4.28.11 Xoom Update delayed....No ETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

keitht

Dec 21, 2005
Delray Beach, FL
If you go to settings > About Tablet and see Android version 3.0.1 you got the last update. It was probably already installed on WiFi version.

Didact74

Sep 2, 2010
Lake Shore, MD
so if I understand this correctly, this update will allow me to hook up my DSLR directly via USB and view/download pics? Freaking awesome!!

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Will this apply to wifi only Xoom as well?

I thought the Wifi only version of the Xoom used different flash files than the VZW 3G Xoom? So if my understanding on that is correct.. then no it wont work on the wifi only.

I know the VZW 3G Xoom update pdf says its HMJ07B, but for the Wifi only Xoom what about the HWI69 version at -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1052644 (which has links to Moto's web site) ? how similar are they?

ghodzilla5150

Jul 6, 2010
San Bernardino, CA
WHERE THE HECK IS THE MICRO SDCARD BEING UPDATED TO WORK!!!!!!! All that other CRAP is nice, BUT WE WANT TO USE OUR MICRO SD SLOT. I would also like a higher throughput using 802.11 N 5ghz. Should be greater than 72mbps (since I have the Netgear 4000 N750) I should see at least 200-300 mbps. I can get 130mbps on my laptop using 2.4ghz.

This update SUCKS as is, Hopefully there's more. Come on Moto/Google, LISTEN TO YOUR PAYING (HIGH PAYING) CUSTOMERS. I am not to thrilled with this update.BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

At least with Bluetooth support I can use my new TurtleBeach PX5 to listen to Music and Watch Movies on my Xoom. Still not thrilled thou.

I would also like to print straight from web-sites or my e-mail like I could on my iPad 2 (I sure do miss that function). Being able to print to my Wireless Printer via my Network IS an Amazing feature, especially when you miss it (After doing it with my iPad 2 effortlessly). Printing Wirelessly needs to be a TOP Priority at Google. This SHOULD all be done without adding an App or 3rd party software as Apple included it in their device with AirPrint..

Reactions: DJPrescher

B Dizzle

Jun 29, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
That will not force the update, it just shows the status of the last update that was performed

To force an update check simply change the date to a couple days ahead. Right after doing that go to About / System updates and it should show the last check in to be around the time you have on your clock. If it does not check in then reboot and it should.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

Reactions: marctronixx

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
Cool, did you try this?

To force an update check simply change the date to a couple days ahead. Right after doing that go to About / System updates and it should show the last check in to be around the time you have on your clock. If it does not check in then reboot and it should.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

laredo7mm

Jun 29, 2007
WHERE THE HECK IS THE MICRO SDCARD BEING UPDATED TO WORK!!!!!!! All that other CRAP is nice, BUT WE WANT TO USE OUR MICRO SD SLOT. I would also like a higher throughput using 802.11 N 5ghz. Should be greater than 72mbps (since I have the Netgear 4000 N750) I should see at least 200-300 mbps. I can get 130mbps on my laptop using 2.4ghz.

This update SUCKS as is, Hopefully there's more. Come on Moto/Google, LISTEN TO YOUR PAYING (HIGH PAYING) CUSTOMERS. I am not to thrilled with this update.BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

At least with Bluetooth support I can use my new TurtleBeach PX5 to listen to Music and Watch Movies on my Xoom. Still not thrilled thou.

I would also like to print straight from web-sites or my e-mail like I could on my iPad 2 (I sure do miss that function). Being able to print to my Wireless Printer via my Network IS an Amazing feature, especially when you miss it (After doing it with my iPad 2 effortlessly). Printing Wirelessly needs to be a TOP Priority at Google. This SHOULD all be done without adding an App or 3rd party software as Apple included it in their device with AirPrint..

Like I said in another forum...It sure would have been nice if would have returned your Xoom to spare us all from your manic depressive bipolar rants....

Kalavere

Feb 12, 2010
so if I understand this correctly, this update will allow me to hook up my DSLR directly via USB and view/download pics? Freaking awesome!!

Is this true? This would amazing, I am off to NY at the end of next month and bring able to shoot in RAW and transfer to the Xoom for bulk storage would be awesome.

laredo7mm

Jun 29, 2007
He posted the same thing in the comments section for Engadget....

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA Premium App

Not suprising. At first he was ranting and raving about not having the SD card working and then a few weeks ago he posts a diatribe on the Motorola Owner's Forum (and maybe here too) about how he has decided to keep his Xoom because it is best thing since sliced bread. Now he is back to hating it again.

I even saw him flip flop within minutes. One minute he was 80% certain he was returning it, then the next minute, he wasn't....:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, ok... Thread has degraded once again.

We've tried to clean this up, but have no choice other than to close the thread. Plus, the date has come and gone. The OTA has been delayed.

Thread closed.

Like I said in another forum...It sure would have been nice if would have returned your Xoom to spare us all from your manic depressive bipolar rants....
    Hey, can I be on that list, too? I don't wanna have to go through explaining what logic and reason is every time I give my opinion here.

And you other high & mighty rooted Android device owning developer wish-you-could-bes, y'all need to come down to Earth and get over yourselves. Become aware of the fact that you stand in the very small minority of Xoom owners, and as such, rooting to gain something like an SD card support work-around is simply not an option to the overwhelmingly vast majority of Xoom owners.
    In short, have some consideration for those people who don't know how to do this stuff. It's not hard, really. I do, and my Xoom is hacked same as yours, as was my V3m, K1M, Canon TX1...
    The difference is that I haven't let myself become short sighted about it that I can't sympathize with those who don't have that experience.
    Some of you are doing an injustice to the hardworking developers here at this forum by showing such little empathy.
    I'm going on the record here and now. Wait for us to take a good look at the patch then let us make something flashable for you. Number 1 rule of being root; NEVER EVER EVER EVER take an OTA! Do not download it if you enjoy being root. If you do download it, against my advice, and lose root forever, please come by #xoom so I can laugh at you. OTA = FALE

Hope that wasn't harsh :rolleyes: