Singapore User Group

Search This thread

Mogi

Oct 30, 2006
Anyone root using mobile odin? Or odin pc?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

bigstarrynight

May 14, 2012
can use Kies Air?
An hour ago there's a notice for update but I click later, now it says no update available....don't tell me it depends on where I connect to internet...
You cannot use Kies Air to update firmware it is only an app which allows file management on your phone via pc web browser. You have to use KIES installed on your PC or OTA. Start Kies first, then plug your phone into the USB. Hope that helps ;)

Last edited:

Nayfuslis

Aug 8, 2010
Hello fellow Singaporean. I updated to maysian rom yesterday.. Don't think any different from sg rom right? Anyone can help take screen shot at the settings showing the kernel version. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium App

mancuk29

Mar 22, 2007
Manchester
Hello fellow Singaporean. I updated to maysian rom yesterday.. Don't think any different from sg rom right? Anyone can help take screen shot at the settings showing the kernel version. Thanks

Use the pen press button whilst stylus on touching screen it shoukd do screen captyre after about 2 secs

Nayfuslis

Aug 8, 2010
Use the pen press button whilst stylus on touching screen it shoukd do screen captyre after about 2 secs

Lol.i think you misunderstood me..i know how to take screen shots. Just that i was hoping some one could post the screenshots of their kernel using sg roms

deathst

Dec 24, 2009
Singapore
Anyone noticed that Data connection very bad on this ICS firmwares or it is just Starhub? I can't even do a speed test.

melvinhatred

Mar 9, 2012
i oso have this problem... i tot updated will have better n smoother phone... flashed back to GB... now was even better den it was to be... faster very respondsive...

Markuzy

Apr 21, 2012
Singapore
Wondering if it is possible to use Voodoo OTA root keeper and update via OTA to keep root.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2

lewisteo

Aug 7, 2003
My experiences

i oso have this problem... i tot updated will have better n smoother phone... flashed back to GB... now was even better den it was to be... faster very respondsive...

My experiences IMO, since on ICS, never went back to GB again, performance and Black bandings on GB is noticeably worst once you had experienced ICS.

Should not be the other way around?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try Them All

Thanks lewisteo for your reply. It is actually one of the most fruitful reply i got.
    Regarding the clean install, dont mind sharing how do I do so? Do you mean I can have a choice during the process?

For the alternative kernel, can you also advise any suitable and reliable ones? thanks in advanced.

Apart from stock kernel which is embedded with EMMC bug, the 3 major CF root 5.6 versions, Franco and Speedmod are safe to use.

The above is true if you prefer a stock rom with all Samsung Apps intact example Snote, smemo etc.

If AOSP is an option, it's kernel are all safe to use, you need to try them and then decide.

Apart from these there are also modems of various sorts that can be explored also.

when I say clean install I meant painfully trash all your data of GB origin and start from scratch, full wipe your phone and start afresh. when you are in ICS, and jumping from version to version, you can keep these data as restore alternative.

Again, if you had all your necessary data backup properly example in Gmail or Clouds like dropbox, i really do not see where is a need to restore your GB data.

Again the above is my personal opinions.

The works to follow, you need to read around and select your preferred path to move forward.

Good Luck with ICS, for me, no regrets at all.
    Not to be morbid but...
    no bricks so far with this release after wipe/factory reset?

works fine with me no issues now
    Please confirm

Don't use Gee I solve my problem after setting this APN

Name: Starhub
    APN internet
    MCC:525
    MNC:05
    APN Type: internet
    Bearer:Unspecified

In my records, APN for our 3 Telco here are as below:

SingTel

APN: e-ideas

Username: 65ideas
    Password: 65ideas
    APN: internet
    Username: LEAVE_BLANK
    Password: LEAVE_BLANK

Starhub

APN: shwapint

APN: shwap

Proxy: 10.12.1.2
    Port: 80

M1

APN: sunsurf

Username: 65
    Password: user123
    APN: miworld

Username: 65
    Password: user123
    i do know username / pass are not mandately required.

you wrote APN for starhub is "Internet"?
    If Klies, why not?

Sorry for a noob question, but this ICS update over Kies is official ICS for Singapore gnotes? If it is I will get to it as soon as I am home from work! :D

If you are upgrading from Klies, why not just download the entire stock rom, install via PC Odin, this way you do it once keeping the main OS as backup in your PC, you can revert if you need to anytime, and also you do not have to worry about network speed or availabilities. IMO :)
    Guys, can share What kernel u are on for starhub and how's the signal?

Sent from my GT-N7000

Ah hoe,
    my understanding there's no relation between kernel and signal.
    if you are talking about modem, then it is yes got relationship with signal.

But so far that I know, I always use the europe country region baseband and modem. So far so good. Nothing wrong with my signal.
    I even use custom ROM (non stock ROM), and so far so good.

Currently I'm on XXLRK 4.0.4 ICS, with CriskeloROM v.11.1, and Speedmod K3-11.
    My device is running very smooth, no lag, no heat, and able to go into deep sleep. :victory:

You may try if you want (please read carefully and follow instructions) :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1609252

~WJ~
    ===========================================
    Galaxy Note N7000 XXLRK ICS 4.0.4
    ROM = CriskeloROM v.11.1
    Kernel = Speedmod K3-11
    ===========================================