[REF][GPE] Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition Stock OTA URLs

Search This thread

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Modems and recoveries for the latest versions are now posted in their respective threads.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Google released the Feb security releases for the Nexus devices. Let's keep an eye out for the GPE update.

Zephead

Mar 5, 2011
Utah
Modems and recoveries for the latest versions are now posted in their respective threads.

Hello, I want to convert my brother's TMo S4 into the GPE but leave it stock. It's 100% stock right now so I could just root, flash TWRP then flash the GPE ROM and then flash the stock recovery again in ODIN to still get OTAs? Is there a better way like just flashing the GPE ROM in ODIN to begin with to avoid switching back and forth between recoveries? Thanks.

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Hello, I want to convert my brother's TMo S4 into the GPE but leave it stock. It's 100% stock right now so I could just root, flash TWRP then flash the GPE ROM and then flash the stock recovery again in ODIN to still get OTAs? Is there a better way like just flashing the GPE ROM in ODIN to begin with to avoid switching back and forth between recoveries? Thanks.

No. Read the OP of this thread.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Someone in another thread is saying they got prompted today. I'm not seeing it yet. Anyone got the filename or a link?

zielot

Mar 17, 2014
Eagan
How to flash these

I appreciate all the work done by you folks keeping these updates, well, up-to-date.

I read the first couple of posts, a bunch in the middle and a bunch at the end but I still have a couple of questions - perhaps pin the answers to the front of the forum?
  • These downloads represent repackaged OTA updated images - right?
  • Are there checksums for these files (I might trust you but I don't trust anonymous servers)?
  • Are these flashable from recovery (TeamWin) or via Odin or both?

Navitron

Sep 2, 2013
Burien, WA
Not repackaged. Checksums are SHA1 and part of the OTA links themselves and are from googles own servers... (You don't trust Googles server?) These OTA links are only flashable via stock recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: zielot

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
The links we post are where your phone downloads the ota from. Lol. They come from Google directly.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Navitron

Sep 2, 2013
Burien, WA

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-16-21-55-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-16-21-55-48.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 300

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Here's a consolidated list of LMY47O otas, everything from LMY47O.S008.150802 (UDOH2)LMY47O.S008.160301 (UDPC1) was from the previous pages in this thread, most of them were found by Navitron.

Everything after that I found myself directly.

The fact that samsung never bothered making more then 1 ota per update means that it took around 12 hours to update from KTU84P.S001 to LMY47O.S008.160601, even longer if I didn't sideload the otas due how much faster it is to download on a pc after getting the filename

Changelog:
  • Jul 14, 2016: Initial post

Last edited:

fudew

Jan 13, 2017
Here's a consolidated list of LMY47O otas, everything from LMY47O.S008.150802 (UDOH2)LMY47O.S008.160301 (UDPC1) was from the previous pages in this thread, most of them were found by Navitron.

The fact that samsung never bothered making more then 1 ota per update means that it took around 12 hours to update from KTU84P.S001 to LMY47O.S008.160601, even longer if I didn't sideload the otas due how much faster it is to download on a pc after getting the filename

bro, i have the version 151001 on my cellphone. I need to install each one or i can jump to the last one?

fuzzychicken

Feb 20, 2014

Is it possible that the links in the post https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=67739557&postcount=874 can be updated in the OP?

@TheManii,
I am curious how did you find these links out? I have been trying to find the ways to find these links on google servers and found absolutely no info. I am not a developer, just a user, but would like to learn for sure.
Thanks in advance.

P.S. - Will appreciate if you could update this one too, https://xdaforums.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_4/GT-I9505G I can try to do it, but I am not aware of the dates and don't want to screw up the page as I have no experience in this.

Last edited:

Navitron

Sep 2, 2013
Burien, WA
Is it possible that the links in the post https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=67739557&postcount=874 can be updated in the OP?

@TheManii,
I am curious how did you find these links out? I have been trying to find the ways to find these links on google servers and found absolutely no info. I am not a developer, just a user, but would like to learn for sure.
Thanks in advance.

P.S. - Will appreciate if you could update this one too, https://xdaforums.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_4/GT-I9505G I can try to do it, but I am not aware of the dates and don't want to screw up the page as I have no experience in this.

I found the links by checking for update on the phone. Once the OTA was downloaded before installing it I ran a SHA-1 on the zip file and appended that for the download name. I think google changed how they named there OTA download links toward the end of the GPE life. Anyways that's all academic now since GPE program is dead.

If you are still using this phone I recommend LineageOS. https://download.lineageos.org/jfltexx
These are way out of date to recommend using still.

Last edited:
Reactions: fuzzychicken

fuzzychicken

Feb 20, 2014
I found the links by checking for update on the phone. Once the OTA was downloaded before installing it I ran a SHA-1 on the zip file and appended that for the download name. I think google changed how they named there OTA download links toward the end of the GPE life. Anyways that's all academic now since GPE program is dead.

If you are still using this phone I recommend LineageOS. https://download.lineageos.org/jfltexx
These are way out of date to recommend using still.
Thanks, mate.
The reason I asked, I am already on lineage variant ROM. In the process of flashing Oreo ROM, something went wrong and I can not get cell phone data on the phone, nor could I install Oreo ROM due to small partition size. So I went back to 7.1.2 ROM I was using. Everything else works just as good.

I tried to go back to my stock 5.0.1 ROM that I had a backup, still, I can not get it working. Hence, I was thinking if I could flash the stock ROM, maybe I will be able to restore it. There is a thread where there are all stock ROMs listed but when I tried them, none could fix the issue. So I thought if I could get the last update from Google's server directly, maybe it will have everything I need and will be able to fix the issue.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts