Xperia SP < Xperia V ?

Search This thread

kliiv

Apr 10, 2014
Hello guys :)

I have a question about Xperia SP & Xperia V !

I want to buy the phone that has the less bugs, software/hardware problems etc..

I think there is not too much difference in performance between the two, so I need an advice please.

I thank you in advance ^^

Pulsa

Sep 15, 2013
Jakarta

I want to buy the phone that has the less bugs, software/hardware problems etc..

I think there is not too much difference in performance between the two, so I need an advice please.

The performance differences is huge enough, especially in GPU. You only need to choose between good SoC or water resistant

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: kliiv

kliiv

Apr 10, 2014
I think there is no any reason why would you buy an older xperia V

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app

The performance differences is huge enough, especially in GPU. You only need to choose between good SoC or water resistant

But don't you think that Xperia SP has more problems than Xperia V ? I mean serious problems like bugs, lags, software bugs... and then the performance of Xperia SP won't mean anything.

freedom74

Feb 22, 2011
Belgrade
I've been used latest Sony update 12.1.A.1.201 which solved many bugs
RAM management issue and LED issue when playing music in Walkman app
Only thing that bugging me is enabled LED during a call.
Other than that and with RAM management solved I see no lags or any other misbehaving with my phone.

So latest FW is almost perfect for average user and everyday use.
I don't like it's bloatware but with root, you can remove those app you don't want.

Also you have many stock based custom ROMs and real custom ROM's like
CM10.2, CM11, and Carbon, Mahdi, Vanir...
I tried PureXSP, ExistenZ, Vanir, MIUI...
and currently I am on Carbon KitKat build

I don't know about Xperia V but I'm sure if you search forum you will found as many bugs for V as for SP :eek:

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5364&idPhone2=4958

kliiv

Apr 10, 2014
Other than that and with RAM management solved I see no lags or any other misbehaving with my phone.

I don't like it's bloatware but with root, you can remove those app you don't want.

I don't know about Xperia V but I'm sure if you search forum you will found as many bugs for V as for SP :eek:

Ok, I understand.
Thank you ^^

TechKiel

Feb 19, 2013
Ok, I understand.
Thank you ^^

I've had both Xperia V and Xperia SP.

In STOCK conditions, I could confidently say that Xperia V > Xperia SP.

Xperia SP may have superior hardware compared to Xperia V but Xperia V has significantly less bugs, a better STILL camera, superb RAM Management, and you even get water resistance up to 1m and 30mins (with that, I would usually clean my Xperia V by soaking it in a dipper filled with water).

However, Xperia V is also ageing well and the same goes with official software updates from Sony. Xperia SP has more chances of getting another software update than Xperia V.

Although Xperia SP has all these annoying bugs, there are plenty of devs who created ROMs that have fixed/mitigated these bugs. The subsequent software update [12.1.A.1.201] has also patched critical bugs such as WiFi issues, Illumination Bar issues, RAM Management (uh, slightly), and others. However some issues still persist such as the screen flickering bug as reported by other xda members (I don't experience this though).

Xperia SP for me has an awesome hardware for a mid-range android device and its performance is only limited by such ugly stock rom. But hey, isn't that the reason why we are here in xda? :)

kliiv

Apr 10, 2014

Xperia SP may have superior hardware compared to Xperia V but Xperia V has significantly less bugs, a better STILL camera, superb RAM Management, and you even get water resistance up to 1m and 30mins (with that, I would usually clean my Xperia V by soaking it in a dipper filled with water).

However, Xperia V is also ageing well and the same goes with official software updates from Sony. Xperia SP has more chances of getting another software update than Xperia V.

Although Xperia SP has all these annoying bugs, there are plenty of devs who created ROMs that have fixed/mitigated these bugs. The subsequent software update [12.1.A.1.201] has also patched critical bugs such as WiFi issues, Illumination Bar issues, RAM Management (uh, slightly), and others. However some issues still persist such as the screen flickering bug as reported by other xda members (I don't experience this though).

Xperia SP for me has an awesome hardware for a mid-range android device and its performance is only limited by such ugly stock rom. But hey, isn't that the reason why we are here in xda? :)

Thank you for the explanation, I really appreciate it,

I'm going to get XSP then !

( I think that Xperia SP has less chance of getting a new update cause it may get even more bugs if they updated it to KitKat )

Buy samsung

No thanks ! I don't like the ugly design of samsung, and it's the same on all the samsung devices !

wiidbzxt

Jan 13, 2011
Cuautitlán Izcalli
In my opinion, Xperia V has a better camera, display and it's water resistant.

Xperia SP has a slightly bigger (not so good) display, so-so build quality (my on/off button has broke twice), mediocre camera, but great looks and a good processing power and MIGHT get Android 4.4 (I doubt it).

So it's up to you to decide which do you like the most.

kliiv

Apr 10, 2014

Xperia SP has a slightly bigger (not so good) display, so-so build quality (my on/off button has broke twice), mediocre camera, but great looks and a good processing power and MIGHT get Android 4.4 (I doubt it).

I'm going to buy XSP, and I like its screen size it's perfect :) not small not too big !

I hope I won't get any lags or problems with it, even on the 4.3 ^^ ( because I know some people that don't have any minor or major bug with this update, it's 100% working bug free ! )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think there is no any reason why would you buy an older xperia V

Ok, I understand.
    Thank you ^^