Anyone Still Using KingoRoot??

Search This thread

bfleischman

May 28, 2012
Henderson, NV
Thats what I was going to suggest next trying different usb. Since the 1.1.2 upgrade it has been taking awhile. Did you click usb debugging? It probably did it to me about 5 times I just kept disconnecting and trying it finally worked. Sorry im not much help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

It finally worked. Next Question. What is the custom lock icon that appears on the note 3 Splash screen at the start of Boot and how do you get rid of this.

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
You need to go to Playstore..install Wanum Xposed. Then grab the Xposed Installer apk from XDA load that. Just google Xposed Installer find it in XDA.

Reactions: bfleischman

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384240987888.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384240987888.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 218

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
You cant. With bootloader locked we are unable to install custome recovery. Best you can do is backup everything through Kies on your computer unless someone else has better info. If you can find a post that still has Root de la vega, you should grab the onclick (MI9) back to stock just in case you mess things up. You would have to boot into download mode to run de la vega.

bfleischman

May 28, 2012
Henderson, NV

This has been very helpful. One more question please. Since the bootloader is still locked, and we can not install a custom recovery, how do you make a nandroid backup.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

You cant. With bootloader locked we are unable to install custome recovery. Best you can do is backup everything through Kies on your computer unless someone else has better info. If you can find a post that still has Root de la vega, you should grab the onclick (MI9) back to stock just in case you mess things up. You would have to boot into download mode to run de la vega.

I am still trying to remove the custom lock icon from the splash screen. I have installed Wanam and xposed framework. Still not sure how to do this. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
You have to open Xposed Installer. Open Framework...click install/update. Once you have done that reboot....open xposed again open Modules...you should see Wanum...make sure to check the box next to wanum...reboot...open Wanum go to Security hacks...you should see where it says Custom..check that box it will change to Official. Reboot until the custom lock is no longer on boot screen. You will have to reboot numerous nunerous times

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is no question to whether it's legit or it works. There has been nothing said to suggest that the integrity of the Kingo developers is in question.
    What XDA is concerned with is the fact that your devices Serial number and IMEI numbers are collected during the root process. This is something which is not necessary at all in order to achieve root. They also use free servers in China in order to minimize cost to themselves.
    That is the concern. The reason you have seen back and forth on the subject is that it takes time for developers to reverse engineer the process to see exactly what it does.
    So XDA at this time has taken a position that links to the Kingo or vRoot methods will not be posted on XDA. You are free to use Google and search it out and use any method you want. You aware of the risks just like any other mod you do your device.
    Kingo has said they are correcting this and will be coming out with an app which will be self sustained and connection to their servers will not be necessary. They say it will be 2.0
    Until such happens we will not be allowing the links, but you can discuss it all you want.
    To be accusing the Kingo developers of doing underhanded things is just wrong and total made up speculation. XDA has to take the communities safety as priority #1.
    Just look at this way would you take a screen shot of your devices status screen posting all your IMEI and personal information on a public forum on a site of developers and hackers?
    It's always better to error on the side of safety.

EFM
    Have a great day!
    Guys, my computer detected kingo as a backdoor virus.

Your "computer" detected it? Which anti-virus software are you using? And what steps have to taken to find out if it's a false positive?

Please please please get off of kingo and use root de la vega. Because if you dont I gaurantee you something bad will happen to your computer and phone

You guarantee it? What compensation are you prepared to offer Kingo and their users if your guarantee is false?
    Reinstall drivers. Did that to me also but finally worked. Also I dont know if this matters and some may think....what the heck and laugh. But whenever I tried to load Kingo from the shortcut on my computer it didnt work..but when I opened Kingo from start menu it worked rite away

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
    Thats what I was going to suggest next trying different usb. Since the 1.1.2 upgrade it has been taking awhile. Did you click usb debugging? It probably did it to me about 5 times I just kept disconnecting and trying it finally worked. Sorry im not much help.

You need to go to Playstore..install Wanum Xposed. Then grab the Xposed Installer apk from XDA load that. Just google Xposed Installer find it in XDA.