HTC extended battery

Search This thread

318sugarhill

Aug 31, 2010
Just got the extended battery from a VZW store for 50% off. That's $25. Can't beat that. Just figured I'd pass this along. It might just be a weekend sale to go along with the sale of the phone for $50 this weekend.

Reactions: 1454 and antp121

CharliesTheMan

Just in case this information is useful, I think all corporate stores are selling their HTC batteries 50% off still. It has to be a verizon corporate store though meaning not a third party reseller.

I know the rezound regular and extended have been 50% off for quite sometime and I think I remember it applies to more phones than the rezound, either all their batteries or all their HTC batteries.

I have the extended battery and really like it a lot, the phone still feels great in my hand, back cover is high quality and the battery I got has been of great quality.

Also, Verizon has a pretty decent extended battery case, I believe it's the one that comes with the snap in holster clip but I'm not positive about that. There are other companies making cases that you might like better, just depends on preference. But I wanted to mention it so you could at least look at it if you go to get a battery.

Eurynomus

Apr 9, 2012
For what its worth..
Logged into my vzw acct and it only gave me a discount of 44.99 for the extended battery, cleared my cart and logged out of my account now it gave me the 50% discount of 29.99 (from 59.99), logged back in and it kept the price. You won't see the discount until you add it to your cart.
Not sure if it was a glitch or Verizon trying to get more money out of its customers.
But hopefully this helps anyone looking to buy this.

Reactions: 1454

Dec 18, 2008
Charlotte
I think you mean 29.99? At least that is what it gives me. I just ordered the rezound this afternoon.

Edit, just bought it for 29.99.

Last edited:

Dec 18, 2008
Charlotte
Did you add it to your cart? I didn't show up for me until I logged out and logged back in, then added it to my cart. I think I paid 32.16 after taxes. But it showed up as 44.99 for me before logging out and back in.

Reactions: antp121

antp121

Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey
Did you add it to your cart? I didn't show up for me until I logged out and logged back in, then added it to my cart. I think I paid 32.16 after taxes. But it showed up as 44.99 for me before logging out and back in.

Hmm I'll try again

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

EDIT: got the $29.99 price in cart! thanks!

Last edited:

Dec 18, 2008
Charlotte
I think Verizon has been doing 50% off extended batteries for 4G phones to alleviate the issues that people are having with batteries not lasting through the day. I remember something being said on phones arena back a few months ago.

RKight

Aug 27, 2010
Louisville
A month ago, when I bought my phone (at a corporate store), I got my extended battery and a gel case, that fit the extended battery, for $40 plus tax.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

txkorm

Nov 24, 2007
San Antonio
The sale has been on forever it seems. If you are ordering online, make sure you're not logged in to your account. If you are at the store, make them ring it up to see the sale price. I know it's hard to believe but the corporate verizon store sales people don't know sh!t.

KORM via the beast known as the Rezound.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Florida
And if you're looking for an additional extended battery (you already have the extended back), you can get a Thunderbolt extended battery real cheap here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0055OTNK4/ref=mp_s_a_13?qid=1334231529&sr=8-13

Note that the picture in the description does not match the actual battery. But go to the htcpedia.com Site and look at the Rezound extended battery options and you'll see that the Thunderbolt extended battery fits just fine in the Rezound and has the exact same model number that is listed in the Amazon link. Mnfg Part #: 35H00149-01M

http://shop.htcpedia.com/htc-thunderbolt-rezound-oem-2750mah-extended-battery.html

And yes, the Thunderbolt extended battery works perfectly fine in the Rezound. Here is my video proving it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikSJgbn5D6Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

homer169

Apr 18, 2010
What I have read its that the thunderbolt battery does work in the rezound, however, it doesn't report the voltages and temperature correctly. Are you experiencing something different?

Sent from my rooted slightly modified Rezound using XDA

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
What I have read its that the thunderbolt battery does work in the rezound, however, it doesn't report the voltages and temperature correctly. Are you experiencing something different?

Sent from my rooted slightly modified Rezound using XDA

After watching his video, it seems the extended battery from the Thunderbolt is the exact same extended battery in the rezound. Just a different color, he showed that it was reading the percentages the same as the stock extended.

texascbx

Oct 19, 2009
I ordered the battery and extended door yesterday from Verizon for 29.99 too. I was not logged in. The 29.99 did not show up until I checked my cart and there it was.:D

antp121

Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey
And if you're looking for an additional extended battery (you already have the extended back), you can get a Thunderbolt extended battery real cheap here:

Note that the picture in the description does not match the actual battery. But go to the htcpedia.com Site and look at the Rezound extended battery options and you'll see that the Thunderbolt extended battery fits just fine in the Rezound and has the exact same model number that is listed in the Amazon link. Mnfg Part #: 35H00149-01M

http://shop.htcpedia.com/htc-thunderbolt-rezound-oem-2750mah-extended-battery.html

And yes, the Thunderbolt extended battery works perfectly fine in the Rezound. Here is my video proving it:

Thanks for the vid. do you know anywhere to get the back??
EDIT:
the thunderbolt battery is 5$
the rezound battery door is 25$
25+5=30 plus tax and seperate shipping(cant get at same place for those prices)

the battery+door on Verizon=30$ plus tax and one shipping fee. Verizon suprisingly have a good deal...

Last edited:

Dec 18, 2008
Charlotte
Thanks for the vid. do you know anywhere to get the back??
Amazon had some the other day. But its 20 bucks Plus shipping, so for another 10 you get the official battery itself. I have a tbolt extended battery but I went ahead and got the official one because I wasn't really saving anything by just buying the battery door.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just got the extended battery from a VZW store for 50% off. That's $25. Can't beat that. Just figured I'd pass this along. It might just be a weekend sale to go along with the sale of the phone for $50 this weekend.
    You are one brave soul if you are going to put that in your phone.

That's an interesting outlook. I have been using one of these for nearly two months now with no issues. It has worked perfectly. I have another actual HTC extended battery which I alternate with this one and there is no perceivable difference between the two.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk 2
    For what its worth..
    Logged into my vzw acct and it only gave me a discount of 44.99 for the extended battery, cleared my cart and logged out of my account now it gave me the 50% discount of 29.99 (from 59.99), logged back in and it kept the price. You won't see the discount until you add it to your cart.
    Not sure if it was a glitch or Verizon trying to get more money out of its customers.
    But hopefully this helps anyone looking to buy this.
    What are you all using for cases for this battery? i like the hard silicon was for the normal battery(aren't bulky). But i think I might get an extended one for vacations and stuff, that take frequently... i thought I saw it posted somewhere but I can't find it now.

These are what I bought:

Case

Battery

Back Cover

Everything is working awesome. For under $50...You can't go wrong!