-t2816159 the download is a zip file so put it on your PC desktop. Just change it to an apk file (bring it up with 7zip or WinRAR and rename it) and in stall on your device. Now click Testing/Phone Info then test the proximity sensor, if ok then something in the rom, if not, the phone screen will not turn on and off during calls.

Last edited:

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
No issues here

I've been running Pac-Man 4.4.4 pretty much since it was made available.
I haven't had that issue.

Make sure you're wiping everything and not restoring any data. Except maybe texts and like call logs.

epicdumdum

Feb 24, 2014
normally i dont have issues but its just been with the aosp roms that it wont work right im not sure if i should clear oout my dalvik and everything as well and the reinstall the rom

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
normally i dont have issues but its just been with the aosp roms that it wont work right im not sure if i should clear oout my dalvik and everything as well and the reinstall the rom

Yes, when you flash a ROM you should wipe partition and dalvik cache. As well as doing a factory data reset.
Also, are you running the latest version? There was a version during its beta process where that issue did come up. Since pretty much all AOSP ROMs are based on CM11 they'd all exhibit the same issue being that CM11 is upstream.

Good luck

epicdumdum

Feb 24, 2014
yeah i am running the latest version of it but it just doesnt seem to work properly also would the recovery mess with the ROM at all??

Last edited:

Goat1378

Nov 14, 2013
Baltimore
yeah i am running the latest version of it but it just doesnt seem to work properly also would the recovery mess with the ROM at all??
It has been known that some recoveries work better for some roms. I'd check around and see what others may be using. See what the rom developer recommends for flashing the rom . Also maybe try an older more stable version of the rom your running.

Last edited: