[App][4.0+] Complex Numbers Calculator

Search This thread

WeissenbornC

Sep 10, 2010
Bonn
Hello XDADevs,

I have built an Android App that should work as a calculator for complex numbers. It can do simple tasks such as add two numbers but can also factorize a polynomial or solve one for its roots. I have created different layouts for Smartphones and Tablets and would like feedback from user here. Of course, anyone is welcome, but I'd especially like someone with a mathmatical background to try and make my calculations break. ;) Results can be easily shared in text format.

The app can be downloaded via Google Play here and is available in english and german:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.vertedge.complexnumbers

Last edited:

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
@WeissenbornC I have a further maths exam in a few months which includes lots of this sort of stuff, and although I wasn't looking for an app like this, I saw the name had "numbers" in and was interested :p it looks like it would definitely be useful for checking if I've correctly found roots of polynomials like you say and things like that; I'll do some revision over the weekend and see if your app gets the right answers! (Hopefully I will too :silly: )

Reactions: WeissenbornC

adamryanx

Dec 27, 2012
Hello XDADevs,

I have built an Android App that should work as a calculator for complex numbers. It can do simple tasks such as add two numbers but can also factorize a polynomial or solve one for its roots. I have created different layouts for Smartphones and Tablets and would like feedback from user here. Of course, anyone is welcome, but I'd especially like someone with a mathmatical background to try and make my calculations break. ;) Results can be easily shared in text format.

The app can be downloaded via Google Play here and is available in english and german:

Looks great!

WeissenbornC

Sep 10, 2010
Bonn
I'll do some revision over the weekend and see if your app gets the right answers! (Hopefully I will too :silly: )
Thanks, I hope the app will help. The limitation is that results are found as decimal values, e.g. the square root of 2 will be 1.41... The exact result depends on the number format, which you can set yourself in the settings.

As another mathematician from Bonn - I like this app :)
Hello there. :highfive:

specially the matriz part...
I hope I didn't disappoint too much: The matrix part leads to my other app on the playstore, which is free for real (meaning java double) numbers, but does cost money for complex numbers. The amount of money should be less than your average chocolate bar however. ;)

Thanks all for the feedback, it's very much appreciated.

Reactions: surf_dan

WeissenbornC

Sep 10, 2010
Bonn
I wanted to thank you guys for bringing my app to the front page. I was surprised and it still gets me smiling to this day that the best resource I know out there on mobile development noticed my little dot on the screen of the app world.

I also changed the name of the app to "Complex Numbers Calculator", because, after all, to be seen takes more than making a great app today.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDADevs,

@WeissenbornC I have a further maths exam in a few months which includes lots of this sort of stuff, and although I wasn't looking for an app like this, I saw the name had "numbers" in and was interested :p it looks like it would definitely be useful for checking if I've correctly found roots of polynomials like you say and things like that; I'll do some revision over the weekend and see if your app gets the right answers! (Hopefully I will too :silly: )

:good:
    I'll do some revision over the weekend and see if your app gets the right answers! (Hopefully I will too :silly: )
    Thanks, I hope the app will help. The limitation is that results are found as decimal values, e.g. the square root of 2 will be 1.41... The exact result depends on the number format, which you can set yourself in the settings.

Hello there. :highfive:

specially the matriz part...
    I hope I didn't disappoint too much: The matrix part leads to my other app on the playstore, which is free for real (meaning java double) numbers, but does cost money for complex numbers. The amount of money should be less than your average chocolate bar however. ;)

Thanks all for the feedback, it's very much appreciated.