[APP][PATCHED][4.0+] Chrome Beta - Allow Move2SD - 14/03/12

Search This thread

lenny_kano

I will update the main post to clarify that this will only work on devices that the first chrome beta works on. All that I've done is remove the check of build.prop from the new version so it will accept the device, but it won't make it work if the original beta doesn't work.

archerross

Feb 25, 2012
St. Louis
Should this work on ics-deck-inc alpha 5 rom? I got it to install and open, but it doesn't actually function. It will not load a web page or sync chrome bookmarks. I'm running the deck rom from the SD card using Boot manager app. Might this be an issue?

willisjm193

Apr 26, 2011
Newport, NC
I like the build.prop fix.. using this apk, it would need to be manually updated, right? Still a great job done.

Last edited:

lenny_kano

Should this work on ics-deck-inc alpha 5 rom? I got it to install and open, but it doesn't actually function. It will not load a web page or sync chrome bookmarks. I'm running the deck rom from the SD card using Boot manager app. Might this be an issue?

Sounds like your device doesn't have full hwa, so no.

Hmm not entirely true....my logitech revue has chrome on honeycomb but their requirements are pretty much identical.

At any rate it won't (in anything like its current form) be out for gb/froyo)

I like the build.prop fix.. using this apk, it would need to be manually updated, right? Still a great job done.

Yes. Just like build.prop needs to be edited manually.

Reactions: archerross

mkuehl06

Sep 5, 2011
Kouts
Works flawlessly on my Samsung fascinate running team hacksungs 6.5 ics. Just had to delete the old one and install this via file explorer es.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Reactions: majmuni

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Patched version to allow moving to SD Card (ends up only using 4Mb of internal memory).

[Google removed the custom rom check in the latest version, but had a few people ask about patching to move to sd, so here it is]

Latest Version (14/03/12) - 0.16.4301.23

Download Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?uyjta1swtp0w459

Please note that because I've had to resigned, market updates in the future will fail.

And if you already have chrome installed, you'll have to uninstall before updating to the patched version, as the signatures don't match.

Do not attempt to use this if the first Chrome beta doesn't work on your rom, or if you are not running an ICS based rom. This will not help you there.

Screenshot_2012-02-07-18-14-07.png

Screenshot_2012-02-07-18-14-15.png

Screenshot_2012-02-07-18-16-41.png

Screenshot_2012-02-07-18-14-01.png

Images thanks to Quinny899
    Nice work. This version actually works much better on the n1 than the previous.
    Even if it has ics ?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

No. Just like an i686 compiled program cant run on an i586 cpu.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium
    This zip is not installable in recovery modus -> nothing happens.
    No apk?

It is a .apk in the OP, try a different browser

Sent from my ice cream powered Nexus S
    Will it work on armv6 devices ?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

As said above, no

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA Premium HD app