Help.for usb debugging

Search This thread

nisu4717

Dec 23, 2012
vidhya nagar
Dont know y but my usb debugging is not working.
Flashed stock ftf 2 times.still not work.
When i connect phone to flashtool.it says phone connected with usb debugging turned of.
Reinstalled all drivers expect adb.
I used adb universal installer many times.but it can not detect my my phone.

Thanks in advance
Sent from my LT26ii using xda premium

XDA_h3n

Sep 20, 2011
On Earth!
Dont know y but my usb debugging is not working.
Flashed stock ftf 2 times.still not work.
When i connect phone to flashtool.it says phone connected with usb debugging turned of.
Reinstalled all drivers expect adb.
I used adb universal installer many times.but it can not detect my my phone.

Thanks in advance

In flashtool folder there should be a driver folder with all of the drivers use those drivers.

You may have a conflicting driver. (eg HTC and Sony drivers cross talk the same port)

You may have another software using a instance of adb, eg a sync software, use task manager to kill any that apply.

What's the adb error?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

nisu4717

Dec 23, 2012
vidhya nagar
In flashtool folder there should be a driver folder with all of the drivers use those drivers.

You may have a conflicting driver. (eg HTC and Sony drivers cross talk the same port)

You may have another software using a instance of adb, eg a sync software, use task manager to kill any that apply.

What's the adb error?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

No error.but adb is not detected.
Not even in device manager.
Bytheway can u give me frmework-res.apk from stock rom...i need that.

Edit: when i normally connect,i got 2 auto play.1 for s and second for sl.

Last edited:

XDA_h3n

Sep 20, 2011
On Earth!
No error.but adb is not detected.
Not even in device manager.
Bytheway can u give me frmework-res.apk from stock rom...i need that.

Edit: when i normally connect,i got 2 auto play.1 for s and second for sl.

Yeah this has happened to me when I bought my phone. I did some very hard tinkering to get it to work :eek: - I think it was forcing the install with device manager.

Before we see anything else - make sure adb is updated to the recent version ;) Also there may have been problems with android drivers if your running windows 8 and 8.1 - which version are you running?

You've said you get 2 autoplay dialogs: one for s and one for sl. Is this for just one phone? It seems like you may have installed s and sl drivers...

I'm currently not running a stock rom so I can't give you a framework-res.apk :(

Last edited:

nisu4717

Dec 23, 2012
vidhya nagar
Yeah this has happened to me when I bought my phone. I did some very hard tinkering to get it to work :eek: - I think it was forcing the install with device manager.

Before we see anything else - make sure adb is updated to the recent version ;) Also there may have been problems with android drivers if your running windows 8 and 8.1 - which version are you running?

You've said you get 2 autoplay dialogs: one for s and one for sl. Is this for just one phone? It seems like you may have installed s and sl drivers...

I'm currently not running a stock rom so I can't give you a framework-res.apk :(

M running windows 7.
For drivers,i hav installed every driver comes with flash tool.
For my sl i got 2 autoplay.

XDA_h3n

Sep 20, 2011
On Earth!
M running windows 7.
For drivers,i hav installed every driver comes with flash tool.
For my sl i got 2 autoplay.

To be honest, I've tried all of the troubleshooting tips... I dont the problem myself :( Wait and see for someone to reply if not go to the sony xperia support forums where they can help you a bit more as they're a bit more active than us in terms of helping. XDA is more of a developer forum where people develop and collabrate.

Apparently, there has been *some* issues with usb 3. Try usb 2 just for compatibilites sake. If not then continue reading

Also read this thread

And this could also help:
Quoted from the thread posted:

I've got an Xperia S and I'm using Windows 7 SP1 (x64). Had the same problem but this is what worked for me:

First of all disable USB debugging mode on your Xperia S. If your phone's connected to your pc/laptop disconnect it and then open CMD by typing 'cmd' in the start menu's search box. Then type this exactly as it is:

net localgroup Administrators "local service" /add

After this step, exit CMD. Now connect your phone and it should get detected by PCC and your computer :smileyhappy: Hope this helps!

If you know the device manager port then this should help

Quoted from microsoft kb support (kb 817900)

Method 3: Disable and re-enable the USB controller
Use Device Manager to disable and re-enable all the USB controllers. This lets the controllers recover the USB port from its unresponsive condition. The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager. If you are not comfortable with advanced troubleshooting, try the steps in the "Workaround" section.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

Click Start, and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.
Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.
Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.
Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.
Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

If the USB port recognizes the device and if you can use the device, you are finished.

If this method fixed the problem, you are finished. If this method did not fix the problem, go to the "Workaround" section.

Last edited:

bikeriderr1

May 24, 2014
Ive had the same problem. I used flashtool with the stock ROM. I used flash mode with the stock ROM. When booting the device with USB cable i pressed volume down before pushing cable in and then i pushed cable in. Sorry for the laggy english

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Xperia S met Tapatalk