Tablet Mode Mod --Q & A-- !!!!!!

Search This thread

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
I don't see it either but I have it in my files. I think each update takes place of the last. Is there anyway I can send it to you? I don't remember it being a huge update. Did you flash the hybrid? I think the hybrid has all updates plus some.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

c6e4c99a-5ebd-93f3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: knimrod

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
Yes I have drop box but I'm not too fimilar with it. Give me some steps and its yours.

OK, I'm uploading it to my drop box...just let me know how to post it or give it to you. Ill be about an hour before I'm back on...working.

Reactions: knimrod

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
Has anyone noticed or not able to go landscape on home screen? Lock screen and web pages/apps seem to work but home screen does not. This concerns me, I noticed a few days ago when first running tablet mode that some of my notifications were not visible on the status bar unless I went landscape...I know I could just pull down the bar but I'm wondering about non home screen landscape

Coffinfeeder

Jan 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Has anyone noticed or not able to go landscape on home screen? Lock screen and web pages/apps seem to work but home screen does not. This concerns me, I noticed a few days ago when first running tablet mode that some of my notifications were not visible on the status bar unless I went landscape...I know I could just pull down the bar but I'm wondering about non home screen landscape

You usually have to enable it in the launcher settings. I don't know what you're using but in Apex you definitely have to enable it.

lindenhurst

Feb 22, 2012
I cant get it into landscape mode either. I flashed over Noteworthy ICS.
Not sure why it won't work. Just deleted the ROM until I do a bit more reading. Obviously I'm doing something wrong here.

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
You usually have to enable it in the launcher settings. I don't know what you're using but in Apex you definitely have to enable it.

OK, I got it. I'm using nova and I had to enable it like you said under settings/behaviour. Thanks.

rbmittag

Aug 25, 2011
Is there anyway to be able to get tablet apps on this Rom like adobe collage I have it on the 213dpi dpi i have also tried it at 160dpi and when i try to download that app i get an error msg.

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
Seems like most of the questions and such are being posted on the dev page...but ill post it here since this should be the place its posted in. Does anyone one how to modify the portrait status bar? It seems I only get notifications has quick pop ups on my status bar but if I'm not using my phone at that exact time when I receive an email etc I won't know I have a notification unless I pull up the status bar or rotate to landscape. Great rom but this is sort of a downer and I won't leave the rom because of this but there has to be something that I can do...just look at the screen shots...theres still quite a bit if room on the status bar on portrait mode for notifications, and the landscape picture is of the same notifications.
18eb4312-11ba-94b8.jpg
18eb4312-11d7-5009.jpg

Last edited:

griffinj

Aug 8, 2011
nash2000,

I've been using a free app called notifierpro, and it works well with tablet mode. It shows a banner at the top of the screen (still catches my eye up there better, as opposed to the bottom) whenever there's an sms/missed phone call/etc. You can "click" it to take you to the respective program, or you can dismiss it with a left or right swipe. Worth checking out

Last edited:
Reactions: nash2000

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
nash2000,

I've been using a free app called notifierpro, and it works well with tablet mode. It shows a banner at the top of the screen (still catches my eye up there better, as opposed to the bottom) whenever there's an sms/missed phone call/etc. You can "click" it to take you to the respective program, or you can dismiss it with a left or right swipe. Worth checking out

Thanks, ill check it out. :D

armyboy11b

Feb 10, 2012
new orleans
Anyone know how to get colored signals like wifi and network? whenever i flash tablet mod they go grey.just wondering if anyone has a fixbor a way around it ;) thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    More fix Comin tomorrow

I know he made the Mod for his Alpha ICS Rom, BUT it seems to work on most ICS builds so i am making its own Q&A thread so we can stay out of Noteworthy/Seraphim/Dags thread with questions strictly about this Mod.

so this will be for GENERAL QUESTIONS on this Mod from member to member.....what dpi are you running, are you having issues on a certain Rom, things you would like to tell others about your experiance with this Mod running on your phone.

Have at it Yall!!!!!

on my part i love the Mod, im on seraphim and have had NO ISSUES :D
    Fixing Contacts Force Close

A lot of posts about problems with People or Phone force closing every time they try opening them. I had the same issue and this cleared it up for me.
    Goto:
    Settings>Applications>All> scroll down to logsprovider and select it. Select Clear Data from the next screen, then reboot your phone.

Worked for me, but I can't post this in the big boy forum due to post count. Credit DAGr8 for the solution in the dev thread post #3133. Anyways, hope this helps someone.
    On the link below on the second picture from the top you can see how they clustered 4 small icons together. Is that a third party application or is it something that can be enabled on tablet mode somewhere?

Nexus: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1543892

This can be enabled in the launcher settings. For Apex go to folder settings -> Folder Preview, change to Grid -> then remove the folder background.

Here is my current setup.
    can you switch back to phone mode after flashing the tablet MOD?