Extreme PowerSaving Mode UPDATED FOR NEW OTA

Search This thread

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
just finished getting this working on our VZW flavor. Original Post was from jkt97401 in the Sprint thread,

Must be S-Off http://firewater-soff.com/
Flash with CWM CWM VZW M8
Or TWRP

flash and enjoy the EXTREME POWER SAVER mode

Extreme_PS_1.12.605.11_VZW.mms.zip - 9.55 MB

Updated Extreme Power Saving mode for the OTA update of 1.55.605.2
Extreme_PS_1.55.605.2_VZW.wsms.zip - 9.55 MB

Just a side note, I have already done the mod on my personal phone to enable normal power saving mode, this "may" be necessary, however since I'm not planning on wiping my phone to test. "IF" after flashing this you do not see the options under /settings / power you may want to do that mod here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701909

Last edited:

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
Flashing now will report back

Sent from my Insane powered M8 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Flashed with TWRP just fine for me. Ty

hajabooja

Nov 23, 2007
Flashing now will report back

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Flashed with TWRP just fine for me. Ty

Had you previously enabled the "Normal Power Saving Mode"?

Reactions: holla420

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
uploadfromtaptalk1397004904118.jpg here's a pic

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
Ok after turning on the extreme mode and click on messages it says app not installed. Just a heads up

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Ok after turning on the extreme mode and click on messages it says app not installed. Just a heads up

i just saw that, the ActivityManager is denying permission to the com.htc.powersavinglauncher to access com.htc.sense.mms.. not sure why yet, still looking thru the log

Edit: found the propblem for MMS uploading fix now;

the MMS.apk for 1.12.605.11 does not have the added permisions in the manifest for the new com.htc.powersavinglauncher.. fix in OP

or here Extreme_PS_1.12.605.11_VZW.mms.zip - 9.55 MB

Last edited:

thewagdy

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa City
It is doing android upgrading for like 20 minutes now. It finished and did the same thing. Settings force Closed.

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
It is doing android upgrading for like 20 minutes now. It finished and did the same thing. Settings force Closed.

Did u make any changes to your settings.apk or any other mods ( that aren't mine?)
If you still have issues and your stock paste.bin a logcat of you booting on...wait a few do what ever u do to recreate the FC , stop the log and upload it in paste.bin then post a link

sent from:)::§:::)

Masa6GCS

Mar 31, 2012
Just flashed the mms zip file and everything is working fine now issues and messages works now in extreme powersave. Thanks

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just finished getting this working on our VZW flavor. Original Post was from jkt97401 in the Sprint thread,

Must be S-Off http://firewater-soff.com/
    Flash with CWM CWM VZW M8
    Or TWRP

flash and enjoy the EXTREME POWER SAVER mode

Extreme_PS_1.12.605.11_VZW.mms.zip - 9.55 MB

Updated Extreme Power Saving mode for the OTA update of 1.55.605.2
    Extreme_PS_1.55.605.2_VZW.wsms.zip - 9.55 MB

Just a side note, I have already done the mod on my personal phone to enable normal power saving mode, this "may" be necessary, however since I'm not planning on wiping my phone to test. "IF" after flashing this you do not see the options under /settings / power you may want to do that mod here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701909
    I think my backup has the extreme PS mod. Does the backup also restore runtime back to dalvik? I am not sure. What does the mod change to add the extreme PS? Is it just config changes that I can restore to remove the mid? I am not sure, thanks

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Instructions to revert ART
    1. Boot into recovery.
    2. Run adb shell to access terminal.
    3. Type 'rm /data/property/persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib' This will remove setting default VM runtime to ART.
    4. Clear Dalvik cache and reboot. Your phone should run normally now.

sent from:)::§:::)
    Noob question here....what is art? And how do we keep the "normal power save mode " button seen in the screen shots if flashing this?

Art=android run time

i just saw that, the ActivityManager is denying permission to the com.htc.powersavinglauncher to access com.htc.sense.mms.. not sure why yet, still looking thru the log

Edit: found the propblem for MMS uploading fix now;

the MMS.apk for 1.12.605.11 does not have the added permisions in the manifest for the new com.htc.powersavinglauncher.. fix in OP

or here Extreme_PS_1.12.605.11_VZW.mms.zip - 9.55 MB
    If you set extreme to automatically turn on at 20% battery etc, does this actually work? User has stated it does not and no one else has chimed in on this possible bug.

I gotta wait till it drains to test it again, and knowing THIS phone, it might take a while :p