Post Your Today Screens

Search This thread

cassiano

Feb 4, 2008
Porto Alegre
New BT homescreen design: experts help needed (Kavana, Ricky, OrganicM ...?)

Clydeisthe****, thanks for the files.

I downloaded them then extracted the files form the .zip and then form the cabs and analized the setup.xml of each of them.

As far is my knowledge goes and me efforts could get me, the btnetWM6sp.cab installs the files needed to run the BT homescreen an creates the needed registry key, while the BTBBASetupWM6spv1.6.cab configures the device for use in the BT network (data configs etc).

BTW, I extracted the files from the .cabs with IZarc Archiver and analyzed their setup.xml by opening them on the notepad (windows default).

So, now I'm guessing that if I just install the first of the mentioned files I'll have the BT homescreen and keep my data settings but I'm afraid I'll lose my wm 6.1 panels homescreen.

Well, I just made a backup with Sprite Backup Manager and I'm willing to give it try when I get home (I'm leaving the office now, going groceries shopping and then home), but my mind would be at ease if some expert could analyze the files and tell me and everyone what exactly they do...

And maybe, if they'd mess up the system the way they are, they could "refurbish" them (.cabs) in to something we can use with no harm...

I hope I made myself clear and didn't confuse anyone. :eek:

Thanks in advance and cheers.

P.S.: as soon as I get back to the computer I'll convert and upload (maybe to mediafire) the backgrounds/wallpapers of the theme to the one's interested.

Last edited:

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
I install the cab that installs the homescreen. It was fine.... I rebooted. Change the home screen to the "BT" homescreen and all I got was the clock in the right hand corner. Sliding panels was fine, it didnt get affected. However, the phone was very sluggish and it did get stuck on the boot logo a couple of time, after a few resets. I took it off. I will try to extract JUST the home screen and see what I can do with it :)

Clydeistheshit

Apr 14, 2008
I install the cab that installs the homescreen. It was fine.... I rebooted. Change the home screen to the "BT" homescreen and all I got was the clock in the right hand corner. Sliding panels was fine, it didnt get affected. However, the phone was very sluggish and it did get stuck on the boot logo a couple of time, after a few resets. I took it off. I will try to extract JUST the home screen and see what I can do with it :)

Sweet thanks.. you rock at the home screens. I like this one but I feel as though it can be modified into something new/awesome. Maybe a little more colour

cassiano

Feb 4, 2008
Porto Alegre
BT homescreen backgrounds and follow up

As promised, here go the backgrounds (4 out of 6, will post the rest on the next post):

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=myzlddw2zzs&thumb=4

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=5yzumin2mji&thumb=4

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=lf4zyvwp2zm&thumb=4

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=nddjrjonz0l&thumb=4

And about installing the .cab, I thank OrganicM for answering to the call and testing it first himself, so now all wait for his enhanced .cab file to test it.

Cheers and good night to you all.

toanh04

Dec 8, 2006
my home screen...

Nhìn đẹp phết các bác nhỉ... :D
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen004.JPG
    Screen004.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,497

Clydeistheshit

Apr 14, 2008
cassiano thanks for extracting those backgrounds.

Here is my home screen right now:

Here are a couple more background if anybody likes them:
imageview.php

imageview.php

Edit:
Mediafire is telling me their server is down I will try again in a bit

Last edited:

pudgedaddy

Retired Moderator
Nov 6, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
Here's the one im currently using. Very simple, unmodded chome ( well i added programs) with one of the wallpapers that nrg provided from another thread and smarttoolkit

captured.jpg

pudgedaddy

Retired Moderator
Nov 6, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
Wallpapers

per technology's request, here are the wallpapers. I take no credit for these. NRG(aka Organic) posted these on another thread, but i have resized them to fit our screen, enjoy! If you want it to look exactly like mine also go to http://www.e-natives.com/www.php/download/id/40/SmartToolkit_1_0_0_RC08.html and download smarttoolkit (ver RC08C is the best for WM6.1) and it will install the taskbar you see at the bottom. And in addition you'll have to find the "another blue" color scheme that technology made somewhere in this site. Enjoy!

Attachments

• comet.jpg
    comet.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 105

pudgedaddy

Retired Moderator
Nov 6, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
Lets try this; The backgrounds may need to modified slightly but I just do it on my phone

The best fit for the phones for wallpapers is 320X213 . this will ensure that it doesnt cut off or get stretched. I know there's butt-load of programs that do this , but i rely on old fashioned MS paint to edit my pics

just in case anyone wants to know where to download really cool wallpapers that can be resized on the fly ( without post-editing ) you can go here: http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/ each wallpaper can be downloaded with a set resolution. theres one option on the site that is for ipod 320x240 and works the best for our dash's( excalibur's)

Take for example these two screens:
Captured-2-1.jpg

and
Captured-1-1.jpg

i got the backgrounds off the interfacelift site. heres are the images from these screenshots:

Attachments

• droplet.jpg
    droplet.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my home screen Thanks to mskip for the ProPlus Freedom and kazablanca for making spb ms work on non-touch devices
    Samsung SGH-i637