[Q] OK Google Option Vanished

Search This thread

msquare

Jun 7, 2009
Singapore
Need some help guys.. I switched from Dalvik to ART for the first time last night, and now the "OK Google" option doesnt work. It used to show up on the home screen in search bar, but not anymore. I've tried everything - language is already English (US), ok google option is checked in settings - search - voice search.

I've tried going back to Dalvik and it doesnt show up there either. I looked up online and apparently if the mic on the google search bar is full, it means ok google is active. In my case, it is full, but ok google just does not work.

Can someone please help? Is this unique to my phone or anyone else faced this issue recently? I couldnt find anything in the forums about this.

Thanks in advance!

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Need some help guys.. I switched from Dalvik to ART for the first time last night, and now the "OK Google" option doesnt work. It used to show up on the home screen in search bar, but not anymore. I've tried everything - language is already English (US), ok google option is checked in settings - search - voice search.

I've tried going back to Dalvik and it doesnt show up there either. I looked up online and apparently if the mic on the google search bar is full, it means ok google is active. In my case, it is full, but ok google just does not work.

Can someone please help? Is this unique to my phone or anyone else faced this issue recently? I couldnt find anything in the forums about this.

Thanks in advance!

say "ok google" slowly

Reactions: msquare

bradellis51

Nov 24, 2013
Go into google now, then go to the menu button at the bottom , then go to voice, then either turn hot word detection on or off depending what it was on. Then restart the device, then turn it back on or off. Finally turn it back on again. This worked for me. Just a quick recalibration of the setting

Reactions: princem131

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance!

say "ok google" slowly
    Go into google now, then go to the menu button at the bottom , then go to voice, then either turn hot word detection on or off depending what it was on. Then restart the device, then turn it back on or off. Finally turn it back on again. This worked for me. Just a quick recalibration of the setting