Search This thread

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
You quoted the wrong. I was just talking about the Gflops and tried to get an result of the possible Gl Score.
As the 544Mp3 Gflops (shipping frequency) are exactly between the Ip5 and the Ipad4, wouldnt that mean the fps are also exactly in the middle of both?
With the 30 of the Ip5 and the 50 of the Ipad4, that would result in ~40fps
Or is that just to simple?

i fixed the quote, sorry

as for the scores, they told anand they will run it at 533mhz

i highly doubt it the thermals would be just insane, lets remember the 544MP3 is an actual 3 cores GPU + 4x CPUs

I anticipate 45fps, this would make more sense of their s600 counterpart (4fps difference)

lets remember the reported rumours of high temperatures, 533mhz is just impossible the iPhone runs its similar GPU at 300mhz and still gets so hot

Last edited:

vegetaleb

I invite you to check the mobilereview page about the One, he has tons of real pics of the silver One worth seeing,the page is in Russian
http://www.mobile-review.com/articles/2013/htc-one.shtml

02.jpg

01.jpg

08.jpg

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
anyway ive been thinking a lot about Adreno 320, the architecture is truely next gen

so here is what im thinking, the GPU is clocked at a modest 400mhz on the N4 like we all know (or a little higher on the One's s600)

given how stable it is like already confirmed im assuming its 400mhz and the increase is drivers

custom development can take it all the way to 550mhz land

i would reduce the quad to 1300 and OC the GPU for gaming

damn...seems HamdiR will be needed in the HTC One gaming land to fend off the SGS4 :angel:

Last edited:

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
Hrmmm... silver front+back, white sides and antenna stripes, and black screen. I like the contrast on the front, but overall I think it's a bit messy. Would have preferred a nicely done silver/black but I think this time I will get the slightly more boring black - at least it's consistent ;)

M.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

anyway ive been thinking a lot about Adreno 320, the architecture is truely next gen

so here is what im thinking, the GPU is clocked at a modest 400mhz on the N4 like we all know (or a little higher on the One's s600)

given how stable it is like already confirmed im assuming its 400mhz and the increase is drivers

custom development can take it all the way to 550mhz land

i would reduce the quad to 1300 and OC the GPU for gaming

damn...seems HamdiR will be needed in the HTC One gaming land to fend off the SGS4 :angel:

I like the way you are thinking ;)

M.

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Yep!
Though I hate the silver's sides totally now,why did they use this cheap plastic?
The black is way better on this angle

htc-one-black-photos-preview-6.jpg

i highly doubt the plastic is cheap dont worry, the sides are also white not silver (non painted white ploycarbonate)

i would love the black, the black One V is divine, but but but my problem is that i want to give this device to my wife later on

im also worried about the slippery non coated version of the silver, black would most likely be better in this area

Last edited:

Brac20

Mar 14, 2012
Yep!
Though I hate the silver's sides totally now,why did they use this cheap plastic?
The black is way better on this angle

htc-one-black-photos-preview-6.jpg

The white edge is growing on me, i like the contrast between the white plastic and the silver aluminium. Each to their own though, I really want to see the black and silver in good lighting together before I make my decision.

vegetaleb

The white edge is growing on me, i like the contrast between the white plastic and the silver aluminium. Each to their own though, I really want to see the black and silver in good lighting together before I make my decision.

Don't take me wrong,I love the silver One but in this side the black is the winner.
Doesn't it feel a little dull? Perhaps they would have use a black volume rocker...

07.jpg

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
This one for Jonas :)

black metal sides protecting the glass are very visible here (in usual HTC fashion and unlike the SGS3 where the screen was less unprotected by a metal frame)

11.jpg

i have to say one thing though, this doesnt really look like a "gapless" design

in fact there are way more seams then the One X

Last edited:
Reactions: jonas2295

jonas2295

Jan 4, 2010
Bavaria
AW: HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One - Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 - Mega Information Thread

This one for Jonas :)

black metal sides protecting the glass are very visible here (in usual HTC fashion and unlike the SGS3 where the screen was less unprotected by a metal frame)

11.jpg

i have to say one thing though, this doesnt really look like a "gapless" design

in fact there are way more seams then the One X

Yeah that's a nice design feature.
And thanks for thinking of me haha.
I am still undecided between Silver and black -.- I know I will use some kind of case so the grip doesn't matter to me.
All my phones have been black lol. And the silver one I had in my hands looked great but didn't have a black one in my hands.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Dr. lele

Nov 4, 2010
Moto G
Xiaomi Poco F1
Gaming Performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zkFW0D8T5k

After this video I'm not concerned about the GPU performance anymore. And if hamdir's right we can achieve even 20% more performance (or even more) through overclocking so there won't be any problems with games.

I like the idea of underclocking the CPU and overclocking the GPU. As I played with it in an O2-Shop there was absolutely no difference between Energy Saving Mode or normal in UI performance or Temple Run 2. That might be not the most demanding game btu it was the only preloaded game. So I think hamdir was right with the really overpowered CPU in the S600.

Reactions: ZeroRilix

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Some hope for gamers, Real Racing 3 running on Droid DNA, lets hope fire monkeys update their other game Need For Speed Most Wanted soon

yes but this is video worries me, its very laggy, i cant tell if its the famous HTC ondemand governor issue or actually the GPU not being able to keep up

here are the comments of dr. lelle's video poster
Little better. When I had the Rezound, it seemed all I could access was UNO. With the DNA, I can get Asphalt 7, Dark Knight, NOVA 3, Wild Blood, Modern Combat 3 and Spiderman. Some older games are still missing and I'm not sure why Modern Combat 4 isn't available (arguably their biggest hit). BTW, not sure if it's an HTC/Qualcomm thing, but EA seems to be leaving the Droid DNA out of the loop. No Need for Speed Most Wanted, Dead Space, Bejeweled 2, FIFA 12, Mass Effect, Real Racing 2, NBA JAM...

and check this blog

http://itouchfiendsf.4ormat.com/

Last edited:

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zkFW0D8T5k

After this video I'm not concerned about the GPU performance anymore. And if hamdir's right we can achieve even 20% more performance (or even more) through overclocking so there won't be any problems with games.

I like the idea of underclocking the CPU and overclocking the GPU. As I played with it in an O2-Shop there was absolutely no difference between Energy Saving Mode or normal in UI performance or Temple Run 2. That might be not the most demanding game btu it was the only preloaded game. So I think hamdir was right with the really overpowered CPU in the S600.

ok for those who missed out on our work over the One X forum

there are two angles with HTC devices and game performance

1- the actual hardware power (mainly GPU)

2- HTC's default ondermand CPU governor is miserable for games causing severe lags, switching to interactive or using gaming boost apps solves the issue

so, i saw a video of temple run 2 running on the DNA and it was stuttering, on the One X its locked 60fps if you use interactive or gaming boost in full effects

my question to you how was it running on the One? i would like to know if the governor side was at least dealt with

ps: it kinda sucks we have to go through this again

Last edited:

Dr. lele

Nov 4, 2010
Moto G
Xiaomi Poco F1
ps: it kinda sucks we have to go through this again

Yeah it rally does. I set Temple Run 2 on full quality and simply played it. In Energy saving mode I had 1 slowdown in about 5 minutes of playing.
But I'm pretty sure it did not go below 30 fps. After palying really smoothely for about 5 minutes it was noticeable though. But I'm sure there was
something in the background going on because it only happened once and it was not even a complex scene.

In normal mode the game was absolutely smooth.

The phone was not on the charger but still got pretty warm after about 10 minutes. Not hot, simply much more warm than I'm used to with my Desire HD.

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Yeah it rally does. I set Temple Run 2 on full quality and simply played it. In Energy saving mode I had 1 slowdown in about 5 minutes of playing.
But I'm pretty sure it did not go below 30 fps. After palying really smoothely for about 5 minutes it was noticeable though. But I'm sure there was
something in the background going on because it only happened once and it was not even a complex scene.

In normal mode the game was absolutely smooth.

The phone was not on the charger but still got pretty warm after about 10 minutes. Not hot, simply much more warm than I'm used to with my Desire HD.

yes warm is normal, One X, SGS3, Nexus 4, iPhone5, iPad so don't mind it

after 5 minutes the slowdown, was it constant? or did it get smooth again (on the same run)?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts