Sound threw Auxiliary audio

Search This thread

inc0gn3gr0

Oct 20, 2010
My roommate and I are having the same issue where our auxiliary ports. We tested 3 different cables on 2 Toyotas and a VW. It looks like there is a issue with how the ports are grounded in the Toyotas, is this a software or hardware issue? In Toyotas the phone could not recognize if it was connected to headphones, auxilary or not connect at all. It would constantly switch between the 3. And end up often choosing to play sound through the phone speakers. The VW had no issues.

Any fixes or suggestions?

Dec 16, 2012
Same problem here. If I put in the cable the icon shows up for a second and than disappears. When I touch the other end of the cable while it is plugged in, the icon shows up permanently

Dec 16, 2012
What kind of car are you driving?

On my car (Honda Civic Eg with Jvc Radio) everything is ok, on the car of my chief with an fm transmitter the aux icon disappears within a second. On my old Moto Razr I everything worked as expected. I dont know if its a software issue or hardware issue. Maybe I give this phone back, I'm not sure, I like it but this aux issue really annoys me.

inc0gn3gr0

Oct 20, 2010
On my car (Honda Civic Eg with Jvc Radio) everything is ok, on the car of my chief with an fm transmitter the aux icon disappears within a second. On my old Moto Razr I everything worked as expected. I dont know if its a software issue or hardware issue. Maybe I give this phone back, I'm not sure, I like it but this aux issue really annoys me.

2011 Camry 2010 Corolla the icon for aux might show, the icon for headphone might show or nothing. It is random and I don't know if it is hardware or software.

colbyfink

Apr 12, 2010
Nashville
Having the same issue. There is another thread about it as well. Really bums me out because I love this phone but I use music through my phone in the car quite often.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app